General Doctor Whoniverse Discussion

Oh ok. I only put the lighting thing to avoid starting a flame war, but everybody seems to be in agreement. :)

Has anyone had any theories as to how exactly the Zygons will fit into the story? People seem to be focusing very much on the Daleks for obvious reasons, but I am very very interested to see what part they will play

Yeah he just looks off from his normal self (as the 10th). Seriously they couldn't spike his hair? The only time he looks normal is in the promo shot with all 3 standing in 11s tardis. That's only because of the angle of the shot too. Some shows work really hard to make things look exact when they do past characters. Others do not. I remember when the 2nd doc came back in the mid eighties and had grey hair. It pulls you out of the pseudo reality that this is supposed to be the same person during their original run.

Awesome trailer, but Tennants hair is just wrong, I know it doesn't really matter but it, kind of, does? Glad to hear references to 'The Moment' which we heard mentioned in 'End Of Time' presumably that is the big red button of doom that ends the Time War, when Hurts Doctor approaches the button did anyone else what look like the destroyed remains of Mechanoids, last seen in The Chase fighting the Daleks

I agree he does look a bit off too. I mean you watch him on tv interviews his hair is normally spiked in most of them. Maybe he was on a tight schedule or due to some part they couldn't mess with his hair but it just looks off.

I remember reading something about the filming overlapping with the filming of the series Broadchurch that David was also appearing in, obviously they couldn't just cut his hair, or could they? I mean people do get their hair cut from time to time, right? :)

Has anyone else been looking at what I'm assuming is "The Moment" and working out plans for a replica?? I'm just wondering where I can find a plastic fake jewel that big...

Yep. Colin Baker's particularly venomous coments on the exclusion of past Doctors gives me the impression that it's not just an act to keep it a surprise but that no past Doctors have been invited back AT ALL.

Though other sources (some less than reputable tabloids) have suggested that only Peter and Tom have been invited while the others have been relegated to stock footage/audio.

I guess the biggest tell will be if the forthcoming minisode does indeed feature McGann. If that happens then we can cautiously assume everything else has been a complete lie :)

Ok, that's depressing.

I read an article which described the plot of the 50th special as;

"Tying up a story arc which has taken nearly a decade to play out"

I feel old.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it will be amazing, but I can't help feeling a little... shall we say, cautious about getting my hopes up. It's looking more and more like Hurt is an intermediary Doctor and not the very first, so the numbering gets all screwed up, the shots of what I assume is his Tardis in the trailer look very 'meh' Doc #10's Tardis looks wrong because it was filmed in the exhibition display version, and even 10 himself looks off. Something about the hair isn't quite right, and after studying the thread about how Tennant's own prop was scanned for the TWC version, the sonic in the trailer looks very 'off'.

Still, I did like the 'mine is bigger than yours' moment where 10 and 11 compare sonics, or the cute moment when they realise they're both wearing 'brainy specs'. The "You've redecorated, I don't like it" line is another cute touch, and very in keeping with multi-doc stories. Part of me is hoping that the shots of the Dalek fleet and a ruined Galiferyan capitol mean we'll see the Time War, but that just makes it even stranger that McGann isn't in this. I still have no idea how the Zygons fit in to all this, or why Rose's eyes glow (Bad Wolf, maybe)

I read an interview with Steven Moffet the other day, I can't remember where, and 2 things he said about the 50th show stuck with me.

1) The writers have figured out a way to get around the 12 regeneration thing.
2) He thinks everything should be looking forwards and not backwards. If this is true, then I don't think there is a chance in hell that we will see any of the Doctor's from Classic who.

In that case just forget the 50th altogether! Just wait until 2015 and do a 10th anniversary for "New Who" since you obviously don't care about what has come before!

So what you flash some still images of past Doctors in a 4 second montage?!?! I've been watching the show for the past 35 years and I CARE about what has come before.

If RTD and Moffat spent LESS time on "Awesome, epic, all-encompasing story arcs" and just got back to some stinking traveling with a companion and stumbling into situations where you can help...... Well, that's the Doctor I want to see again!

Half a dozen people have posted ideas on how to make a 50th with ALL current past Doctors (myself included) that would explain their current age and how it fits in, that would have been GREAT ideas for the show. (Mine dealt with the multi-verse theory where other universes exist in which some Doctors had not yet regenerated into their next incarnation, so we could have Tom as an older 4th Doctor, Pete, et. all. and since they exists in a different universe, it works. The universes are collapsing and the very fabric of space is unfolding. The Doctors of all these universes must work together to save it before the collapse, then afterwards, they all go back to their home. Matt turns to head back to his TARDIS, but takes one final look at all of their TARDIS' leaving, turns to Clara and says...."In the words of an old, dear friend, Lovely Chaps, all of them!")

We could have had such a great story, but instead we're getting Time War - Victorian England - Far Future, a Doctor we never knew of, and Two main monsters..... all in 75 minutes!

I'm sorry but this combined with the COMPLETE LACK of a PROPER 8th series is dreadful!

I may change my mind in a couple of weeks, but right now, instead of gleefully anticipating it, I'm more pissed off about what it will NOT be!

I don't see how she could be Hurt's Rose, I see some element of the Bad Wolf story being involved here, with her glowing eyes etc, or could that indicate that she is a Zygon in disguise? Could the Zygons have influenced Hurt's Doctor to end the Time War somehow? Also I am fairly confident the space battle scenes are Time War based, and I'm interested to see what looks like Timelord soldiers wielding guns, all we can do now is see what we get...

Well, I have decided that I am not going to expect epic. Going to the track record...

The Three Doctors was....just another story.

The Five Doctors was.......just another story.

The Two Doctors was........just another story.

So will this one be, I think. Especially since as of now, from not seeing it, it seems to be primarially focused on the New Who Doctors anyway.

In TNOTD I swear that, for a second or two, Clara's face morphs into that of Rose while she's spiraling through the Doctor's timeline.

Can anyone screen-cap those scenes to see whether there's some Bad Wolf shenanegans going on there.

I just checked TNOTD, and I couldn't find any frames where Clara morphed into Rose. There were a few bits when the fire/flame stuff enveloped or sort of reflected onto her hair making it look blonde for a second, but as I said-I could not find any part where that transition was made. A bit disappointing, because I got really excited when I read that.:cry

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back