Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Project: The Largest Ever

Needless to say, you have a ton of people emotionally invested in this project as you are. Every little progress brings us all closer to the show beauty she will be. Congrats so far, you're so close to being done!

Hey guys,

I just figured that I would drop by and leave you all with some more recent pictures of the car. The car is being deconstructed to perfect various things as we speak and it won't be re-assembled for many months (we are going to get this thing perfect...it's close, but it is good to have a new set of eyes going over it all to fine tune it). At least I got some shots of it before the deconstruction began...

Until next time...

So now I have returned to PA and I have left the Ecto back in California, but she's in great hands and still coming along. As you can see in some of the photos, the spotlight has been installed in the front driver-side fender. I'll make a post about this in the future but I'm tired and need to overcome the remaining effects of jet-lag. My buddy and I did do some cool stuff I didn't post much about on here, including a private Sony tour that led to us literally becoming the only two GB fans anywhere to personally inspect some of the hero/semi-hero screen used proton packs, as well as the slime blower (I'm 99.99% sure we are the only two fans to ever see the blower). We visited some other movie-related locations but I figured I'd spare you all from seeing non-related photos. If anyone wants I can post more non-Ecto photos at a later time too. Anyway, enjoy! I hope you watched and loved the videos!

- Adam
PLEASE TELL ME YOU GOT PICTURES OF THE SLIME BLOWER!!!! I would love to make a screen accurate slime blower, and I'd also love to see the condition it was in!

Are we going to get pictures of what's been done to the car / parts of the car, in the meanwhile?

Pictures will be coming as the work on the car starts to ramp up...that is likely to be the second week of September given that the guy working on the car is finishing up another car and going on vacation at the end of August into early September. I'm not complaining, as I am going back to Los Angeles from August 29 - September 3rd!

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GOT PICTURES OF THE SLIME BLOWER!!!! I would love to make a screen accurate slime blower, and I'd also love to see the condition it was in!

I have photos of every aspect of the slime blower, but I cannot share them publicly or privately given verbal agreement with my connection at the Sony Archives.

It is actually in amazing shape...built very sturdy. I would be in on it if it were ever for sale, but I doubt that will ever happen, or that I could afford to acquire it. I wish I could share more, believe me!

I'm very happy to hear this! The slime blower is one of my favorite pieces of equipment, and I have gotten worried about it over the past few years as rumors that it had been destroyed and the parts used on other things made their rounds. I'm happy to know that someone has finally gotten eyes on it, and can confirm that it is still around, and in better condition, by what youve said, than the screen used proton packs

Awesome job. Such a detailed documentation of it too. My favorite part was that you took existing 59 quarter panels off something else and put them on your own to really make it the Ecto-1.

I recall some show on TV about movie cars when they made an Ecto-1 out of a 60, but didn't do that. I guess they didn't have time, but come on. You showed it can (and should) be done. And you're a guy on the internet. What's their excuse? And I really like that you knew more about the car than the people hired to restore the original.

I don't know if that's more interesting or... sad.

Last edited:
Such a great project.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I notice that the bottom of the doors have curved corners on the movie car, and they are right angles on yours. Is that due to the model year differences? Is that something you'll change to match?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I notice that the bottom of the doors have curved corners on the movie car, and they are right angles on yours. Is that due to the model year differences? Is that something you'll change to match?

I think it has to do with the car having suicide doors versus normal with a post between them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back