Game of Thrones

CACnyRg.png

Excellently done episode. I think it was so much better and much more intense than in the book in many ways.

I like that they changed it to being the war of the five kings and how they panned around to see the reactions of those watching.

Sansa watching as they mock Robb getting his head knocked off was pretty chilling.

And kudos to the actor playing Joffery. He really made you intensly hate that character

I did not like the scene with Tyrion and Shae. It lets her off too easy, in my opinion, but we'll see how the rest plays out.

On the other hand, there were some really amazing moments during this episode. I love the Jamie/Bronn team up. The wedding was rather different from the book, but overall in very good ways.

Interesting though. Does this mean no Penny/Pretty Pig later considering that change in performance?

Oh, I hope so. Can't stand Penny in the books. Though I suppose they could still have her in the show. Her brother could still have been one of the performers.

What an episode! Ill have to try and find someone else to hate now. Thats the thing. I wanted it to happen. But I loved hating him. Weird.
I take it Tyrion saw Sanser do it? Or is it supposed to be a mystery?
J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

FINALLY.

Dude had it coming, and I LOVE how they pulled this off for the show. For people who knew what to look for, there was just enough that you could see it happen. For people who didn't, you'd never see it coming at all.

What an episode! Ill have to try and find someone else to hate now. Thats the thing. I wanted it to happen. But I loved hating him. Weird.
I take it Tyrion saw Sanser do it? Or is it supposed to be a mystery?
J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

We don't know for sure yet

I think Martin wrote in enough clues last combined with a scene from last episode that an astute observer could trace back who might be responsible. In fact I think even for the book readers it might have given a better clue since its never really been answered in the books yet either. Only implied. But I think that implication might be a bit misleading also

speculation...
Dontos gave Sansa the necklace(hair net in the boook). The queen of thorns was handling it, and most people assume it was her acting alone and took the poison bead in the hair net. However,I think Petyr was the was the real mastermind since he put Ser Dontos up to getting Sansa out of kings landing. I Don't remember him giving Sansa the hair net in the book. But in the show he gives it to her. So, it was probably a plot devised by Petyr and he got Dontos to get Sansa the necklace, Lady Ollenna to deliver the poison, possibly even to Margery who then put in in the cup all the while framing Tyrion. Petyr was after all the one responsible for providing the offending entertainment

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't it be funny if Tywin had done it?

Regardless of who did it. Tywin is probably secretly happy. I'm sure Joffery was a loose cannon and the weakest link in the chain for him and Tywin no longer has to worry about Joffery screwing up things

In the book, it was a poison bead in a hairnet Ser Dontos gave Sansa. Here it was a necklace. Lzdy Olenna removed the poison from the necklace while fiddling with Sansa's clothes and hair, and slipped it into Joffrey's cup. I even think the scene last episode where she "dismisses" a necklace on display, throwing it into a bush, was to get it to Ser Dontos without them being seen together. Littlefinger and Olenna are the heads of it, him dealing with Dontos and Sansa's escape (as seen already last season iirc) and Olenna getting the poison to Joff.

The name's Joff, it rhymes with cough...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So where does this leave the line of succession?

Don't forget, Joff has a brother. I believe he was the one sitting next to Tyrion in lasts nights episode, although up to this point they have given him practically no face time in the show.

Of course everyone knows the real rulers behinds the crown up to this point have been Tywin and Cersei by manipulating Joffery.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back