GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

I have never seen a film release so much behind the scenes footage, trailers, and other extras BEFORE taking film is even out as Ghostbusters 2016. Somehow that is not a good sign to me. Seems like desperation.

- - - Updated - - -

I was fourteen when GBII came out,I liked both the film and the cartoon (the cartoon is still passable,an amazing thing with how I feel about things like the Transformers) but I felt back then that the film was a separate entity from the cartoon and the second movie came off too hard as them trying to make a live action Real Ghostbusters,too silly I mean....mood slime? really?? it just didn't feel right.

But now I'm gonna give it a second chance and I'll be watching both the first and the second the next couple days,it'll probably come off as a masterpiece next to this new.....film.

*ETA*

I also felt they went a bit off with the five year break between one and two,if they wanted to follow the real Ghostbusters they should have started a year or two after with the guys being a regular thing now and basically put it at the beginning of the cartoon and maybe crank the silliness up a bit.

Although frankly I felt the mood slime was a little unforgivable,the TRGB could be downright creepy and if they'd have gone that direction it would have been better.

I didn't have any problem with the mood slime, but the "Slimer" in the movie looked like crap to me, even as a kid. It looked like some crappy costume, and it was. The mood slime at least had a reason behind it, and when the Ghostbusters would take the negatively charged slime and flip it to positive made some sense to me. I was a huge fan of the RGB cartoon and I still am, excluding the crap episodes that came along later. Loved that show when I was a kid, and when I saw Slimer in the second movie with it's obviously someone standing upright in a suit, arms sticking out of the side of a craptastic costume.. ugh... and that because they were trying to appeal to a kids viewing audience and I was a kid at the time and the "Slimer" in GB2 sucked.

giphy22.giftumblr_ms4utayjf01s21ghio1_500.gif

Last edited:
Do I dare even watch it when cast and crew are being asses?

they think this helps them ...how?

so much easier just to ignore it and talk up how good your movie is going to be..

unless..

The clip is only mildly repulsive. About what I've come to expect from the team that doubles down on this award winning marketing strategy.

But the article he linked with it is among the most obnoxious things we've seen yet. It's basically "they did the song badly! You got served, sexist fanboys!"

Exactly. I am not against this movie because of the all female lead cast. I am again it because I think feig is a bad director and makes bad movies plus I think the females they hired for the main cast are not funny. If they would have used a different female cast and director, I think the movie would be a lot better.

I hate how they keep trying to disregard the repulsion by putting the gender label on this.

It has nothing to do with gender. It's just a stupid movie with 5 year old humor.

I keep wondering about the strategy behind this.

Maybe it costs money for sony to keep this movie in the theater when it b ombs badly.
the only thing i can think of is that they are trying to **** EVERYONE off, so they can pull it early with an excuse and save booking money too.

But then, you see them doing all these odd charity things to try and appeal to other audiences other than the fans, so that theory doesn't really add up.

I guess the only thing that DOES make sense, is that hollywood has themost psychopaths in it.

The whole reason Hemsworth is in the movie.
The fact that feig dressed him up like himself is another matter that needs psycho analyzing.

Last edited by a moderator:
not the worst poster the could havegone with....

except for the stupid hemsworth pose.

28 more days or less, then on to the next one to bitch about.

PH3HRCTT7a7m6b_1_l.jpg

I don't know if its been mentioned, but Papa Johns will be the Food company promoting the movie.

You can get a No Ghost logo gift card as part of the promotion.

i've never really understood double branding commercials. i know what sony gets out of it, but what's in it for progressive other than a possible feel good spot?

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never really understood double branding commercials. i know what sony gets out of it, but what's in it for progressive other than a possible feel good spot?

https://youtu.be/cin-bvwIaIk

That always baffled me too. I can see with things like kids breakfast cereal, but insurance companies? Does anyone say "I liked that movie, I'm going to change insurance companies as soon as I get home."

https://youtu.be/cin-bvwIaIk

So the movie is already insured to prepare for catastrophic failure. Good idea!

not the worst poster the could havegone with....

except for the stupid hemsworth pose.

28 more days or less, then on to the next one to bitch about.

http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.site/PH3HRCTT7a7m6b_1_l.jpg

That poster looks like an April Fools joke. I should stop waking up surprised every day that this movie is actually made and coming soon.....

So the movie is already insured to prepare for catastrophic failure. Good idea!

what's even weirder, is that ghost flo looked far better than the $150 million ghosts in the movie!

http://www.mtv.com/news/2891226/i-s...-the-only-*******-there/?xrs=share_copy_email

I refound that article. women goes into gb super fan party acting like *******, finds only ******* there is her.

i mean, really.. is journalism dead now? have bloggers taken over?

and there are ******** in this fandom. she didn't look very hard . can't even troll right ;o).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back