Galaxys Edge

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
A little off topic but...Do you think closing of the parks will make Disney consider selling the exclusives like sabers and jedi costumes online to make up for lost sales? Or will it push them to make more exclusive items to draw people into the parks?
Usually anything like that is because it is an item they no longer plan to carry and want to clear them out.

You have to figure that during this time they have not been placing orders to manufactures so they need to make sure they have a good stock to sell and restock until they get supply lines flowing again. I would be more concerned about what merchandise will be available the weeks after reopening. Will they have enough prep time to be able to restock after the first wave of guests hit?

janglesworthy

With a lot of people out of work and strapped for cash, do you think there will be a large reopening? Or will it be a slow and steady wave of people increasing until next summer?

I feel like they need to step up the in park product game to really make it hard to pass on for a die hard sw fans. By that I mean if your going to sell jedi tunics and belts, sell some belt pouch replicas and boots. If your going to sell some sabers sell a few chopped off hands. If your going to sell droids, sell some ewok slaves.

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
They have been selling some other parks exclusive stuff online lately, but I haven't seen any of the GE stuff and I don't know if that's something they would bother putting up on the site since it sells out so fast in the parks already, and would probably sell out in seconds on the site.

janglesworthy

AR is so 2015, Disney needs to quit messing around and get some West World AI going and turn those animatronics into some live targets. They also should just make a twi'lek strip club, I'm sure plenty of brave souls would risk covid for that.

Blue Leader

Sr Member
Since the hotel was discussed in this thread, I thought I would post this updated story of what might be an attraction at the hotel.

Hmm, interesting. The patent image is that of the Lenovo Jedi Challenges AR set. I got one when they were around $30-40 on clearance at Walmart. I wonder if that means that they plan to use the same technology as the Lenovo set or if they're just using an existing patent image? Or maybe they're just finally getting to the patent now?

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Hmm, interesting. The patent image is that of the Lenovo Jedi Challenges AR set. I got one when they were around $30-40 on clearance at Walmart. I wonder if that means that they plan to use the same technology as the Lenovo set or if they're just using an existing patent image? Or maybe they're just finally getting to the patent now?
as stated...
The patent, granted May 19th, is for the calibration of a magnetometer within a device used as part of an augmented or virtual reality game. The system would use a plurality of measurements in gameplay to help determine a magnetic field and calibrate the device, while offsetting the magnetic bias in the magnetometer. In more simple terms, with this new system, people using an augmented reality device may not have to undergo an intense calibration before gameplay, like completing a motion before the game actually begins, as the calibration may be incorporated within the gameplay itself.