Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === Flashgun ... NOW SHIPPING!!!

You know how some people have uppers that don't match the lowers? Is it possible that the factory sent out some Graflex 2.0 uppers in these orders? The upper looks suspiciously like the 2.0 as it uncannily features two identical design issues that can be seen in most photos.

First circle: Compared to vintage, the bulbous part under the eye and red button on the other side is not round - it's squished vertically.

Second circle: the distance between the hole and the leading edge is smaller than vintage, probably due to the cut on the profile (s compound curve) of the leading edge. Funnily enough, this is the opposite problem the current TGS prototype has.

These differences also exist on the renders in the first post of this thread, FWIW.

View attachment 695728
Its not possible. The end of the 2.0 is threaded to join the halves. The ends on Romans are slotted, like a true vintage, to work with the clamp in securing the two pieces. Good guess though!

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Just saw that the KR Saber blade adapter does not align properly with Roman's replica, though it does line up with a Parks and Vintage. Has anyone else tried theirs with Solo's Hold or either of the TGS blade adapters?

Hoping someone will do a video tutorial of an FX crystal chamber install using Roman's flash. I've only done static builds thus far.

Honestly, I love mine so much I'm really contemplating getting rid of my original graflex.

-Gary

I know what you mean. When I woke up this morning I picked up my GRAFLEX before I grabbed my phone. I just love 'em!

But it if I could find an original at a good price, I'd still buy it.

If anyone was curious if you can remove the threaded bar inside the clamp sidebar of a new Roman's clamp to use for your V2 ROTJ clamp, you totally can. It even comes out black and brazed like the original :cool

FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpeg

Last edited:

Just saw that the KR Saber blade adapter does not align properly with Roman's replica, though it does line up with a Parks and Vintage. Has anyone else tried theirs with Solo's Hold or either of the TGS blade adapters?

Yes, Shane let me know last week that theirs do work. :)

KR's should also work with a bit of sanding to the adapter. Don't know why he think of/mention that.

Can you let us know what/where to sand? A lot of people have or are interested in this blade holder.

15826407_10154866737551081_6488412246045714818_n.jpg

Exactly the same clamp.

When I had them listed only on the "parts" page, people buying a Graflex couldn't find them (and vice-versa). ;) So now they are listed in two locations, but are the same clamp.

I do need to match the pictures up though. A lot to do lately. I'll get to it. :D

Well that explains that :p thanks Roman :D

Honestly, I love mine so much I'm really contemplating getting rid of my original graflex.

-Gary

You should convert it into a pepsi perfect :lol pepsi graflex has a nice ring to it

Like I said, contemplating. My original graflex is still mounted to a real camera. Since I only display is and already have a 2.0 converted to a saber, I'm trying to justify keeping multiples around of what are essentially the same thing :)

I'll buy it. :D

Apparently he was wrong. :) Same alignment issue as KR. The holes on your replica aren't aligned with vintage so anything that's designed for the latter isn't going to line up.

I have neither flash here in person yet, but to me, looking at photos with the flashes upright and in plane with the viewer, it also looks like the holes were punched round when the sheet was flat - this means when rolled into a tube, they're no longer round, but but elliptical, taller than they are wide. On vintage it looks like they were punched elliptical & wider to begin with, so when rolled they form a perfect circle as if the hole was drilled.

He's referring to the clamp on the OB1 parts page versus the clamp on the Graflex page. Both are the same clamp.

I know. It's that they didn't used to be the same part. This past summer you could get a clamp from the first link while the second was Pre-Order December. There used to be two different Logo parts (not including chrome), only one of which was available to ship at the time. Also not including the one in the photo of 3 side-by-side as that's an even older version where the stamping is incorrect.

Last edited:

KR's should also work with a bit of sanding to the adapter. Don't know why he think of/mention that.

Hey! I've already spoken with Roman's and while the blade holder fits in his flash tube the brass pin cut or holes do not quite line up perfectly with the blade holder's.

Vintages line up perfect with ours.

The solution, I think, would be for us to make tailored blade holders for Roman's Flashes.

Apparently he was wrong. :) Same alignment issue as KR. The holes on your replica aren't aligned with vintage so anything that's designed for the latter isn't going to line up.

I have neither flash here in person yet, but to me, looking at photos with the flashes upright and in plane with the viewer, it also looks like the holes were punched round when the sheet was flat - this means when rolled into a tube, they're no longer round, but but elliptical, taller than they are wide. On vintage it looks like they were punched elliptical & wider to begin with, so when rolled they form a perfect circle as if the hole was drilled.

Just curous how how you know this if you don't have the flashes yet?

-Gary
I actually sold my real one last year. Replica is plenty good enough for me, and real graflex sell for a ton and I really needed cash at the time.

Of course I didn't get in on this order until August or Septemberish so I'll be among the last to get mine. Still, seeing all of yours is getting me excited. Be good to have graflex back in my collection.

Just curous how how you know this if you don't have the flashes yet?

Photos, which I mentioned as the basis for the hypothesis. If I had the flashes here with me I'd give you measurements to the thousandth of an inch and tell you exactly what's wrong with absolute certainty instead of hypothesizing.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back