Ghostbusters movie by Paul Feig

Re: Ghostbusters 3

I don't care if it's an all female cast as long as they're good actors with a good script, but there is absolutely no reason for this to be a reboot! All it needs is a few lines of setup that this new group is a franchise in a new city and the movie can tell whatever story it wants from there. Acknowledge that the first two movies happened and then add to the lore.

Ghostbusters has a huge fanbase. That fanbase is why this movie is being made. The fanbase does not want a reboot. I understand why Hollywood wants to make movies from existing properties, but why is it so obsessed with putting the name of something that people love on a product that has nothing to do with that property?

Part of it is this notion that every movie now has to appeal to every demographic to make as much money as it possibly can. That mentality is what's causing the movie industry to implode. You can make an existing property appeal to it's existing fanbase, or you can make a new movie for a new fanbase. You can't do both. That's what they're going to try though. That's why it's going to suck. Nothing of the thing we love will be in this movie. It will be a joyless, soulless cash-in.

It would take so little for them to make the slightest concession to the fans of the original movies (yes, BOTH of them) but executives don't care about the existing fans. They figure "They're fans, they'll buy tickets no matter what we do. Now how do we get the non-fans to see the movie?" That's how this crap happens.

The only ray of hope in this situation is that Ghostbusters 3 has been "confirmed" like 12 freaking times in the last few years and then hasn't happened. I pray that this is the case once again.

I would rather have no new Ghostbusters movie than have a Ghostbusters movie that ignores what we loved about the originals.

Hollywood can't burn to the ground fast enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

68161_10152839933209701_4950560418715718285_n.jpg

Nah.. he is already a badass ghostbuster.

Oh and I got to visit the Sony lot back in July.

15721015175_5e8bb01f26_c.jpg

Last edited:

I was irked by the fact that it was kept open in the sun like that. It should be preserved indoors.

Didn't they do a heavy restoration of the car in conjunction with the Ghostbusters video game? There's a featurette about it on the BluRays.

They did 100k restoration that was actually fairly poorly done. When we were there a year and a half ago, the front glass was popping out of the frame, the tub in the roof rack was swollen from moisture and the paint was flaking off, and there was rust appearing everywhere. It was also just in the back lot, and you could stroll 50 feet off the street and there is was. I didn't realize they had moved it to the center walkway, but that's probably an improvement. I wonder if they still leave it unlocked and full of ladders and extension cords.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back