Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === Flashgun ... NOW SHIPPING!!!

You know how some people have uppers that don't match the lowers? Is it possible that the factory sent out some Graflex 2.0 uppers in these orders? The upper looks suspiciously like the 2.0 as it uncannily features two identical design issues that can be seen in most photos.

First circle: Compared to vintage, the bulbous part under the eye and red button on the other side is not round - it's squished vertically.

Second circle: the distance between the hole and the leading edge is smaller than vintage, probably due to the cut on the profile (s compound curve) of the leading edge. Funnily enough, this is the opposite problem the current TGS prototype has.

These differences also exist on the renders in the first post of this thread, FWIW.

graf-tells1.png

Last edited:

Got mine today. Purchased it from someone who was in on this run. It's fracking beautiful Roman. A#1 job indeed. Thanks for producing this run. I just need to get some extra parts from ya.

You know how some people have uppers that don't match the lowers? Is it possible that the factory sent out some Graflex 2.0 uppers in these orders? The upper looks suspiciously like the 2.0 as it uncannily features two identical design issues that can be seen in most photos.

First circle: Compared to vintage, the bulbous part under the eye and red button on the other side is not round - it's squished vertically.

Second circle: the distance between the hole and the leading edge is smaller than vintage, probably due to the cut on the profile (s compound curve) of the leading edge. Funnily enough, this is the opposite problem the current TGS prototype has.

These differences also exist on the renders in the first post of this thread, FWIW.

View attachment 695728

I doubt it. I own a 2.0 and there is a difference in them. The 2.0 is a shiny finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Got mine today, love it! Thanks Roman!

A mini review: I have had several Graflexes, but haven't owned one for awhile. This replica feels heavier. Can't confirm, but it has a really pleasing heft that I like. Could be in my head. Mine does have a few small blemishes and plating imperfections (incl some orange peel on the clamp), but since I plan to "antique" mine a bit, it doesn't bother me. The shiny bottom is no big deal to me, but it IS shiny! I'm not sure why some are fussy about it though. It's an easy fix. The flash came with waaaaaay spread out bunny ears, but a few squeezes brought them closer to parallel easy-peasy, which I find more attractive.

The only thing I'm maybe not 100% on is one of my bunny ears is flat on top, like the rounded tip was cut off just a smidge. Dunno if that's just mine or a production error. If I thought Roman had replacement ears, I might ask about swapping them out, but it doesn't bug me enough to justify shipping back the whole flash.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I've had several real Graflexes and the Parks replica over the years, so I feel comfortable saying that Roman nailed this one. Thanks for making it happen!
I have the same on my ears as well. One round and one with a flat part. You have to look for it, but it's still there. I'm wondering if it was where it was cut off the sheets, and the stamp was over a hair. No biggie.

I doubt it. I own a 2.0 and there is a difference in them. The 2.0 is a shiny finish.

Well, it was one possible hypothesis for the mismatched brushing. :) Still odd that 2.0 and this replica share precisely the same incorrect design of the area under both the eye and button.

Mine are delivered on Friday to my US-based mailbox but I won't get to pick them up for at least another two weeks. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I have the same on my ears as well. One round and one with a flat part. You have to look for it, but it's still there. I'm wondering if it was where it was cut off the sheets, and the stamp was over a hair. No biggie.

Maybe someday if I feel ambitious I'll dremel them even, but it hardly seems worth the bother. I'm guessing your theory is correct about going over the edge of the sheet.

How are you guys turning your glass eye?

just curious

The poor-man's lathe! I chucked it in my drill press and while it was turning I used by dremel with the sanding drum to gradually grind off the knurling. Then I used various grits of sand paper to get it nice and smooth (this is also while it's turning). Took all of 5 minutes. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once it's in your hands, you'll be able to appreciate how well this turned out. :) Let's try to steer clear of speculation. ;)

Got mine today, love it! Thanks Roman!

... I might ask about swapping them out, but it doesn't bug me enough to justify shipping back the whole flash.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I've had several real Graflexes and the Parks replica over the years, so I feel comfortable saying that Roman nailed this one. Thanks for making it happen!

Thanks for the kind words. :) No need to ask...PM sent. :D

Maybe someday if I feel ambitious I'll dremel them even, but it hardly seems worth the bother. I'm guessing your theory is correct about going over the edge of the sheet.
I'm totally fine with the way it is. Looks like it can match the weathering kinda like a battle scar.

Does anyone know if the Solo's hold blade holder will work with the custom saber shop chassis parts? I already asked Solo, and he was not sure. I just would rather have those chassis over the 3D printed ones

Australia post is soooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I should have my SH blade holders in on Friday. I have some TCSS chassis disks laying around so I'll check the holes to see if they line up.

I should have my SH blade holders in on Friday. I have some TCSS chassis disks laying around so I'll check the holes to see if they line up.

Thank you so much!

So these are shipping immediately upon order? Are the conversion kits also available now?

I just placed an order for the graflex and EVII kit.

So these are shipping immediately upon order? Are the conversion kits also available now?

I just placed an order for the graflex and EVII kit.

Thank you. :) There is a lead-time of 2-3 weeks. Just enough time for me to ship all the pre-orders. The lead time should have been listed on order page. At least it should have been. :)

Ah, it is. I must admit that I pretty much ordered this thing blindly. You know, to avoid hesitation.

Random question,
What are the differences between these two clamps exactly???

:confused

Exactly the same clamp.

When I had them listed only on the "parts" page, people buying a Graflex couldn't find them (and vice-versa). ;) So now they are listed in two locations, but are the same clamp.

I do need to match the pictures up though. A lot to do lately. I'll get to it. :D

I'm so excited, I've been watching this run for a while now.

now that people are starting to receive their orders, I will ask again:

anyone making an ESB saber want to sell me their spare glass eye? :)

please PM me if you have one :)

As of yesterday mine were passing through Chicago, and I'm in southwestern Ontario Canada which is just east of Michigan :). So close! Woohoo!

Hey kirova, ive got 2 and there's a good chance I'm doing one esb- I was originally thinking I'd cut the spare glass eye into my 2.0... when I get them in hand I'll see if I can do it or not, and if I'm not using it I'll let you know.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back