GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

I feel like Dan just keeps hoping this thing flops so a real film can be made someday.

he's said as much.

thanks to an NDA, he can't say it anymore though.

what we really need is a disney buy out and hope someone there respects it enough to return it to glory.
while the original cast members are still mobile enough to do a true three.

Word gets out that people are having fun with the movie and the haters get FEISTY! :lol

It looks like the fans had a blast!
Of course the fans that went to LA had a blast. So did the fans that went to NYC. Most of those people were pro rebooters chosen by Sony anyway. I am interested in the reviews from movie critics that are NOT rabid pro reboot fans or members of GB franchises.

When we get a post release thread going I'll gladly give my full review. I will say MANY of the things complained about shown in the trailers are not in the movie. Maybe in the directors cut did they've promised. ALSO, no F bomb.

Yes Bob is in this movie. He posted it on his facebook this last year, im amazed they didnt cut him with the backlash on it. On the other hand they dont give a hoot about us.

exactly, they haven't listened to any of the fans since day one, they dont care about us or anything we have to say. let the movie burn, fiegs career is over

Of course the fans that went to LA had a blast. So did the fans that went to NYC. Most of those people were pro rebooters chosen by Sony anyway. I am interested in the reviews from movie critics that are NOT rabid pro reboot fans or members of GB franchises.

Yep, as i think it was you who pointed out (apologies if wrong) fans had to pay $1,000's or more if traveling, so of COURSE they where excited.
It's insane logic to think they wouldn't have fun there even if the movie was ****ty.

They got to see Superstar Leslie Jones, after all ;o)

What's funny is, some of the reviews that ARE popping up that are negative are by people who arn't pro reboot, or even super fans. they seem to be just casual movie goers.

Father abandoned them, he is a self described ninny. Said he liked hanging out with the girls more than boys growing up because the boys would beat him up. His words from a Variety article IIRC.

I was surprised that he was married, I would have bet the farm that he was gay. Then again she could be a cover up. I bet they would beat him up because he was such an insufferable little jerk.

When we get a post release thread going I'll gladly give my full review. I will say MANY of the things complained about shown in the trailers are not in the movie. Maybe in the directors cut did they've promised. ALSO, no F bomb.

I think you are safe, Variety just released their review sling with about 20 or so others. Your Sony agreement is kinda null and void at this point

>>Jordan Raup at The Film Stage says while the movie doesn’t reach the heights of Feig’s previous films, it’s an ideal summer blockbuster:>>>

HAHAHAHA. have you seen some of feigs previous films? a character shat in a sink. this is what we call grandness now?
the suckup ness of the internet knows no bounds. even for D list directors.

From the collider article. this pretty much sums up how feig thinks the world views women in general. so it's pretty much a statement movie.

>>
So, yeah, mixed as all get out—which was probably to be expected when rebooting a franchise this iconic. But the film also takes time to single out those reactionary few who had a bone to pick with the movie from the word “go”, with nods to internet trolls and the like. And no, as Yamato notes in her review, it does turn this into “Lady Ghostbusters,” although it doesn’t ignore the fact that the leads are women:
The fact that they’re women never defines these heroes, but the way the world reacts to them reflects why the gender swap is significant. When these Ghostbusters are labeled delusional by a skeptical public and smeared by a city government that slanders them for the greater good, they’re not just crazy people—they’re crazy women, a pejorative far more loaded than it ever is when foisted on men. As the Ghostbusters have always been, they’re heroes who must prove themselves not just to their peers, but also to their audience>>

Last edited:
Reviews are very mixed, either very negative or glowing positive. I think I know which movie critics Sony was able to make bend over by their reviews, got them pegged.
But most fan reviews I am seeing are pretty bad. I wonder how Rotten Tomatos will rate it after the weekend.

Sony doesn't need to make anybody do anything.

The angry nerd/sexist ruckus has made the movie effectively an underdog in the eyes of many. Lots of reviewers will go in wanting to like it.

that's sadly true. even if they hated it, they might give it a good review just to get joy out of seeing all the 'butt hurt' comments come in. considering how childish this has made people on both sides, i wouldn't put it past anyone at this point.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back