Gizmo from the My science project movie

I just saw this thread. I never heard of the movie. While the Rotten Tomatoes score of 14% doesn't make me too excited, a good prop is always interesting. While looking for the trailer on YouTube, I saw they have the full movie:
And I see that Amazon has 10" plasma balls for $89.
... no, don't let me get carried away ... I need to finish two or three projects, while I have already two more projects lined up ... :)
But I surely plan to follow this thread.

Hi Guys been sitting in background watching this post for a long time hoping and hoping something may come along. Any news on this project?

Kind of bummed out to see there really isn't much info about this prop out there. Despite the movie not being the greatest I've always loved this prop and wish there were more info on it out there. Really sad to know it was damaged and tossed out. I imagine given how fragile the globe was it was only a matter of time. I'd love to buy a small energy sphere and try and make my own version. I just wish there were better images of what it looked like from all sides.

Really wish the member that bought the blueprints had shared them, or even offered copies for private sale. He hasn't posted since 2016, and his only posts were in this thread saying he was the person that bought them.

Really wish the member that bought the blueprints had shared them, or even offered copies for private sale. He hasn't posted since 2016, and his only posts were in this thread saying he was the person that bought them.
No kidding. That interaction started to give me the vibe of 'I've got this stuff and I'm just here to let you know, see ya!'. Just my feeling, but I've seen it before.

For what it's worth- I have been chipping away at this in my spare time, between screen caps, flattened images of the blueprints here, and some other reference materials out there. The above blueprints do vary from the main sceen-used Gizmo in a few ways, including some base and body details. I know they would have been a great asset to have when working up the design, but I feel at least a little bit better knowing that there are more accurate details to find on-screen than what the prints show lol.

Any who, no timeline on this as I have my regular work schedule to contend with, but I can say that at least one of us is still trudging away on it

science.png

:p

That's awesome work man.

I wonder if there was some place that might have production photos. I note one of the model makers was Grant McCune. I wonder if any surviving model maker would still have some stuff.

Last edited:
That's awesome work man.

I wonder if there was some place that might have production photos. I note one of the model makers was Grant McCune. I wonder if any surviving model maker would still have some stuff.
I've found NOTHING....:( Even a couple of clear caps, a 3/4 view of the top, anything would be great. And you know that somewhere there are some old polaroids sitting in a drawer, or in an auction box, etc :D :D :D

Have you tried reaching out to any of the McCune estate? I see the FB pages are still up, McCune Masterworks and McCune Design? The official websites don't work though.

2016, the blueprints didn't sell on the iCollector website, when they were valued between the 50 - 200 dollars. It was a lot that was part of a bunch of the McCune models. Maybe they might still have the blueprints, or any other documentation.

Need to get back to this....been a busy few years though,.,.

Attachments

• GIZMO_dim.jpg
    GIZMO_dim.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
  • GIZMO4.jpg
    GIZMO4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 165
  • GIZMO5.jpg
    GIZMO5.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 175
  • GIZMO6.jpg
    GIZMO6.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 191
  • new phone 073.jpg
    new phone 073.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 191

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back