General Hux Costume Research Thread

Hi guys!

So thiw weekend I went out with my Gen Hux costume for the first time, will post some pics today or tomorrow for you to see what I've done.
I need to do little things to make it perfect, but that's overdetailling, and will be done thiw month!

Thx for all your help, stay tuned!

Hey, I don't know if you have seen it, but apparently there are some leaks from the bluray behind the scenes already. So I've just found this picture showing Hux's coat on the back. It has that interesting desing.
hux's back.jpg

Thanks to all the useful refs. on this thread and info I'm near done my Hux uniform! Love the RPF for all it's useful info <3

Ordered one of the above belt buckles and waiting on it as the finishing touch of the main uniform. On to making the Great Coat tonight! Wish me luck, have just under two weeks to finish it for the convention.

12974538_959356710850712_5524131688859320044_n.jpg

Thanks to all the useful refs. on this thread and info I'm near done my Hux uniform! Love the RPF for all it's useful info <3

Ordered one of the above belt buckles and waiting on it as the finishing touch of the main uniform. On to making the Great Coat tonight! Wish me luck, have just under two weeks to finish it for the convention.

View attachment 613703

#SLAY

What cons will this be at~?

Aiming to first wear it for Regina and Calgary Expo's here in Canada at the end of the month (they run back to back, good excuse for a con road trip party)

Hi there!
Need to make a topic on my own to post multiple pics of my Hux costume as promised and some detailling photos to help others, but I need to adjust some things on it before adn to tigh up some moire the belt, really too loosy at the moment...

Anyway, seeing all that pics, couldn't resist to post up one or two pics of me on it, so let's go ^^

Belt buckle was custom made on order, and the patch custom embroidered with a design I draw. I did everything else: jacket, breeches and leather belt. Need to make a pair of leather gloves for next event, the cap, and adjust some details on the jacket now I have more pics from HD screen caps (courtesy of my friend Loan ;) ).
Look at the end of the message to find great and helpful pics!

Enjoy!

DSC_0175_GCC_zpsvzufub1m.jpg

DSC_0181_GCC_zpsyrif7vxx.jpg

This last with my fiance, who I made the Luke ROTJ duel tunic for, keeping it as accurate as I could regarding the feminine template ;)

DSC_0285_GCC_zpsihoqmfpe.jpg

Pic of the back of the jacket, showing it is split.

12900150_10153661888599209_153973113_n_png_zps25bqtlh2.jpg

Front of the jacket. Metal fasteners for pants are used. Personnaly, I used 30 mm Prym fasteners, that are exactly looking like the ones used for FO jackets, but I need to double them: I thought there were 4, need 4 more!

12721943_10153661888689209_1120038161_n_png_zpswwnipslj.jpg

Last edited:
I'm back, I wasn't going to post another photo till it was the 100% finished outfit with full makeup but ....I'm very proud of how this damn coat is turning out so I needed to share :) Still need to hem it and give it a good steam press; but it's nearly done! Surprising amount of hand sewing has gone into it, RIP finger tips.
IMG_1439.JPG

Hey folks, in the never ending search for Hux boots I've finally found a pair i'm giving a shot. They have a dumb buckle on the side that I think i can remove, but they also have that all important wedge heel. I bought the last pair available at the moment, but maybe searching the name will yield more results? I should have them by thursday. I'll update with pics if they are as good as they look on the page.

http://www.amazon.com/Cole-Haan-Air...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I'm back, I wasn't going to post another photo till it was the 100% finished outfit with full makeup but ....I'm very proud of how this damn coat is turning out so I needed to share :) Still need to hem it and give it a good steam press; but it's nearly done! Surprising amount of hand sewing has gone into it, RIP finger tips.
View attachment 616276

I got to see katmurz's costume up close a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo and it's soooooo lovely. She was gracious enough to join us in the 501st photo booth with Kylo and a couple of TFA Troopers to help raise money for Make A Wish. I'd post a picture of it, but I'd rather she be the one to share how fabulous this all turned out. Really, REALLY fantastic work, chickadee!

Hey folks, in the never ending search for Hux boots I've finally found a pair i'm giving a shot. They have a dumb buckle on the side that I think i can remove, but they also have that all important wedge heel. I bought the last pair available at the moment, but maybe searching the name will yield more results? I should have them by thursday. I'll update with pics if they are as good as they look on the page.

http://www.amazon.com/Cole-Haan-Air...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Update! the shoes are amazing! The biggest negative is that the buckle is extremely well attached. Rivets and stitching. So i'm going to paint the silver bits black and not concern myself. My greatcoat covers them anyway.

13225017_10208440834752314_1150205_o.jpg

Hi all! I've just started my first costume info gathering, and this forum has been so helpful! I'm trying to source the right sort of fabric in Australia, which seems to have a dearth of grosgrain outside of the ribbon industry. The hunt for substitutes continue!

My main question is: how much fabric did you guys (and gals) use to make your costumes? Theres a sale on at Lincraft atm and I really wanted to pick up enough fabric for Hux's tunic and pants!

Any suggestions on meterage?

Hi all! I've just started my first costume info gathering, and this forum has been so helpful! I'm trying to source the right sort of fabric in Australia, which seems to have a dearth of grosgrain outside of the ribbon industry. The hunt for substitutes continue!

My main question is: how much fabric did you guys (and gals) use to make your costumes? Theres a sale on at Lincraft atm and I really wanted to pick up enough fabric for Hux's tunic and pants!

Any suggestions on meterage?

Usually I use 4 to 5 meters for pants and jackets. My advice should be to take 5 meters, especially if you've not worked a lot with this kind of fabric, so you have a little of backup.
Have you tried to sort out Ottoman fabric? Better choice than the Grosgrain which is more for ribbons and slings and thus nearly impossible to find as laizes.

I got to see katmurz's costume up close a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo and it's soooooo lovely. She was gracious enough to join us in the 501st photo booth with Kylo and a couple of TFA Troopers to help raise money for Make A Wish. I'd post a picture of it, but I'd rather she be the one to share how fabulous this all turned out. Really, REALLY fantastic work, chickadee!

awww, that's so kind of you; thank you so much <3 I was so flattered that you asked, I know how seriously the 501st takes their costume so it was a real treat to join you all on that great set; and you were all so friendly and welcoming! It's made me look into joining the 501st once the Hux CRL is up (though we sadly lack a much of Garrison in Manitoba really :( )

I didn't get a pic during that, but did get a pic with the Peter's during the Parade the day before!! Here it is :3!! Doing a shoot with this costume this weekend so more photos soon.

I ordered the Imperial brand Hux boot's to replace my current inaccurate ones; will post photos whenever I get them!

For Fabric, I used 6 for my uniform, 9 for my coat (doesn't including lining and such obviously). I'm about 6' and average build to give you a height/weight to fabric need's ref.

Attachments

• post-9276-0-55773400-1462128446.jpeg
    post-9276-0-55773400-1462128446.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 448
  • post-9276-0-55773400-1462128446_thumb.jpeg
    post-9276-0-55773400-1462128446_thumb.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 1,093
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back