Game of Thrones

That leads me to my next point...one of the scenes that stuck out to me most was the one with Sansa and Tyrion. I loved that Sansa called Tyrion out on his bulls**t in believing that Cersei would ever send her army to aid the forces in the North. I can't believe Tyrion, of all people, took her at her word. The writing of his character has really started to suffer and his motivations and actions are beginning to not make any sense at all.

I'm not sure Tyrion thinks she will send his army. Even the way he told Sansa, it sounded like he was trying to talk himself into believing it, even though he knows it is not going to happen. He averted his eyes from here when he told her the bit about Cersei having something to live for now. That is Tryion's only hope that Cersei might do the right thing as he knows how much she loves her family, but he is skeptical himself and possibly he may have even conspired with Cersei and outright knows what she plans but for love of family, Tyrion is hiding this.

After watching the raid on the Lannister wagon train and the execution of the Tarly's you could see Tyrion has some serious reservation about the brutality of Dany

I think when it becomes clear Cersei is not coming (they will most likely find that out from Janmie) Tyrion will be in some serious hot water with Dany and will be seen as betraying Dany by keeping this from her

For what it's worth, I don't think Dany or Jon will wind up on the throne. I think there will be a rift between them, but then in the end, Dany will sacrifice herself to save Jon and Jon will either wind up dying as well, or if he survives, he will basically walk off into the sunset. possibly even rejoining the Night's Watch as there may not be a definitive victory over the White Walkers

Someone like Robert Arryn will wind up sitting on the throne

I feel like Tyrion is not only seeing Dany unravel he’s realizing that Westerosi politics are a lot different that their campaign in Essos. The houses are old and stubborn, the history between them all filled with blood and turmoil. In Essos it was easy to frame Daenerys as this great liberator, but she’s really just a pretender bolstered by the possession of supernatural creatures.

Gendry will be king. It’s going full circle back to the start when Ned was checking up on who the ******* was to Robert. Ned wrote down when his son becomes of rightful age to take to throne. Nothing about Joffrey being the next king as Robert was saying. There was a reason they showed that part.

Dany didn’t need to kill the Tarly’s. They fought for her father before. I believe they would have fought for her or atleast against the walkers.

Also the Book is all done and has been for years. It will be released after season 8 hits the dvd market. Him and HBO had a deal to not release the book until the show was over. It’s all about money. I got $5 on it lol

I think you guys are missing the obvious here.

Dany has said she wants to break the wheel. She's also struggled with not simply becoming another spoke on it, crushing all beneath her until she is crushed in turn. Burning the Tarlys was a good example of her screwing up there. Jon, likewise, says he disdains politics and only cares about defeating the army of the dead, but fails to realize that you have to deal with politics to defeat them, because it's only via politics that you actually keep your force united and focused.

So, Dany needs to learn a measure of humility, and Jon needs to step up and lead for real. The solution is blindingly obvious, and Varys already told the audience what it is: Dany and Jon must be married. This serves political and military needs, not to mention those of both the plot and their respective character arcs. Dany has the strength, Jon has the compassion. Dany has the iron will, Jon has the common touch. If Jon marries Dany, AND they rule as coequal rulers, then (1) the North gets its northern king whom they selected, and (2) Dany still keeps her throne. From that position, they could move towards a Republic, if they chose to, or could at least pass some kind of document like a Magna Carta which applies to all equally.

I do think it's also worth bearing in mind that, whatever the groundwork laid out by the first three seasons/books may have been, the showrunners are mostly just moving everything towards the endgame, and have been fairly sloppy about their execution. In particular, I'm reminded of last year's "tension" between Sansa and Arya, which seemed to come up out of nowhere in a single episode immediately after they'd met and had a lovely reunion, persist briefly into the next episode, and then was revealed to apparently all have been a ruse. It was, I feel comfortable saying, probably the worst bit of writing I've seen on the show. It was so clearly for the audience and was incredibly contrived, not to mention half-baked. The set-up for it was almost nonexistent, the tension felt entirely artificial the whole time, and the payoff, while satisfying (in the sense of watching Littlefinger finally get his) also felt abrupt and poorly handled.

My point in mentioning this is that there's plenty of crap that they could be screwing up right now, which we're busy trying to analyze and figure out (e.g., Dany's Tarly-cue causing tension between her and Sam, Jon and Dany at odds with each other, etc.). They have 6 episodes total to wrap this thing up, and even if they amount to more like 8-9 episodes' worth of content, that's still not a lot of time. I would expect tensions to mount and then dissipate abruptly. Like "Oh no! Jaime and Bran are gonna have it out and then -- wait. Now they're HUGGING?!?! WTF?!"

I love this show. Don't get me wrong. But I just wouldn't hold out hope for there being a ton of intrigue and double-dealing except with respect to Cersei this season.

Finally, Cersei won't be shot by a crossbow. She'll be strangled by Jaime. Possibly by Tyrion, I suppose. Bronn will probably kill one of them, be killed in the process, and then the other will kill Cersei. I really hope that Tyrion isn't the one to die, but I suppose it's possible.

Also, we should expect that Melisandre has one more "1-up" to dispense, although to whom is the real question.

Also the Book is all done and has been for years. It will be released after season 8 hits the dvd market. Him and HBO had a deal to not release the book until the show was over. It’s all about money. I got $5 on it lol

That's pretty optimistic. I have a feeling Martin may not feel as inspired to finish everything now that the ending is finally here. He did say that the major characters fates and major plot points will match the TV show ending (assuming they went with the details he gave them many year ago).

I think he is really stuck in writing. He should have just done the 5 year time jump he first envisioned instead of writing all that filler to pass the time. I think that is why the TV show has kind of jumped around so much. There are so many characters and plots that need to converge and doing so is no small task. That's why at times it feels like characters are just teleporting all over the place

I think you guys are missing the obvious here.
I do think it's also worth bearing in mind that, whatever the groundwork laid out by the first three seasons/books may have been, the showrunners are mostly just moving everything towards the endgame, and have been fairly sloppy about their execution. In particular, I'm reminded of last year's "tension" between Sansa and Arya, which seemed to come up out of nowhere in a single episode immediately after they'd met and had a lovely reunion, persist briefly into the next episode, and then was revealed to apparently all have been a ruse. It was, I feel comfortable saying, probably the worst bit of writing I've seen on the show. It was so clearly for the audience and was incredibly contrived, not to mention half-baked. The set-up for it was almost nonexistent, the tension felt entirely artificial the whole time, and the payoff, while satisfying (in the sense of watching Littlefinger finally get his) also felt abrupt and poorly handled.

There was a deleted scene with Sansa and Bran that was supposed to take place after Sansa discovered the faces Arya had, where Sansa runs to Brans room after leaving Aray in that scene and knocks on his door learns saying she needs to talk to him. She then learns the truth about Little Finger.

It seems they (wrongly) deleted that scene so they could play up that tension and keep the "gotcha" reveal to Little Finger

Finally, Cersei won't be shot by a crossbow. She'll be strangled by Jaime. Possibly by Tyrion, I suppose. Bronn will probably kill one of them, be killed in the process, and then the other will kill Cersei. I really hope that Tyrion isn't the one to die, but I suppose it's possible.

There is an interesting theory that like many prophecies, the vagueness of it might have led to a misinterpretation.

Cersei believes the Volanqar ("little brother" in High Valaryian) to be Tyrion. There of course is the theory it is Jamie since he is technically the younger twin. But could it possibly be a reference to another younger brother, not necessarily her own?

The theory being that it is Euron, Balon's "little brother" who could be the Volanqar prophesied. I am pretty sure he would strangle Cersei in the blink of an eye if it benefited him

I'm hoping when the series is done and they release the big box set on blu ray, that they include all these deleted scenes.

I read that none of the cast correctly guessed the ending of GOT.
Now that we have the first episode of fan service out of the way........I expect all heck to break loose, and fast. Like perhaps even in the first minute of the next episode.

George wrote the books with a lot if reference to British history (even the Red Wedding), so I wouldn't be surprised if the ending mirrors something like the Interregnum of Oliver Cromwell. Personally I don't think it will go that far, but I can see a parliament of sorts forming in Westeros.

These are my own predictions about events:

- Tyrion dies after Bronn kills him, leading Jaime to finally snap about Cersei, and he fulfils Maggy the Frog's prediction, by strangling her.

- The Hound survives and takes on The Mountain at last, and wins. However Arya kills him first and is revealed to have been using his face against The Mountain.

- The Golden Company betrays Cersei. They were formed by a Targaryen's legitimised ******* son, and based on what happens in the last book, I believe they would not fight against a Targaryen (be that Jon/Dany/both of them).

- The Night King is defeated and killed, with Bran taking over control of Rhaegal and turning on the army of the dead. The Wall then completely collapses, as the magic keeping it up fades away.

- There will be someone on the Iron Throne, but they will be a more constitutional monarch that reigns instead of rules.

George wrote the books with a lot if reference to British history (even the Red Wedding), so I wouldn't be surprised if the ending mirrors something like the Interregnum of Oliver Cromwell. Personally I don't think it will go that far, but I can see a parliament of sorts forming in Westeros.

These are my own predictions about events:

- Tyrion dies after Bronn kills him, leading Jaime to finally snap about Cersei, and he fulfils Maggy the Frog's prediction, by strangling her.

- The Hound survives and takes on The Mountain at last, and wins. However Arya kills him first and is revealed to have been using his face against The Mountain.

- The Golden Company betrays Cersei. They were formed by a Targaryen's legitimised ******* son, and based on what happens in the last book, I believe they would not fight against a Targaryen (be that Jon/Dany/both of them).

- The Night King is defeated and killed, with Bran taking over control of Rhaegal and turning on the army of the dead. The Wall then completely collapses, as the magic keeping it up fades away.

- There will be someone on the Iron Throne, but they will be a more constitutional monarch that reigns instead of rules.

I had a similar thought about the monarchy being dissolved. I'm, not sure the seven kingdoms can remain as is under one ruler. There has also been the destruction of so many "heirs" of just about every major house

As far as the Golden Company, it does seem likely they will turn on Cersei, although if they do so, it may be for Jon Snow (Aegon Targareyn) not Dany? Althoguh then again, I am not too familiar with which Targareyn side they were on in the BlackFyre rebellion

Of course Dany has grown a lot, but at one point when Viserys was alive, he went to the Golden Company to try to have them rally behind him and they basically laughed at him and snubbed him. Of course that might have had something to do with having "Young Griff" waiting in the wings which so far the TV show does not have

I had a similar thought about the monarchy being dissolved. I'm, not sure the seven kingdoms can remain as is under one ruler. There has also been the destruction of so many "heirs" of just about every major house

As far as the Golden Company, it does seem likely they will turn on Cersei, although if they do so, it may be for Jon Snow (Aegon Targareyn) not Dany? Althoguh then again, I am not too familiar with which Targareyn side they were on in the BlackFyre rebellion

Of course Dany has grown a lot, but at one point when Viserys was alive, he went to the Golden Company to try to have them rally behind him and they basically laughed at him and snubbed him. Of course that might have had something to do with having "Young Griff" waiting in the wings which so far the TV show does not have

Perhaps they thought Viserys unworthy? I'm just guessing though.

The Golden Company in the books definitely have a reason to not want to fight for Viserys\Daenerys - Young Griff aka Aegon Targaryen who is likely a Blackfyre. The show doesn't have this character, so I think its likely that they'll switch sides.

As for all this talk of Jon being king or he and Daenerys co-ruling, I just dont see it happening. Jon doesn't even want to be King in the North, much less king of all Westeros. Plus, as one of the truly honorable characters left on the show, he's pretty much doomed. I feel like Daenerys is destined to "break the wheel" as she intends, but she'll never serve as any kind of ruler. She is nowhere near as insane as her father or some of her other ancestors, but she's definitely as ruthless. Thats going to cost her in the end.

The Golden Company in the books definitely have a reason to not want to fight for Viserys\Daenerys - Young Griff aka Aegon Targaryen who is likely a Blackfyre. The show doesn't have this character, so I think its likely that they'll switch sides.

As for all this talk of Jon being king or he and Daenerys co-ruling, I just dont see it happening. Jon doesn't even want to be King in the North, much less king of all Westeros. Plus, as one of the truly honorable characters left on the show, he's pretty much doomed. I feel like Daenerys is destined to "break the wheel" as she intends, but she'll never serve as any kind of ruler. She is nowhere near as insane as her father or some of her other ancestors, but she's definitely as ruthless. Thats going to cost her in the end.

yeah, I don't see Jon accepting the throne if he lives and I don't see Dany keeping the throne if she lives (or at least not keeping the seven kingdoms intact)

I also have a feeling that the Golden Company and Cersei's jokes about elephants at this point is essentially fan service for the book readers. It's a way to include them, but they don't really change anything and any Blackfyre stuff is essentially tossed out the window.
i.e. they could just represent pretty much any other army

It's seems pretty clear unless they pull some last minute reveal (which they don't seem to have time to do) that the Young Griff subplot, much like the Quentyn Martell subplot and the Lady StoneHeart one in the end do not matter for the overall ending.

Unless of course "Young Griff" winds up sitting on the throne

Going back to that Spotify playlist that the show runners posted, I think the answer to who sits on the Throne at the end is possibly answered by this song... (spoiler tags just in case)
"No One Knows" (Queens of the Stone Age)

i.e. who wins the Iron Throne may not matter if there is nothing left of King's Landing and for that matter, the Iron Throne may be a Macguffin.

As Jon Snow constantly reminds us, the real war is not about the throne
[\spoiler]

Last edited:
I think Jon would accept the crown of the Seven Kingdoms if he survives and can. Only because I believe he would do it for the realm rather than personal desire.

My point in mentioning this is that there's plenty of crap that they could be screwing up right now, which we're busy trying to analyze and figure out (e.g., Dany's Tarly-cue causing tension between her and Sam, Jon and Dany at odds with each other, etc.). They have 6 episodes total to wrap this thing up, and even if they amount to more like 8-9 episodes' worth of content, that's still not a lot of time. I would expect tensions to mount and then dissipate abruptly. Like "Oh no! Jaime and Bran are gonna have it out and then -- wait. Now they're HUGGING?!?! WTF?!"

I love this show. Don't get me wrong. But I just wouldn't hold out hope for there being a ton of intrigue and double-dealing except with respect to Cersei this season.

That's always been the problem with the show, their pacing is all over the place. Previous seasons it tended to be too plodding with lot and lots of filler and everything happening in the season finale. The comes season 7 where they go to the other end of the spectrum and things are happening left and right with no build up what so ever. We have characters making days long journeys in hours (at most) and plot points coming out of nowhere. I hope that they're able to find a solid middle ground for the pacing of this last season.

I think the pacing of the first episodes was necessary to establish the huge character list and introduce the various lands for those of us who hadn't read any of the books. Season 7 was a "We better get going because Winter is coming, and we only have this episode and the next one to wrap it all up". Now season 8 will be just a denouement of each character's journey. I sure hope it will be worth the wait!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back