General Doctor Whoniverse Discussion

Very enjoyable, great to see how the show (with help from the Daleks) gripped the nation.

The Tardis interior was beautiful, I'd really love the BEEB to return to that simplicity.

I also loved the one section of the wall had the circle pattern printed on material just like the original,.....fantastic detail

J

A few years ago on, I believe, "The Doctor's Wife" when they had to go to an archive of the console room I hoped they were going to do something like that.

The movie was great. And I finally lost it with the cameo. They also did a great job with the casting of Wassim Hussein. They looked exactly the same. Even though he will always be Manmeat to me.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

I might be caught up in the moment, having just finished watching it, but I consider it to be the best episode of any show I have ever seen.

I haven't watched much Doctor Who since the reboot, but this was amazing (I watched lots of Baker/Davison/Baker back in the day). Lots and lots of fun.

The cameo at the end was the best thing ever (well and the other cameo, too). But, who knows. Who nose.

I thought Smith was going to regenerate?

havent watch Doc Who in years, but decided to watch tonight.

i grew up during the Pertwee and Baker years

still the best, but Tennant is cool too

"I don't want to go" was what tipped it over the edge but let's be honest...The whole damn thing is ridiculously emotional. When the dude creates the console room - emotional. First dalek - emotional.

I'm with you Usagi. Me and the wife were puddles afterward.

It's the greatest love letter to Doctor Who ever.

Plus, the cinematography was off the charts good. The acting was beyond reproach. The score was PERFECT.

Grand slam.

Perfectly said!

Out of curoisity - anyone know how accurate it was? And i don't want specifics that might ruin a great scene, but percentage wise. I really want to believe that is completely accurate with Hartnell - makes me look at him in a completely different way now. A year round program 3 years on had to be a grueling schedule even for someone in perfect health.

'Love letter' is the absolute best description of it!

Perfectly said!

Out of curoisity - anyone know how accurate it was? And i don't want specifics that might ruin a great scene, but percentage wise. I really want to believe that is completely accurate with Hartnell - makes me look at him in a completely different way now. A year round program 3 years on had to be a grueling schedule even for someone in perfect health.

'Love letter' is the absolute best description of it!

It's a rose tinted view. Drama always is. But Hartnell started something that ignited a spark in everyone who loves the Series. He deserves a rose tinted view as he really had a passion for what he was doing at the time.

That's the part(s) i wanted to be true - the commitment and desire and that he loved kids loving it.

He was defiinitely one of us..."Which button opens the door?" "Doesn't matter", "Yes, it does" :)

Yes it did. Yes it does. That was Hartnell. He was grumpy and demanded respect even when it wasn't warranted or even deserved, but continuity was one of the things that were part of the profession back then and one aspect that was important to him. No doubt the recognition affected him on a personal level. He thought it was him. He was right to a certain extent. But it was more the Doctor than him. And we all know which lives on. The first is always respected. Sean Connery and Bond. Hartnell and The Doctor. But the fictional character with both is always bigger.

It was emotional, uplifting, fun, and utterly terrific. I love how it tied together the past and the present and even a bit of the future. The music was great, the cameo was great, and the theme of redemption and hope was very well done. Bravo!

I thought it was interesting to see how many and varied the people involved in the creation were. The unseen higher-ups in the BBC who decreed it be historical and educational, the cigar-smoking, ITV alumnus Canadian, The Indian director, the Young, Jewish, female producer, the many weird folks of the radiophonic workshop (weird is a compliment, those guys and gals were off-the-wall brilliant), and an actor who might have seemed past his best, or hard to work with, but had a need for detail (of course the kids would notice which switch he used).

Design by committee rarely works, but this showed what belief, hard-work and "p*ss and vinegar" can do.

That's the part(s) i wanted to be true - the commitment and desire and that he loved kids loving it.

He was defiinitely one of us..."Which button opens the door?" "Doesn't matter", "Yes, it does" :)

Because he knew in the future there would be nerds.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found this on another forum.

index.php

After having seen "An Adventure in Space and Time", I would be totally okay with a future DW story with the 12th Doctor teaming up with the 1st for some mission or other (the writing would have to be REALLY good for it to work) and just use David Bradley to play the First Doctor...after seeing him portray the man behind the First Doctor so well, I'd have no problem leaving the character himself in Bradley's capable hands. He'd be this generation's Richard Hurndall!

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found this on another forum.

http://www.treksinscifi.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7641.0;attach=30113;image

I believe this is the work of an artist on Deviantart called "prof.Umbridge". I think that's the right name.

He/she has made some damn fine posters for the 50th over the last few months. Much better than any of the opfficial Beeb stuff, as evidenced by these two pieces.

edit---

Ah! Umbridge1986. Here's the DA link.

http://umbridge1986.deviantart.com/...mwar-John-Hurt-Poster-395096852?_sid=43f01a69

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back