General Doctor Whoniverse Discussion

I'm new to the doctor. It always intimidated me. Sooooooo many episodes. But I started with the 9th doctor two weeks ago and I'm hooked. Quite simply, he's one of the greatest characters ever. And so was rose. The "goodbye" they had in "doomsday" was gut wrenching. There's just something about the doctor/companion dynamic that is brilliant

Um...yeah...uh...so...

..WHO WAS THE WOMAN IN THE SHOP WHO GAVE CLARA THE DOCTOR'S NUMBEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!?!?!?!

MOFFAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!

So has there been any solid info on when the US/region 1 DVD of "An Adventure in Space and Time" will be released?

I can't even find it on the BBC America site... :confused

I had totally forgotten about that. I'll be really annoyed if it isn't addressed.

It won't be as there isn't anything to address. She wrote the internet help number down incorrectly, or Clara mis-dialed the number implying it was destiny or fate. The shopkeeper didn't know the Doctors number

It won't be as there isn't anything to address. She wrote the internet help number down incorrectly, or Clara mis-dialed the number implying it was destiny or fate. The shopkeeper didn't know the Doctors number

Except that Clara was somehow able to phone the Tardis in another time period. There's got to be more to it than a wrong number.

Except that Clara was somehow able to phone the Tardis in another time period. There's got to be more to it than a wrong number.

Winston Churchill did it at the end of "Beast Below" and some royal figure did it at the end of "Big Bang" the Orient Express in space. There's a precedent for it.

As far as more to it than just a wrong number, in "Pandorica Opens" Churchill tries calling the Doctor and instead reaches River in Stormcage. Off by over 3000 years, but River says the TARDIS can still direct the call where it needs to go or something to that effect.

Fair point on there being a precedent, I'll concede that point.
But, I still think it's not simply Clara dialling wrong, this is the original incarnation before crossing the Doctor's timeline, so she doesn't have any concious/subconscious knowledge of him yet. Given that Moffat has had the "Silence will fall" thing going from the day 11 regenerated (Prisoner zero said it) and we'll only get the conclusion of that in his last episode.. I wouldn't put it past him to work that one simple point into a future story.

Or maybe I'm just getting used to the hundred and twelve continuing threads and repeated references that we've had recently. Maybe it would be nice to have a few of 12's episodes be entirely new, with planets, species and times we haven't seen before?

....Is this real or fan made?......Its great in any case

0stp.png

J

....Is this real or fan made?......Its great in any case

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3928/0stp.png

J

Youtube video descriptions. Wonderful things. All of them

- - - Updated - - -

Had a "hmm....I wonder" moment and was surprised to find this, not sure if it was posted already, apologies if it was.

BBC commissions edgy new series ?Junior-Doctor Who? | NewsBiscuit

You didn't really read that article and think it was legit, right? R...iiiight? :(

I doubt they'll address it. There's really no need to. Though the quickest way to explain it would be a quick cameo from River.

Has this been posted already? (I didn't read the whole thread to check).

It's actually good, nothing like you think it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back