Gender swapped Captain America TFA 100% done! Slowly adding finished photos!

Re: Gender swapped Captain America TFA (80% done as of August 18th!)

Wow your work is really amazing! The hardware is very impressive! May I ask what the master copies are made out of? Also what material are you using to cast the items if you don't mind me asking :)

And thank you so much for sharing the pattern for the chest pouch! That really helps a lot!

Re: Gender swapped Captain America TFA (80% done as of August 18th!)

Finally back from fan Expo and coherent!

Thank you for your kind words everyone, I hope to get full photos up soon :)

I shouldn't feel this way about Captain America. :eek

You look great. All the hard work shows.

Erskine's formula wasn't 100% finished and this happened. Guess I am stuck this way, I'm kinda getting used to it. The male attention is still kinda weird. But thank you for your kind words.

Amazing! Gender swap is always awesome. You did well with the color of the fabric. I still need to find some...

What was the shaping and casting/molding process you used? Was there mention of you casting more for people to buy? I want to make some of my own but I have no idea how to approach it. :eek:

Thank you!

Wow your work is really amazing! The hardware is very impressive! May I ask what the master copies are made out of? Also what material are you using to cast the items if you don't mind me asking :)

And thank you so much for sharing the pattern for the chest pouch! That really helps a lot!

First I'll get the easy one out of the way, this is the fabric I used for my suit. There is a slight stretch to it, so it makes stretching the fabric over the shoulder pieces easy as pie.

Secondly, please, everyone, if it helps you, use the chest pouch pattern, I uploaded it here for everyone to use, to please give it out to help fellow costumers :)

Third, my masters are made out of sculpty, mostly because I know how to work with it. It'll stay wet until you bake it, and of everything is not perfect when you bake it, it is 100% sandable. It gives you plenty of time to prefect anything on them you might not like 100%. However, anything that needed to be specific sizes like the sliders or the arms that hold the straps on the back star, they were just styrene rods that were cut down and glued to the sculpty. The only thing that has to take a wire support was the loop on the back of the belt hook thing. Most of my sizing was done before we had the images on here of the measured stuff on Chris' suit that I kinda eyeballed based on what I assumed would be the sizes on him, using my brother was reference. Turns out once we got those, mine were all to scale with Chris' suit, sans the belt buckle that I went back and made bigger to match.

As for the molding and casting, I raided TAP plastics for their mold making silicone and quik-cast resin. I bought from them because it was cheeper to buy it, have it shipped to me, and pay customs for it entering Canada, then it was for me to pick up the same types of products at my local Curry's. Also the TAP site has TAP plastics TV, in which they show you exactly how to use all their products.

Very cool, taking American Dream and converting it to movie style. Not exactly sure what gender swapping ya did, but great costume work.

Very cool, taking American Dream and converting it to movie style. Not exactly sure what gender swapping ya did, but great costume work.
Did you read the title of the thread? She gender swapped Captain America from "The First Avenger"(Or TFA) and turned Steve Rogers into a woman. Try and keep up.

This is NOT "American Dream".

DocBarJovi is just stunned by Minakolabelle, she could be an 'American Dream'. ;)

:confused Uh, I mean stunned by her amazing work.

Yoda, "Awkward, this is!"

So many responses.

Don't have to be an American to be a subject of an American Dream.
Logan or not, still need to fear the claws.
Well Johnny Canuck, you've got one too many colors on your suit.
"What are we the 49th state".

And yes, Logan is the best thing out of the X-men franchise. Too bad his last solo movie wasn't that great.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back