Game of Thrones

(possible spoiler content I guess? if you havent been watching the shows)

the second to last episode should have been the season ending... (it was much more intense and action packed)

I dont think the cliffhangers/questions they left (started?) in the finale` were strong.

the Khaleesi segment.....well I could have done without it :( (it could have been better/stronger, or at least not so drawn out.. going nowhere, ending with body surfing) :)

questions...questions!? lol..

Joffrey has to be a goner eh? (Gramps aint gonna have that back talk, you think? not after that talk he had with Tyrion about for the betterment of the 'family'...yadda yadda)

I found myself thinking how the Starks went from (IMO) a MAIN storyline ovr the last 3 season to me being very un-sure on how they're going to fit in, in the future/ending of the show?

Long waits is what kills the fan-base IMHO...

Anyone have a guess on whats gonna happen with Arya?

Long wait kills the fanbase? Didn't happen for Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I bet Louie will pick off where he left off. Is the wait longer than a normal TV show? I don't think so...

I think it's generally been the pattern with GoT that the penultimate episode is more action packed, and the last episode plants the seeds. Leaving the red wedding as the cliffhanger would have been way more aggravating though.

Red Wedding would've probably been worst cliff-hanger ending ever...So good thing they had the aftermath lined up. I hope Arya picks up some real assassin skills. That was some sloppy throat cutting.:facepalm

As far as Jofferey is concerned, what can Tywin do? His whole reason for being is to carry on the Lannister name. He said so himself. Tyrion was a monster in his eyes and he let him live, no reason Jofferey should be any different.

As far as Jofferey is concerned, what can Tywin do? His whole reason for being is to carry on the Lannister name. He said so himself. Tyrion was a monster in his eyes and he let him live, no reason Jofferey should be any different.

Joffrey isn't a Lannister though. I think Tywin is in denial that he is Cersei and Jamie's kid, but ignoring that, Joffrey is a Baratheon.

Joffrey isn't a Lannister though. I think Tywin is in denial that he is Cersei and Jamie's kid, but ignoring that, Joffrey is a Baratheon.

I agree. I think they are willing to put up with some of the things he's doing, but if he goes full Nero on them, they will kill him.I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see Tyrion taking over the family. I loved Tyrion's comment to Joffrey
Killed a few puppies today?
:lol

I suspect that Tywin would be willing to prune the family tree if Joffrey was on the verge of dragging the Lannisters down to ruin. It'd have to be a pretty sure thing, though.

I was glad to see Samwell handing out dragonglass daggers. Makes his leaving the one behind a lot more forgivable. And it was great seeing Maester Aemon again. A cool character, and a good actor.

I'm uncertain how things are going to go with Brienne and Sansa, as certain timelines in the show differ from those in the book.

Edited to add: I loved the scene with Arya and the Hound. Good stuff.

Last edited:
If you want to discuss the happenings from the books, there should be a seperate thread on Game of Thrones Novels. That way, fans of the show that haven't read the books, can tell each other all they want about what happens in the novels. Odds are you'll have to break THAT thread up into seperate threads for each novel, because not everyone is caught up on the books, either.

Some people love to blurt out what they know, just to show how "ahead of the 'Game'" they are. It's just the way people are.
Mike

I havent read any of the books..

just 'conversation/speculation'..... (mixed with a little good ol' fashioned opinion) :)

If you want to discuss the happenings from the books, there should be a seperate thread on Game of Thrones Novels. That way, fans of the show that haven't read the books, can tell each other all they want about what happens in the novels. Odds are you'll have to break THAT thread up into seperate threads for each novel, because not everyone is caught up on the books, either.

Some people love to blurt out what they know, just to show how "ahead of the 'Game'" they are. It's just the way people are.
Mike

:rolleyes

Or you could understand that going into a thread like this is very much a "caveat lector" moment.

I haven't watched all the episodes of Doctor Who this season, but I'm not going into either of the Doctor Who threads yet. Why? Right. Because I don't want to get spoiled on the last two episodes.

The books have been out for years. Occasionally a spoiler will sneak through in discussion here. For the most part people try to be respectful of those who haven't yet read this or that, but it's not up to us to protect your experience of the show. I haven't read books 4 and 5 and you know what? I know that when I come in here there's a CHANCE that someone will be like "Oh, well, that scene with Bran in book 4 pretty much shows he's willing to murder if necessary. Poor Hodor..." and there's another plot point spoiled for me. But I accept that risk when I come in here.

Nobody's trying to show off. They're just talking with other fans of the books and show. If they were trying to show off, the Red Wedding would've been spoiled for you, too.

P.S. Boromir and Gollum die.

P.P.S. Secret of The Crying Game: SHE'S A DUDE.

My "some people" comment wasn't directed at you, Dan. No reason to get butt hurt and come after me over a suggestion.
I'm not mad or upset over this thread. I've read it and wasn't upset about any spoilers that may or may not have been posted.
I just made a suggestion and an observation.
Relax.
Mike

My "some people" comment wasn't directed at you, Dan. No reason to get butt hurt and come after me over a suggestion.
I'm not mad or upset over this thread. I've read it and wasn't upset about any spoilers that may or may not have been posted.
I just made a suggestion and an observation.
Relax.
Mike

I'm perfectly relaxed. Although I'll confess I wrote that while waiting for coffee to finish coursing through my veins. :) I'm just saying that it's a little silly to blame others for spoiling books that have been in print for over a decade, even if the show itself is new. It's up to each of us to protect ourselves as best we can, if we want to avoid spoilers. Sorry if I came across as more harsh than intended.

Game of Thrones funny.jpg

As for spoilers, I remember people bitching about spoilers for Romeo & Juliet. Apparently 400 years is still not long enough for some people.

I loved Tyrion's comment to Joffrey
Killed a few puppies today?
:lol

Yeah, that was pretty good.
In the books Joffrey was using rabbit as targets with his crossbow, and at one point when he was younger he learned a cat was pregnant and killed it, then sliced it open to see the babies. Robert was so shocked/angry he hit him and knocked out two of his baby teeth. So yeah, he was pretty much a serial killer in the making

What blows me away is how everyone looks at Joffrey, KNOWS he's absolutely out of his mind, and......does nothing about it. I mean, think about what he'll be like as a king ruling without a council, or with a puppet council rather than the strong one he has now. He really would be the return of Mad King Aerys. You have to wonder if, even though Tywin thinks of the family above all, he wouldn't look at Joffrey and say "You're a liability" and have him killed.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back