Found! Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH Lightsaber Emitter

Here are some pics of our failed meteor hunt....

moors1.jpg

moors2.jpg

We never got to the crash site, as the weather turned bad and i had my wife and kids with me. It was a nice walk though. I've been told by the guy i know who has the 20mm cannon off one of the meteors that i went the hard way and there is a slightly longer, but easier way to get there.
I might try again next week.

Keith.

Convinced?? Indeed--that would be because of the evidence, right?

Such as:

The part is the exact right length.

The part is the exact right diameter.

The part 'reads' in photography the same as the prop.

The part has an extension which fits perfectly into the handwheel and leaves the exact correct gap between the two.

The part has a flange which fits inside a graflex clamp perfectly.

The flange has holes in it which are intended for use with a clevis pin which looks very much like the 'wires' on the prop.

Just what is the basis for this position of yours? Or were you just joking and forgot to put a smiley in? :lol

Originally posted by Lamb of Zod@Oct 29 2005, 11:24 PM
I am convinced that this is not the part.

It is part of the roller mechanism for a vintage fluting iron.
[snapback]1106343[/snapback]​

erie_flutr1.jpg

Since this is an antique fluting iron, I think LOZ was just having some fun, lol.
But this has given me an idea, though... Stay tuned for clarifications. :)

- Gabe

Gabe, I swear, if it weren't for the good ones that pop up every once in a while I'd get nervous every time you say you've got an idea... :lol

For those who didn't know it, the fluting idea was explored in detail a year ago give or take.

People have been searching through fluting iron sites just as they searched through jet sites and machine gun sites recently.

No fluting iron with the right diameter and tooth count has been found. And the ones I've seen in person did not have quite the right tooth profile--close, interesting, and I thought it was the right direction to be looking, but not quite exactly.

All of which is, IMO, moot at this point. :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back