Genesis device prop????

I wish I had the Genesis console that Khan uses to activate the Genesis device at the end of 'WOK'. That thing rocked.
I loved the look of it and the light-up 'COMMIT' sign that comes on when he arms it.

As for what happened to that and the Genesis device itself, I don't know.
Maybe they'll show up somewhere someday.

Anyone knows what happen to the genesis device prop? Its such a big part of the plot of two movies.
Thanks

I believe most of the computer consoles used in ST:TWoK were rented from a prop rental house, including the Genesis Device activation console used by Khan. Not sure if the Genesis Device itself was also rented. At any rate, if no one here can chime in with an answer I'm sure the folks at The Star Trek Prop, Costume & Auction Board can probably say what happened to some of these items.

Thanks, I will do some more research on the prop house. I just find it a big surprise that it a big surprise that people have not asked about that prop.

They 'rented' the Genesis device? The large, custom looking, special purpose item with a large "Commit" screen? That wasn't custom built???

Well, it might have been custom built, but sometimes even the custom items are 'rented'. After production, they are returned to the prop company...

Not saying that happened with the Genesis device (no idea about it), but it could happen with a custom prop.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back