Ghostbusters flightsuit

justRich

After realising I can't get a beautiful Magnoli suit anytime soon, I decided to try and find a pattern to have my own made. I heard the McCalls "Resistance" pattern M2054 is the one to use. Trouble is it's sold out everywhere.

But I found one. There is only one noticeable difference between the pattern and the Ghostbusters suit; the pocket on the left leg is a different orientation than the pattern but that seems trivial. Looking forward to starting this.

Anyone tackled this before?

Attachments

• PXL_20230516_171932798.jpg
    PXL_20230516_171932798.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 132
Don't forget to keep an eye out at our Overstock section! You can find some suits there for cheap: Paranormal Jumpsuit (Overstock- Extra Large)

Even if they don't fit, it's probably a lot eaiser to tailor one down to fit than to source the fabric and make it from scratch! But if you do go this route, good luck! And be sure to post photos of your progress.

Alas, I did check your posts before posting this today and your sizes don't work on my weird shape. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you could let me know of any other differences between the pattern and the costume I'm all ears. Or, eyes, even.

And fabric bought. I have a few sewing gurus to check in on now.

I see you have already bought fabric, but did you consider buying an oversized original CWU-27p flight suit on ebay and modifying it?

I see folks are going with the ripstop, was there ever any other fabric used? I can't seem to find reference to the materials used in the original film, though I suspect they're off-the-peg flightsuits.

I see you have already bought fabric, but did you consider buying an oversized original CWU-27p flight suit on ebay and modifying it?
I did. I've had a few things altered over the years and there are certain elements that can't be changed, like armpits (yeah, really). Hey, I'm fussy!

I picked up this pattern a few years ago. It's pretty good! Don't forget to add the action pleat in the back!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back