Found Item Buckaroo Bonzai Overthruster Case

Im watching it tonight after the Oscars. I am going to try and order one of these and trick it out like the movie case. If I manage to score one I will show some progress pics. Remember; no matter where you go, there you are.

Looks like the same "family" of cases, but it's not exact. The one in the screenshot has a plastic lip of some kind, suggesting that the lid is inset a small amount when closed. The one you linked looks like the lid overlaps the main body when it closes, and the main body narrows at the top to accomodate it. If you added the plastic lip from the screenshot to the found one, I don't think it would be able to close.

But like I said, it looks like the the same type, which may help in sourcing a vintage one.

Lurk, If you read the item description it says that "An O-ring gasket provides additional environmental protection." Thats what that "Lip" is and its available as an add on. I agree it may be a vintage version of this case but they may have kept the design the same for all these years.

Lurk, Let me correct what I just said..lol Yes I agree that the lip could not be on this case...sigh

Not so fast. Checking out their site, it appears that each pic is just a representative model. The 7000 series has almost the exact lip from the screen shot, and the PDF catalog lists other sizes for that model. There's no pictures, but I bet you could get a 7000 in the same size as the picture of the 800. Anyone with an Overthruster able to ballpark the case measurements?

Yup. "All cases feature fully gasketed, bonded closures which fit over the edge of the lower shell."

Looks like the 7000 might be it if the size matches.

Okay, now I'm fixated and can't get the "deedledee deedledee" overthruster tones out of my head. Yeah, poking around Google this site has pics of the 7000 model cases open, but still using an incorrect (larger) stock image. The way the clasps overlap the lip is the same as the screenshot, though. Hard to tell from the angle, but I'm thinking it might be the smallest one, the 4x7x4.16 size? Seems to be the right ratio. The overthruster is actually smaller than I remembered.
charge-unit.jpg

The $100+ price tag is steep for an experiment. I'd want to be pretty confident of that.

Oh Wait a sec....thats not the 4X7 in the web site pic...doh..Maybe I need more coffee. If we can get some quick measurements of an OO and its close i lay out the clams for 1.

The handle on top is off though if it's the same as the one as the other cases. It's more of a utilitarian floppy "lunch box" style folding hanldle.

found-item-buckaroo-bonzai-overthruster-case-vlcsnap-2011-09-30-21h10m06s35.png-85363d1330296892

found-item-buckaroo-bonzai-overthruster-case-vlcsnap-2011-09-30-21h13m13s173.png-85368d1330296985

Here's some caps of the case for reference-

No problem. I'm working on an overthruster and would LOVE to figure out a case without having to build one from scratch.

Nick

View attachment 85369
Heres the pic that got me started on finding this company. Its a Camera Driver and the case is by Zero. Different handle for sure but it seems the same in every way other than that and color. I am wondering if that handle style is an old version.

Makes sense they would update that handle. Loud and clunky for something marketed as an instrument case. Looks like it's still the same clasp hardware though, and they may have kept a standard case size. If so, and judging by the way Weller has a gloved hand around it in that first screenshot, I still think the 4x7 has the likely ratio. Hard to be 100% sure though.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back