Ghostbusters Slimer Wall Hanger Done!

It was me. I told you when you showed this, the first time. I told you about the pin pong balls for eyes, too :lol I sold the molds on ebay, long ago. You must have gotten a copy from those molds, since I never sold kits. Paint-job looks amazing! Best paint-job I've seen. I do like my teeth work better, thou (Minder Thr33's pic). The light-work makes me regret not thinking about it, first :lol

LOL! That's right. It's been such a long term project that I forgot all about that. The paint job was done to as closely match the original screen used spud from some behind the scenes pictures. I tried to follow Minder's teeth photo design, but mine were a little different from the castings I got so just had to make do.

Out of curiousity, since you did the original sculpt, what was the original purpose of the way you interior of the mouth bulged out instead of being more concave?

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, since you did the original sculpt, what was the original purpose of the way you interior of the mouth bulged out instead of being more concave?

I was so poor when I sculpted it that I put a bunch of clay on a cardboard tube that I made (flat cardboard rounded into a tube. Couldn't afford a bust or work station) and sculpted the face around it. I had to settle with a mock-up mouth because the cardboard tube, were the clay was seating on, wouldn't let me sculpt through it.

And so, the mouth was meant to be a mock-up mouth. Not deep, but with just some depth behind the teeth.

About hands, it's very easy to make them with sealant foam. I will blog a How-to, soon.

This is very cool and the paint job is amazing. I do like the ideas of hands and his butt sticking out of the wall on the other side. Probably not pretty but it would be an interesting conversation piece.

Ok I guess this is now going to wind up on my work bench..... Looks fantastic, I totally need one of those. The idea of using translucent green resin to make a slime stain is a really good idea also.

Thanks again, I'm pretty psyched how well this ended up, but I'm probably going to move on to finishing up my Jaffa Serpent Helmet at this point. Well I think the person who has the molds still is in this forum. I don't know if he has any intention, but if the interest is high he might do a run of these.

Hi Kerr Avon i was wondering if you have this for sale cause i am werry intrested in buying it from you and i wonder if you could reply me back on this by sending an email to
rudy_el_hoshy@hotmail.com

facebook rudy chi i live in sweden

youtube name therudeboy83

hope you can reply me bck soon

regards rudy

I spent a little time redecorating and organizing my stuff. I finally hung my Proton Pack on the wall, moved my Ghostbusters poster over next to it, then hung Slimer next to him. My Gozer Temple door is just to the left over the fireplace too!

attachment.php

Thanks everyone! I think it's all coming together nicely. I'm a slow decorator, but when I do it I want to do it right. Honestly hanging the proton pack has been a long term plan, but I've been hesitant due to the thought of it coming down. The spots I wanted to hang it don't have a stud in the right place, but then I found this hook which supports up to 100 lb with only drywall. Since I usually like to over engineer stuff, a hook that can handle four times the weight of the pack is something I can feel safe to use.

attachment.php

Sadly, after all that concern, it wasn't the pack that came down hours after hanging things. Slimer came down hard and killed my universal remote, cracking the screen nicely. Slimer was relatively undamaged, but damn it, that wasn't a cheap remote. So I fixed Slimer up, roughed up the inside at a couple spots and used JB Weld to attach the hanging loops on the inside. If it keeps engine blocks together, it'll keep those on.

As for how he lights up, it's just a 9V battery with three hyper bright green LEDs. There's a small switch about a third of the way up on the left side you can reach in and turn on and off. It's normally off, except when I'm showing him off.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back