GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

I was reading reddit responses and found this online regarding the 2009 game...

>
A buddy of mine worked on the game and said that Murray got pissed and quit doing voice work half way through recordings - threatening to walk away entirely (thus keeping them from using what he had done). That's why he isn't in half the missions and they didn't get to use better takes.
They had written a bunch of great Jones for him that also never got recorded.
The game was still great, and the multiplayer was surprisingly fun.

>>>

huh... that I never heard before. Iwonder what could have happened between him and harold, or him and the ghostbusters franchise, that could cause him to hate it so much. he really does sound like an un fun, un caring ass.

i've had it sitting around since christmas, but i'm trying to get through the heman one first.

reading the comments on one or two of the FB pages is kind of sickening at this point .... one positive one in particular where it's no secret they are buying sony's line hook and sinker.
it'll be a very interesting/long four months to see how this thing does not only in terms of video dislikes, but also first box office week.

Bought this last night, & it should be here Monday

http://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-...w_p_img_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0RCV2B3MQ7CHHTK1XDSS

Hoping some of Murray's issues are explained, since it covers the making of the game as well.
It's a solid book! Definitely a must-have for fans. If you're into the "making-of" thing, there's an amazing GB documentary about to wrap up a Kickstarter campaign. Over 70 interviews with cast and crew, plus AMAZING video, photo, and art content that's never been seen before. If the Kickstarter hits a certain amount, they're going to release a 4+ hour cut! Check it out and donate, if you're interested!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1329754297/cleanin-up-the-town-remembering-ghostbusters

huh... that I never heard before. Iwonder what could have happened between him and harold, or him and the ghostbusters franchise, that could cause him to hate it so much. he really does sound like an un fun, un caring ass.
Murray and Ramis had a big falling out during the production of Groundhog Day. Murray was apparently going through some pretty bad personal stuff that caused tension. Everything I've heard about Murray points to him being somewhat tough to work with, but a super cool, fun guy.

Back on the reboot, I've been playing around with digital painting and worked this up after the trailer dropped!
rZlmV48.jpg

Last edited:
Murray and Ramis had a big falling out during the production of Groundhog Day. Murray was apparently going through some pretty bad personal stuff that caused tension. Everything I've heard about Murray points to him being somewhat tough to work with, but a super cool, fun guy.

yes, that i've heard of before. I dunno why, but I always thought there had to be more too it than that. it seemed like too simple an excuse....almost like that movie was the final straw for anything that happened before. at least to me.

yes, that i've heard of before. I dunno why, but I always thought there had to be more too it than that. it seemed like too simple an excuse....almost like that movie was the final straw for anything that happened before. at least to me.
A simple excuse? How so? They're just ordinary people. People have falling outs, friends drift apart, people decide not to work with each other. It's a common thing that happens to everyone.

The way I heard it, Murray was going through a divorce and was particularly difficult, leaning on Ramis pretty hard, who took it as Murray being Murray. Ramis concentrated on the movie more than his lead's personal life, which Murray didn't like. In addition, they clashed over creative differences on Groundhog Day-- Murray wanted a more serious take, Ramis wanted more comedy.

On a happier note, they apparently buried the hatchet before Ramis passed away.

that's a little more like it. THAT I can see causing a big rift.

I always thought it had something to do with GB on top of it. like he was harping on bill to get Gb 3 going throughout the whole movie ;o).

Neither one was particularly happy with the process of writing/making GB2. It probably wasn't even a blip on their radar at that time.

Even a mediocre remake brings in a couple hundred million dollars worldwide.

Putting the original 30yo versions back in theaters will earn a tiny fraction of that.

Any questions?

That's only true because those re-releases are only for one or two screenings, which are never advertised.

I used to challenge myself to go without TV for a week....I need to see if I can stay away from feigbuster topics for a month.

reading all these internet boards looking for some good juicy info among the dung with endless circular discussion has driven me more goofy than usual. and that is pretty goofy!

at this point it's pretty safe bet this thing will be terrible. that should be good to last till the reviews start coming in from critic screenings..if those happen ;o) but having OCD is tough... it really fires it up ;o).

- - - Updated - - -

apologies to westies for that last pm. I thought I had some good 'this might be true' info lol..

I just saw on FB sony is planning a 21 jump street, Men in Black crossover. All I could think of was...why?

21 isn't nearly as popular as men in black. what could one hope to benefit the other with?

unless they are already trying to plan for something big to recover from Ghostbsuters.

oh god not another jump street... the second one was god awful and i left half way through the movie. i really liked the last MIB, they should end the will smith story and continue with some new characters, make K take over Zebs spot

Just watched the trailer :thumbsdown. I'm gonna go lie down in a dark room and mourn for the death of one of my favourite comedy franchises:cry. I saw nothing funny, just a bad rehash with girl power. Oh well. There is always another chance in another 30 years. Perhaps younger audiences will appreciate it if they dont know the originals too well but for me?........

No.

One of my great friends and her daughter's awesome trailer reaction video, unfortunately they've had to delete a ton of vile and disgusting comments made on it. Positivity, try it sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my great friends and her daughter's awesome trailer reaction video, unfortunately they've had to delete a ton of vile and disgusting comments made on it. Positivity, try it sometime.

http://youtu.be/ggk4poeOxG8

I If that story breakdown is true and legit, there is not enough positivity in this world that would make that movie good movie. Now we have even more to complain about.

Ghostbusters established a true mythology. The GB´s are there at the right point in time and space to save the world. The plan to throw the world into darkness was conceived by a mad man decades ago and based on events prophesied centuries ago.

What are we getting now? Seems like they threw GB 1 and GB 2 into a blender, pushed it through a sieve and somehow, somehow messed up when trying to separate the juicy stuff from the pulpey stuff.

I have no interest in seeing this movie HOWEVER the reaction to that little girl seeing the trailer is awesome! I was thinking about it and I was about her age when the first GB came out so I can understand her excitement and hopefully she will enjoy it :)

That's so cute! I'm hoping to load up my little nieces with some fun GB toys this Christmas.

Although I'm personally enjoying the anticipation and plan on going in with an open mind, I get negativity and disappointment... but not towards a little kid enjoying it. If you're attacking a little kid or their parents for enjoying a trailer, you might want to rethink your life choices and priorities.

Sorry I couldnt log in for a couple days. I think what people mean when it says "ruined their childhood" despite the fact that they cant alter the movies, but its our perception of them. How did you feel about Darth Vader after you watched the prequels? Its that same kind of let down feeling. And seriously, this looks like a blatant cash grab. The reason why Point Break is called that, is because they surf. They dont surf at all in the new movie even though its still called point break. Hollywood is in a state of sad affairs.
Have you seen Dredd 3D? Its a masterpiece.
And youre right, I forgot about Dredd, but that proves my point. It was forgettable, and the first one was SO AWFUL the remake didnt really have to do much for it to be better. Granted, I did enjoy it, and would totally see a sequel, but I wouldnt call it a masterpiece.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back