Found Item Buckaroo Bonzai Overthruster Case

Did you guys use Letraset rub on lettering for the panel in the case? How did you handle the Japanese Kanji characters?

So far people have just been hand-drawing the Kanji (as far as I know anyway). If anyone can get me a fairly clean screenshot of the Kanji, I could have a go at reproducing it into something that people could print out.

this thread is enthusiastic & motivating !! :) . it's matter of budget.. could finally arrange something for the case (my father cut a massive version of the brand i found months after searches in a pawn shop for 6$). we can talk about... Bonzai..fication ;) ,

but my problem is to really figure what sizes are the decadry transfers ?!? i read a message question for 3mm but someone replies it's not enough?

20140830185556-fiend41-bb1.jpg

20140921144756-fiend41-IMAG0551.jpg

20140921144811-fiend41-IMAG0552.jpg
(did a bad printing for the red label.. (but the file is missing from the thread now to get it again., will have to find the old folder in another laptop .)

i have found a dymo yellow in 12,7mm. is it a 12,7mm required or a 9mm ?!. it's hard to get these as it's old stuff..

but worse of all i couldnt imagine that decadry is uncommon in europe & pricy , 15$ for what it is to get them in europe in original form (letraset/decadry). but i found intel that "Seno" does them for industrial things at ~4$. .. but the problem is still the same.

what are the Two sizes you did utilize ? Thanks much for any hint !! :)

Last edited:
did a bad printing for the red label.. (but the file is missing from the thread now to get it again., will have to find the old folder in another laptop .)

Hi caincan,

If you want a higher quality version of any of the outer decals, send me a PM.

Cheers,
Stu

Thx for the messages ! i'm sure i have it somewhere. will wait for another batch of posters to reintegrate it in :). . damn my luck. a good friend found me 3 dymo typers.. i chose the best shape.. i recevied the 1,27cm yellow ribbon... it can only use 0,9cm ahah... it's a matter of time to fulfill things ^^...

still hoping some intel for the sizes of the transfers..

I competed this project but never got around to posting the results. Many thanks to everyone who made this possible - particularly morganthirteeen for the fine job designing the overthruster and a super casting. I just love this overthruster.

FullSizeRender-9.jpgFullSizeRender-10.jpgFullSizeRender-12.jpg

Stromo - I neglected to call you out for your wonderful Kanji. I did the best I could with a sharpie.

I hope you make it back to the old country when Taipei's call is lost.

Thanks for dragging this one out of the attic PropWeasel. I remember when i found the case I jumped up from the sofa screaming "I think I found it"! My girlfriend ran into the room all paniced.

Is there any way to buy a set of the stickers so I can make my own case? I see everyone has already put so much work into this, I figure all the details have already been worked out?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back