GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife Trap Build Thread

BrandtFX

Hey everyone!

Here's a small project I'm tinkering on in between other builds. It's the trap from GBA. I really liked the proportions from this one in the film. It's closer to the smaller scale of the GB2 trap but with the details and some upgrades from GB1.

Here's a render of my model progress:
e3bacb3a-0768-4fdf-b1b3-4409eb69c78e.PNG

GBA_FINAL_2022-Feb-27_02-46-54PM-000_CustomizedView7685603739.png

The goal is to make it a functioning trap with working doors and lights and maybe some other effects down the road. The only thing I'm planning on changing with this trap vs. the screen used one, is to make a functional removable cartridge. But I have a plan to make it work like the OGB traps with out sacrificing screen accuracy.

Heres a shot of my current printed pieces with some print times. I'm trying to document the build process.

GBA_TRAP_PROGRESS1.png

I still need to find some more washers, Home Depot ran out here. And I need to pick up some more screws for the wheel mount. I'm hoping to find a spacer for the bearings but the back up plan is to just print one.

Here's a shot of the track system Im adding in to my model. There isn't one on the GBA trap but I wanted it to help make the cartridge removable. Fun fact, none of the GBA traps were built with actual removable cartridges. They just look like they could have them.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 12.55.43 PM.png

Heres a new update!

I did some test fitting before sanding a painting today. Its raining outside today but the next several days should be good enough to paint in!

It rolls. Not great yet but it goes go a little bit when pushed.

Ive got the screws in place for the track system which Ill be printing this evening.

tempImageWblr9J.jpg

Updates?

I found this pic....is it a classic trap? Or the Afterlife trap?

Attachments

• trap.jpg
    trap.jpg
    709.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back