Ge'tal's concept

Getal Gratua

I've posted some of my costumes in the non-predator board. Last night I was inspired to sketch up a concept for what I hope will become my second Predator suit after 18 years (well, I'd say this is the TRUE first one because the previous one was really crappy).

Anyway, I don't have a name for this guy yet (any suggestions?) but he has full body armor and the armor covers 90% of his body. He is an Elder. I intend to get some sort of latex "sleeves" to cover up the openings at the elbow and knees. Also other latex pieces to cover the underarm and "boxer shorts" area. He's got a kama (half-skirt) and a cape as well. A unique feature will be the scale "sleeves" and ab armor, inspired by a Chris Howe artwork.

So here he is (sorry for the crappy quality of the pics, I did not have a scanner at hand!):
elder1a.jpg
elder1b.jpg
elder1c.jpg
elder1d.jpg

And here are pics of his bio:
elder_bio1a.jpg
elder_bio1b.jpg

I'll be posting up concepts from time to time, but I don't know when I will be able to start. I intend to do more research before I lay the first foundations. If I were to make this, I would use a paper base (some sort of board, probably covered with paper tape) and then cover this up with a layers of resin and bondo. The details would either be sculpted from floral foam or paper clay. I may cast a some parts, if need be.

Let me know what you think!

elder1a.jpg

elder1b.jpg

elder1c.jpg

elder1d.jpg

elder_bio1a.jpg

elder_bio1b.jpg

Badass is all I can say on him.Name though looks like a steve.... Know if you were thinking about a pred name go with your screen name or mabye something samurai based(Though looks a tad bit more like a gladiator every time i see him).

Looks *ouch* Lethal !

You should just sculpt the Bio with medium soft clay and mold it.

The concept is pretty good fits the Predator Aesthetic well :(

Looks *ouch* Lethal !

You should just sculpt the Bio with medium soft clay and mold it.

The concept is pretty good fits the Predator Aesthetic well :D

Thanks! Would love to sculpt the bio using clay... If I can find any at a reasonable price! ;)

I'm doing the full armor to avoid wearing the body suit in Malaysian weather... hope that's OK... :(

..it looks a a full armour ancient samurai..aggresive & standby for war at any time...
..i like the bio :(..had gives me some extra ideas on my second modify bio mask..
..at last, when the final products will come out.?.:D

..it looks a a full armour ancient samurai..aggresive & standby for war at any time...
..i like the bio :(..had gives me some extra ideas on my second modify bio mask..
..at last, when the final products will come out.?.:D

Thanks, Nax! Hope I can see your bio in person soon!

As for a deadline for the whole thing? I hope to be able to sport it doing Comic Fiesta 2010... if I decide to go! ;)

dude those drawings are freakin bad ass!!!...if you can make your suit to look just like that i would be speachless...XD and the bio is =O amazing! i hope you get the results you want , and cant wait to see this suit. =)

dude those drawings are freakin bad ass!!!...if you can make your suit to look just like that i would be speachless...XD and the bio is =O amazing! i hope you get the results you want , and cant wait to see this suit. =)

Thanks! Can't wait to start, but I think I'll take this one really carefully... I think almost everything will be scratch-built! :(

Here's the colored version of Scales. I think I'll settle for copper in the actual one instead of gold.

elder_color.jpg

And here are some bio concepts. The bottom one is female. :(

bios_1.jpg

elder_color.jpg

bios_1.jpg

Did a few more sketches today. I know... I know... You guys wanna see some physical evidence! I've still got some other stuff to complete before I can move on to this! :(

Anyway, I've been talking it over with my girlfriend and she also wants a pred suit. I suggested a Machiko-style suit but since she already has the predalorian, she wanted a fempred! So, I did some sketches and came up with my rendition of one. Don't have pics of it yet, but I will post the pics when I can.

Anyway, I would like to go with Uratz's suggestion and go with a proportional costume. That means scratch-building virtually everything. I intend to use a mannequin head as the base for my mask sculpt. I don't intend on using clay, but a combination of paper, floral foam, fiberglass and bondo. I'm more familiar with these materials, anyway! Once that is done, I will sculpt a bio based on that mask. In the mean time, armor parts (all of it resin/fiberglass) will be made using mounting board/paper packing tape as a base and covered with fiberglass and bondo. I want to use leather for all the straps on the armor. I have found some old beads that will be used for decoration, and am planning to make the dreads out of cloth and layer that with latex. The elder will have some of his dreds cropped and capped in a decorative sheath. I imagine this guy being around since the time of the Pharaohs, and his look actually influenced how the Egyptians viewed their gods (tie-in with AVP, although I don't buy the "3-in-1" culture explanation).

This will be a challenging one for me, as am basically building two suits: the predator "skin" and his armor. I don't want to mold any of the armor parts to the skin. I want my pred to wear his armor like real armor. I also need to simplify the designs for "Scales" because when I coloured him, I think his armor is too showy - elder or not. For the body suit, I may use a neoprene wetsuit coated in latex... or something of that nature.

I've ordered some laser diodes for the trilaser, some fans for the skull, LEDs for the gaunts and have located a source for liquid latex. I need to get some paper clay to sculpt the teeth, claws and the bone trophies. Maybe locate a pair of comfortable old boots to be converted into feet. Thinking of getting a prop skull and put it on a stick once I get the finances.

Wow... that's quite a lot to start with... :(

Woha!! love it! :(

awlays like to see heavly armored preds. Yours has a very kinda Bone knight feel too it

I like the top concept bio

Thanks for chiming in, Brandon! I am liking the top concept as well. I may smoothen it out a bit though. The colored concept looks to me like some bad Power Ranger villain... my watercolor skills are running away from me... :(

I may add an Egyptian-style axe or sword to Scales. I'll post up the fempred once I'm satisfied with it. :(

I think its just the colours. Tehre bright like taht gold wolf guy used to be lol

maybe show a bit more skin, half less under armor and go with a more "metal" looking bio that doesn't have as much of a face?

I think its just the colours. Tehre bright like taht gold wolf guy used to be lol

maybe show a bit more skin, half less under armor and go with a more "metal" looking bio that doesn't have as much of a face?

Here's the latest concept of "Scales", with a less face-like bio.

PC020354.jpg

And here's his counterpart, the human Predator known as "Milla"

PC020348.jpg

Comment, please!

PC020354.jpg

PC020348.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back