Galaxys Edge

So is any one here seriously considering booking the star cruiser hotel thing? I was thinking about until i heard the cost for a family of 5.... I dont see how that will be feasible for most people. It sounds really cool but just outrageously expensive.

227B4BCA-1690-416C-A0F4-9C950AA00D0D.jpeg

So is any one here seriously considering booking the star cruiser hotel thing? I was thinking about until i heard the cost for a family of 5.... I dont see how that will be feasible for most people. It sounds really cool but just outrageously expensive.

Well there's been no official pricing announced, but I 100% plan on doing it once it opens. The rumored price is expensive but considering everything it entails, I don't think it's THAT bad.

Well there's been no official pricing announced, but I 100% plan on doing it once it opens. The rumored price is expensive but considering everything it entails, I don't think it's THAT bad.
The last i heard was 2day 2 night at $3K/person ... seems a bit much for an average goer... now the prices may change but after this covid-19 hit, i doubt it'll be cheaper.

No doubt it sounds incredibly cool from what i've read... but this cruiser has changed a few times first only accommodating family of 4, then 5... you initially would supply your sizes and you get a fitted "star warsy" costume... but that seems to have disappeared... it does seem to still include food and activity all inclusive... and an excursion to Batuu, and a story for adults and kids, each learning skills to win the day... it sounds amazing... just seems way out of a price range for a typical family, when for the same money a family could have a lavish 7day/6night stay at the park...

Id still like to hear anybodies experience with it... it sounds amazing.

The last i heard was 2day 2 night at $3K/person ... seems a bit much for an average goer... now the prices may change but after this covid-19 hit, i doubt it'll be cheaper.

No doubt it sounds incredibly cool from what i've read... but this cruiser has changed a few times first only accommodating family of 4, then 5... you initially would supply your sizes and you get a fitted "star warsy" costume... but that seems to have disappeared... it does seem to still include food and activity all inclusive... and an excursion to Batuu, and a story for adults and kids, each learning skills to win the day... it sounds amazing... just seems way out of a price range for a typical family, when for the same money a family could have a lavish 7day/6night stay at the park...

Id still like to hear anybodies experience with it... it sounds amazing.

Well, it wasn't $3k per person, they're kind of pricing it like a cruise. A lot of articles were worded poorly to give that impression. The pricing that leaked said it would be a $3k base price for a room that sleeps 5. If you had 1 person, it works out to $1000/day, but if you had 5 people, it would be $7200 for the experience, which works out to $480/day per person. So, yes, very expensive, but considering all of the stuff you get with it, as a once in a lifetime splurge I'd 100% do it. It also has a very limited capacity and honestly it isn't FOR just everybody. It's for somebody who WANTS a very specific experience and has the money to do it. I totally get that it's not really worth it when you could stay at the parks way longer for the same amount of money, but for me at least, I go enough that if one year I only did this it wouldn't really bother me.

Well, it wasn't $3k per person, they're kind of pricing it like a cruise. A lot of articles were worded poorly to give that impression. The pricing that leaked said it would be a $3k base price for a room that sleeps 5. If you had 1 person, it works out to $1000/day, but if you had 5 people, it would be $7200 for the experience, which works out to $480/day per person. So, yes, very expensive, but considering all of the stuff you get with it, as a once in a lifetime splurge I'd 100% do it. It also has a very limited capacity and honestly it isn't FOR just everybody. It's for somebody who WANTS a very specific experience and has the money to do it. I totally get that it's not really worth it when you could stay at the parks way longer for the same amount of money, but for me at least, I go enough that if one year I only did this it wouldn't really bother me.

Well $480/day per person is much better, how did you arrive at that figure? All sources I have seen say $3K/person... double what you're stating, i must be reading it wrong.

Im not trying to nitpick but 1500/person is much better, still expensive but much better than 3000/person.

Its awesome you're likely to book it. Let us know more as you get more info....

When you consider that the Deluxe resorts have rooms that are $600... $1000... $2000... even $3000 a night. I am not surprised if the cost is high. After all, I think they are only talking about 50 rooms available in this hotel.

I have to wonder if the prices include Studio Park access. After all, you are not going to charge the guests for this great experience and not let them go to Batuu.

I also have to wonder if guests have automatic passes to the Falcon and Resistance rides. Once again, you are going try give this guests these great experiences and they don't get to ride the two rides?

I also have to wonder if guests will have a nice private stash of park products to buy at the resort.

I would have to think the idea behind the hotel experience is designed to keep the guest engaged within the hotel during most of their stay. Such as there are so many other things to see and do, you don't want to go outside of the hotel with the exception of Galaxy's Edge.

I might imagine that if a family were going to spend a week At Disney and the Star Wars hotel was part of their plans. They would spend two days at the hotel, do the hotel and Galaxy's Edge activities, then head to another resort to do the other Disney activities (parks, shopping, etc...)

When you consider that the Deluxe resorts have rooms that are $600... $1000... $2000... even $3000 a night. I am not surprised if the cost is high. After all, I think they are only talking about 50 rooms available in this hotel.

I have to wonder if the prices include Studio Park access. After all, you are not going to charge the guests for this great experience and not let them go to Batuu.

I also have to wonder if guests have automatic passes to the Falcon and Resistance rides. Once again, you are going try give this guests these great experiences and they don't get to ride the two rides?

I also have to wonder if guests will have a nice private stash of park products to buy at the resort.

I would have to think the idea behind the hotel experience is designed to keep the guest engaged within the hotel during most of their stay. Such as there are so many other things to see and do, you don't want to go outside of the hotel with the exception of Galaxy's Edge.

I might imagine that if a family were going to spend a week At Disney and the Star Wars hotel was part of their plans. They would spend two days at the hotel, do the hotel and Galaxy's Edge activities, then head to another resort to do the other Disney activities (parks, shopping, etc...)

All great points.... i would have to guess exclusive merchandise would be there...

The only thing I know is an excursion to Batuu is part of the story, with a special in story shuttle ride only for cruiser guests... but you are pretty much in the spacecruiser the vast majority of the 2 days.

From what i read the price covers the hotel and the trip to Batuu ... which i heard on youtube was like few hours or something.

For me it would be 1 or the other as a trip to Disney.. not both... its price prohibitive.

For me it would be 1 or the other as a trip to Disney.. not both... its price prohibitive.

Same here, assuming I could even swing the Star Wars hotel price. Part of that has to do with me living 2.5 hours away. So Disney has been a big part in my families vacation since we moved here in 2003. So WDW is not a once in a lifetime or something similar that might be the case for more families. In such cases, a family might want to try to get it all in. And let's be honest, there are people out there that this type of cost is nothing to them. Disney has a bunch of those $1,000 (and more) a night rooms across all their many resorts and they are usually filled. They won't be hurting for guests.

What's the listed price? I can't remember.

Last time I saw it was something like $1200 for a two-day stay for one person (or two?) but I can't remember. Either way, I was planning on doing it some day. I've got to do it at least once even if it's just by myself.

Oh yeah this will not fail... somebody did cost projections and sold it to suits... so yeah its win for them I'm sure. It sounds AWESOME, and i was totally gonna make it happen until i got stickershock... but its cool they are making this. I happy for anyone who can go!

What's the listed price? I can't remember.

Last time I saw it was something like $1200 for a two-day stay for one person (or two?) but I can't remember. Either way, I was planning on doing it some day. I've got to do it at least once even if it's just by myself.
Um not 100% sure articles say 3000/person... some say $480/person per day...

Um not 100% sure articles say 3000/person... some say $480/person per day...
Yeah, I saw the other posts after I responded. ^^;;

Whatever the price is I've got to do it at least once. I've always known that it would be expensive, there was no question of that even when it was first announced, but I've got to do it anyway. I'll save up my money and do it sometime. It probably wont be within the first couple years of it opening but sooner or later I'll go. And who knows, after it opens the price may continue to be adjusted a bit, and if it's found to be too expensive they might even lower it a little bit. Maybe.

Either way I'm sure it would include park tickets for the days that you're in the hotel. Maybe not a hopper, probably just a pass for Hollywood Studios, but considering that the hotel is in the park itself (or at least it was going to be, not sure if that's still the plan) you'd have to be allowed access to the park in some way.

Well $480/day per person is much better, how did you arrive at that figure? All sources I have seen say $3K/person... double what you're stating, i must be reading it wrong.

Im not trying to nitpick but 1500/person is much better, still expensive but much better than 3000/person.

Its awesome you're likely to book it. Let us know more as you get more info....

"Cabin for one? Pricing for a 2-night/3-day stay starts at $3,300 for one person, or just over $1,000 per person, per day. Cabins do sleep up to five passengers, so there’s also the option of maxing out the cabin occupancy for a relatively cheaper price per person. A cabin with five passengers would cost $7,200, or roughly $1,440 per person, for a more feasible $480 per person, per day price range."

So $3,300 is the base price for the room, but as you add more people the price goes down incrementally. Like a cruise. Which makes sense, since that's the type of experience they're going for.

I just looked up a random cruise in September on the Disney Cruise Line, for 2 people it's $991.50 per person, for 5 people it would be $851 per person. Also, while looking that up I noticed that if you try to book for 1 person, they still charge you the price for 2 people, so it's entirely possible that $3,300 for the Star Wars experience is for 1 OR 2 people with it increasing per person after that.

Of course, none of this could be right because nothing official has been announced. Everything is just rumors, basically including any speculation about what it may include. There's been very little official and even what they've officially announced may or may not happen.

A little off topic but...Do you think closing of the parks will make Disney consider selling the exclusives like sabers and jedi costumes online to make up for lost sales? Or will it push them to make more exclusive items to draw people into the parks?

That's an interesting question.... the will sell park items online when they don't move fast enough or they phase them out... or so I've heard. Im not a Disney expert.

If anything i would hope they've been able to stock up on items thaey have sold out fast... like space sporks, robes, sabre crystals...

But good question...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back