Galaxys Edge

A little off topic but...Do you think closing of the parks will make Disney consider selling the exclusives like sabers and jedi costumes online to make up for lost sales? Or will it push them to make more exclusive items to draw people into the parks?

Usually anything like that is because it is an item they no longer plan to carry and want to clear them out.

You have to figure that during this time they have not been placing orders to manufactures so they need to make sure they have a good stock to sell and restock until they get supply lines flowing again. I would be more concerned about what merchandise will be available the weeks after reopening. Will they have enough prep time to be able to restock after the first wave of guests hit?

With a lot of people out of work and strapped for cash, do you think there will be a large reopening? Or will it be a slow and steady wave of people increasing until next summer?

I feel like they need to step up the in park product game to really make it hard to pass on for a die hard sw fans. By that I mean if your going to sell jedi tunics and belts, sell some belt pouch replicas and boots. If your going to sell some sabers sell a few chopped off hands. If your going to sell droids, sell some ewok slaves.

They have been selling some other parks exclusive stuff online lately, but I haven't seen any of the GE stuff and I don't know if that's something they would bother putting up on the site since it sells out so fast in the parks already, and would probably sell out in seconds on the site.

AR is so 2015, Disney needs to quit messing around and get some West World AI going and turn those animatronics into some live targets. They also should just make a twi'lek strip club, I'm sure plenty of brave souls would risk covid for that.

Since the hotel was discussed in this thread, I thought I would post this updated story of what might be an attraction at the hotel.

Hmm, interesting. The patent image is that of the Lenovo Jedi Challenges AR set. I got one when they were around $30-40 on clearance at Walmart. I wonder if that means that they plan to use the same technology as the Lenovo set or if they're just using an existing patent image? Or maybe they're just finally getting to the patent now?

Hmm, interesting. The patent image is that of the Lenovo Jedi Challenges AR set. I got one when they were around $30-40 on clearance at Walmart. I wonder if that means that they plan to use the same technology as the Lenovo set or if they're just using an existing patent image? Or maybe they're just finally getting to the patent now?

as stated...
The patent, granted May 19th, is for the calibration of a magnetometer within a device used as part of an augmented or virtual reality game. The system would use a plurality of measurements in gameplay to help determine a magnetic field and calibrate the device, while offsetting the magnetic bias in the magnetometer. In more simple terms, with this new system, people using an augmented reality device may not have to undergo an intense calibration before gameplay, like completing a motion before the game actually begins, as the calibration may be incorporated within the gameplay itself.

I work at Target.
I'll keep an eye out, not that my store gets much of anything.
I have yet to see any Target store get in much of anything. It's as bad as Walmart. Every Target and Walmart I go to the toy aisles are pretty much empty, especially Star Wars when there's either just a couple old figures or there's absolutely nothing at all and just a big empty shelf. Talk about depressing. :(

I consider myself lucky that I managed to find some of the LEGO Hidden Side sets that I wanted. (I'm a sucker for the paranormal. And paranormal + LEGO = instant buy.)

But considering LEGO is releasing the Galaxy's Edge transport set it wouldn't surprise me to see some Galaxy's Edge stuff hitting stores. Some day... After, y'know, stores decide to start restocking their bare toy shelves...

I wonder if all Targets are going to get the Galaxy's Edge Merch or is it only going to be those Targets that already have the little Disney Store/Section in them?

I am not sure people are really understanding the "Galaxy Edge" Merchandise/ Target Deal. I get the feeling people are thinking that the park exclusive items are going to start showing up at Target, but that is not really what this is. This is merchandise that will be branded/packaged and marketed as GE. For the most part, very little of these items is stuff you would find in GE. Most these are things that I believe are going to be variants of stuff that Hasbro will be mass market offers or mass market past offers. Hondo is really the only completely new 6" figure that you could get in the park prior. The other 6" figures are just repaints of existing figures. It is nice to see these offered out of GE and especially alone rather than part of a 3 pack because usually the other figures they are packed with, a collector either already has or did not want in the first place. The smaller build a droids figures were offered in the park before GE even opened, usually in Star Tours and the toy store at Disney Springs.

The only thing that is unusual is the Plush. These look to be completely new. Based on the price point these are going be small plush and not anything close to what they sell exclusively i the park.

...should be teeming with characters we're familiar with like Darth Vader, C-3PO, Chewbacca, Luke, Han, Leia, Boba Fett etc.

I just can't stand seeing all this sequel stuff...it's total trash.

Batuu was teeming with characters every time I've visited, but not Luke, Han, and Leia. There are stormtroopers and Rey and Chewy. Darth Vader does make an appearance but last time I checked his standard meet-and-greet location was Tomorrowland.

So you've circled your waggons around the OT and everything non-OT is total trash. Therefore Galaxy's Edge would be total trash unless it was based around the OT. Fine, there are many fans who aren't crazy about the sequels. I'm one of them actually, an original 1977 fan (I was 20) and none of the sequels have really captured the magic for me.

But I don't hold that against Galaxy's Edge. GE isn't about the OT and I don't expect things to be what they're not.

When I judge GE on its own terms it's amazing. The land itself is more immersive than any of the old lands, I think. The "sets" there have little animated touches here and there, so many cool little details everywhere you look. Imagine if New Orleans Square or Main Street had that level of detail, I'm not talking static buildings but things that feel like living movie sets.

My one aesthetic quibble is that they painted the Falcon and the surrounding mountains nearly the same colour, so that everything looks to be moulded out of the same stuff. A shade lighter on the Falcon, a shade darker on the mountains, so visually you know that the Falcon is a separate thing which is temporarily sitting in that environment, and not part of the mountains.

Actually as a Disneyland employee many of us were dumbfounded when we found out that GE was going to be crammed in a sliver of backlot between the back of Frontierland and West Street. "Property's Edge" we called it.

If you take a look at a map of Disneyland you'll see what we saw, that there would be more room for the future Star Wars land if they bulldozed Tomorrowland from just past Star Tours all the way back to Small World. Lose the submarines? Sure, they've been shut down for years and nobody cared. Lose Buzz Lightyear? That ride doesn't theme in anyway, it belongs at DCA with Pixar Pier.

A longtime dream of Disney has been to open more "gates" in Anaheim. They finally opened a 2nd gate with DCA. There's been talk of opening a water park for ages.

Many of us assumed that Star Wars Land would be a standalone park, a 3rd gate, across Harbor Blvd in the former strawberry field, where the proposed water park was supposed to be. Then there would be room for everything they could ever want to do, original trilogy stuff and Mandalorian stuff and Rey stuff.

But no, they squeezed it in where there's no room for future expansion.

I have yet to see any Target store get in much of anything. It's as bad as Walmart. Every Target and Walmart I go to the toy aisles are pretty much empty, especially Star Wars when there's either just a couple old figures or there's absolutely nothing at all and just a big empty shelf. Talk about depressing. :(

Yeah, that's how my Target is. They've had the same 6 Yavin Lukes and handful of Jannahs for MONTHS and basically nothing new aside from they just got the probe droids but nothing else. My Walmarts are even worse they literally have nothing.

My store gets some stuff but the collectors will grab them as soon as the hit the shelf.
A few months back 2 guy's waited in the isle for 2 hours before the new line was put out.

Yeah, that's how my Target is. They've had the same 6 Yavin Lukes and handful of Jannahs for MONTHS and basically nothing new aside from they just got the probe droids but nothing else. My Walmarts are even worse they literally have nothing.
Ditto. The Target near my house at the 6" probe droid but that was the only new Star Wars thing they had, other than that they had around three of the cheapy tiny lightsabers and the 6" Solo movie figure that's been on clearance for ages (I can't remember the character's name). Not even any Star Wars Hot Wheels character cars... People have been finding the new character cars but I have yet to see a single one.

And the Walmart stores I've been to are the same. The shelves where Star Wars stuff should be are completely empty, they just have tags there but not actual items. There has been nothing at Walmart for months, even before The Rise of Skywalker. I sure would like to know what the heck is going on with Star Wars merchandise, it's been like this for a few years now with only little drops of merchandise here and there...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back