Gender swapped Captain America TFA 100% done! Slowly adding finished photos!

Minakolabelle

It just dawned on me that I have been a member here for three years now and I have yet to start a progress thread. Oops.

For the opening night of The Avengers, I too have a big old costume group for it, but with one twist, every character is gender swapped. I being the one that started it and is constantly wrangling everyone, was nominated as Capt (and it really amuses my friends that I too, am named Chris). I like everyone else, still like the TFA version over the new one, so here I am, hating myself over how much work it is going to be over the next month.

So far most of my work has been in the hardware since I am casting it all, and that damn shield. I am using Valor's amazing saucer shield method, and I get giddy every time I look at it. Well I did till I realized that I could not leave it as it was, a pretty shield, so I taped off the dings, sanded it back down to the steel, and air brushed the grime around them.

I'm currently waiting on my air brushing so that I can wash off my masking and get back to adding the straps on the back. I hope to have it done tomorrow so I can get back to the million other things I need to do before May 3rd. :)

Last edited:
Re: First build here! Gender swapped Captain America TFA

I also totally just realized I clicked on the wrong forum when I posted this, can a mod move it or delete it for me please?

Makes me wanna make a replacement shield :( I miss my old one. Good luck, can't wait to see more progress!

Excellent job on the hardware, can't wait to see this finished!

Thank you everyone!

Small update for the night, I finished off all the bullet skuffs and started on the strap brackets for the back!

Also with added goofy picture of me and my lady Loki as Tony.

Awesome, looking forward to more pics! I love seeing gender-swapped characters.

Today's update:

I got the straps on the shield, shoulder ammo strap done, as well as all the pouches for the belt. Now the belt plays the waiting game for me to finish casting the hardware.

The shield indeed looks amazing, I love the weathering on it.

Oh man it has been a while! It's been a pretty busy month and a half-two? for me! Unfortunately Steve was not done for the midnight showing of the avengers but I have an awesome reason why!

About a week before the Canadian premier of the avengers, my friends and I were invited to work the red carpet as living decorations, and not only did we get to see it early, we got to meet Cobie and Mark!

tumblr_m3bqes3P2h1r9g8f7o1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3csm5LQvS1qgr9c0o1_500.png

Also my fabric would not take dye, so I had to come up with a last minute replacement on the Tuesday for the Thursday, so I hulled butt and turned Peggy's uniform into on for Stella. (as we are calling her because I hate the name Stephanie) I was made the captain since I started the group, and I could not let every one down :(

It started to thunder and downpour in the last bit of light before we left for the midnight showing, so we only snapped a few quick pics before leaving, so please enjoy, and thank you for everyone's support thus far! Back to work I go!

tumblr_m3ihupLUyt1qj6gf8o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3ihupLUyt1qj6gf8o2_250.jpg

tumblr_m3ihupLUyt1qj6gf8o3_250.jpg

Did you makes those pouches yourself! Are they leather or vinyl?

I made them myself! They are leather, but i went with a much darker leather to match my boots I all ready owned. I made one mod to them and closed the holes on the bottom of the pouches so I can use them to hold my stuff at cons an not have to worry about my lipstick falling out the bottom or something.

Re: First build here! Gender swapped Captain America TFA (Update May 30th!)

Can I just say how much I LOVE your victory rolls? I absolutely adore them, as much as your awesome shield!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back