Deprecated FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale (BANNED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FOTK First Order Stormtrooper armor for sale- RUN FULL- WAITING LIST OPEN

Thats if he online though? You would think he would be here defending himself more?

Thats if he online though? You would think he would be here defending himself more?
There's a green dot by his name but I don't think that means anything

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm on the list but I did not get the introductory offer which was something like 700gbp like the rest of the first batch. I definitely appreciate all sides of the story and yes I have skin in the game as well. I believe that regular public status would have mostly avoided this situation. I can appreciate that sometimes you honestly believe you can get it done but get into a situation where you are behind, etc. Communication is key. I think a lot of the legion members have been fair and respectful. The holidays are a hard time and it's unfortunate that a lot of fuel to the fire was poured on over the holidays which is a busy time in a different way.

I actually had Jim's kit prior to placing my order with Mimic. I have all the soft parts, etc, etc. Jim's kit sat mostly idle for almost 2 years as the amount of time it takes to get it perfected is substantial and for me, I just don't have the time to invest. I had spent hours just sanding all the surfaces. I had not even repaired all the damage (that was common during shipping) to the armor or all the mandatory modifications required to get the parts right for the suit. For the job to be done right, I had gotten a quote from an autobody painter to properly spray and clear coat the suit. If you have seen ukswrath's Anovos build, you will know the amount of effort it takes to properly build an Anovos kit. ukswrath has some serious skill and I think it would take at least 4-6 months to do a build properly like that.

I'm not in the same boat as everyone else. I prefer to wait and get perfection. If I had started the Jim kit, it would have consumed me as I wanted everything perfect and my family cannot endure it so the investment and wait time is fine for me. Obviously that's not for everyone but do take into account that the level of finish that mimic is providing, is something that should not be discounted. Maybe mimic could consider doing something to account and provide for that. If people want it in kit format send it as is, faster, no trim or finishing, slightly lower cost. Finishing at the full cost. Pull off and send to those waiting the longest.

Don't forget that Jim sculpted and helped with the process but he had a team of over 10 people working tirelessly every day on his kits and they were all unfinished. Just a different perspective. I'm someone who has no problem waiting for perfection. There is enough progress for me to know that my money is going to be well spent on a great product. I hope that Mimic is able to do something for those who can't wait any longer. It would be a shame for those dropping out to regret it in the end.

I'm on the list but I did not get the introductory offer which was something like 700gbp like the rest of the first batch. I definitely appreciate all sides of the story and yes I have skin in the game as well. I believe that regular public status would have mostly avoided this situation. I can appreciate that sometimes you honestly believe you can get it done but get into a situation where you are behind, etc. Communication is key. I think a lot of the legion members have been fair and respectful. The holidays are a hard time and it's unfortunate that a lot of fuel to the fire was poured on over the holidays which is a busy time in a different way.

I actually had Jim's kit prior to placing my order with Mimic. I have all the soft parts, etc, etc. Jim's kit sat mostly idle for almost 2 years as the amount of time it takes to get it perfected is substantial and for me, I just don't have the time to invest. I had spent hours just sanding all the surfaces. I had not even repaired all the damage (that was common during shipping) to the armor or all the mandatory modifications required to get the parts right for the suit. For the job to be done right, I had gotten a quote from an autobody painter to properly spray and clear coat the suit. If you have seen ukswrath's Anovos build, you will know the amount of effort it takes to properly build an Anovos kit. ukswrath has some serious skill and I think it would take at least 4-6 months to do a build properly like that.

I'm not in the same boat as everyone else. I prefer to wait and get perfection. If I had started the Jim kit, it would have consumed me as I wanted everything perfect and my family cannot endure it so the investment and wait time is fine for me. Obviously that's not for everyone but do take into account that the level of finish that mimic is providing, is something that should not be discounted. Maybe mimic could consider doing something to account and provide for that. If people want it in kit format send it as is, faster, no trim or finishing, slightly lower cost. Finishing at the full cost. Pull off and send to those waiting the longest.

Don't forget that Jim sculpted and helped with the process but he had a team of over 10 people working tirelessly every day on his kits and they were all unfinished. Just a different perspective. I'm someone who has no problem waiting for perfection. There is enough progress for me to know that my money is going to be well spent on a great product. I hope that Mimic is able to do something for those who can't wait any longer. It would be a shame for those dropping out to regret it in the end.

This is a fantastic post and echoes what I was trying to say but in a more eloquent fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

what would be the point? Short of providing a link to a Instagram with like 8gb worth of pictures with the final photo being everyone **** boxed up and waiting for UPS, people aren't going to be happy. Anything else is just going to be met with hostility as people vent their frustration. Might as well just keep head down and working. This is why I think paying for stuff not even built yet is ridiculous.. have I done it.. sure, Do I still do it? Sure, but very rarely. I am actually in on this run but there's always the risk you're going to get shafted even by people who at once point may have had Steller reps. If you're not willing to accept that risk, don't get involved in project runs that don't have anything completed and ready to ship. I've missed out on a lot of cool **** that may have been ltd runs but at least I'm not out of money. all the drama and threats are ridiculous, Seeing "if we don't see x by y, I'm doing z" and then 3 hours later a follow up bitching because it wasn't done. if you're unhappy then start your dispute and walk away. If you can't file a dispute any longer, then sell your place in line. I'm sure you would not have an issue finding someone to take your spot and go with one of the other makers. with that though, hopefully Mimic has learned from this and gets better about communicating. Even a once or twice a week update with a few new pictures would probably chill the pitchforks and to cover his ass, when shipping with a tracking number and provide it. All this crap with Empire could have been avoided if he would have just provided Empire with a tracking number.

My place in line is for sale I would be more than happy to shut up. See first post im spot 6 I believe

Hello everyone, I keep checking in here but ... we’ll? Really? Lol

AGAIN my plan hasn’t changed.

Between moulding, initial casting and starting shipping there was a delay due to some ‘quality control issues’ (no way was I going to send the first few out - the people who had waited the longest- and then make changes and send better products to people further down the run!) what more can I say on that??

im sorry I’m human- the first few took a little practice, practice I hadnt factored into timelines. I made a mistake that set me back a few weeks. It was simply some tweaking that took me a while to get to a point I preferred. Even a tweak on something like this can be a serious task.

apart from seeking to make it the best I can and missing gestimated deadlines, lapsed only due to improvements I’ve done, I’ve done nothing wrong.

AND YES I HAVE AWESOME FEEDBACK- GUESS WHY?? Because I make sure something is AWESOME BEFORE I Send it out!!!

anyway,this is a sales thread, you people who have jumped ship you have said your piece. ‘Looks great but taking too long’ (so sorry) you’ve put in your disputes, you’re off the run - thank you- I’m sorry if I’ve offended you, I definitely didn’t intend to. Please feel free to watch this thread continue but do excuse me if I no longer acknowledge you.

To everyone who continues to support me and to those of you who have just stopped by to share your POV (raises glass) here’s to awesome readily finished FOTK armor and a great 2018 - I worked too hard on this to let a few people take it away!

Between moulding, initial casting and starting shipping there was a delay due to some ‘quality control issues’ (no way was I going to send the first few out - the people who had waited the longest- and then make changes and send better products to people further down the run!) what more can I say on that??

im sorry I’m human- the first few took a little practice, practice I hadnt factored into timelines. I made a mistake that set me back a few weeks. It was simply some tweaking that took me a while to get to a point I preferred. Even a tweak on something like this can be a serious task.

apart from seeking to make it the best I can and missing gestimated deadlines, lapsed only due to improvements I’ve done, I’ve done nothing wrong.

AND YES I HAVE AWESOME FEEDBACK- GUESS WHY?? Because I make sure something is AWESOME BEFORE I Send it out!!!

anyway,this is a sales thread, you people who have jumped ship you have said your piece. ‘Looks great but taking too long’ (so sorry) you’ve put in your disputes, you’re off the run - thank you- I’m sorry if I’ve offended you, I definitely didn’t intend to. Please feel free to watch this thread continue but do excuse me if I no longer acknowledge you.

To everyone who continues to support me and to those of you who have just stopped by to share your POV (raises glass) here’s to awesome readily finished FOTK armor and a great 2018 - I worked too hard on this to let a few people take it away!
Until I get my money back you better respond to my pm.

I'm not a patient man but when my money is back im gone and I wish you nothing but success but I want to go another route and I'll post here until my money is back

The full 925 pounds since I wasn't one of the early people

Then agree to the dispute, and refund our money. You just agreed. Cut the bull.

I sent a nice neat request in PayPal for the amount I paid. Would love to do it the honest way without drama since I'm outside my window for dispute. Could still go credit card company but would love to give you a shot at being an honest man

what would be the point? Short of providing a link to a Instagram with like 8gb worth of pictures with the final photo being everyone **** boxed up and waiting for UPS, people aren't going to be happy. Anything else is just going to be met with hostility as people vent their frustration. Might as well just keep head down and working. This is why I think paying for stuff not even built yet is ridiculous.. have I done it.. sure, Do I still do it? Sure, but very rarely. I am actually in on this run but there's always the risk you're going to get shafted even by people who at once point may have had Steller reps. If you're not willing to accept that risk, don't get involved in project runs that don't have anything completed and ready to ship. I've missed out on a lot of cool **** that may have been ltd runs but at least I'm not out of money. all the drama and threats are ridiculous, Seeing "if we don't see x by y, I'm doing z" and then 3 hours later a follow up bitching because it wasn't done. if you're unhappy then start your dispute and walk away. If you can't file a dispute any longer, then sell your place in line. I'm sure you would not have an issue finding someone to take your spot and go with one of the other makers. with that though, hopefully Mimic has learned from this and gets better about communicating. Even a once or twice a week update with a few new pictures would probably chill the pitchforks and to cover his ass, when shipping with a tracking number and provide it. All this crap with Empire could have been avoided if he would have just provided Empire with a tracking number.

couldn’t agree more

Mimic, you've stopped responding to my PM and you have not yet acted on the paypal claim. You can't both agree that we are off the run (as quoted above) and then not process our refunds. That takes us back to probable fraud. I'm sure the high volume of claims against you has triggered some form of alert with PayPal. Settling them quickly and efficiently is the best thing you can do for your business.

Mimic, you've stopped responding to my PM and you have not yet acted on the paypal claim. You can't both agree that we are off the run (as quoted above) and then not process our refunds. That takes us back to probable fraud. I'm sure the high volume of claims against you has triggered some form of alert with PayPal. Settling them quickly and efficiently is the best thing you can do for your business.
Yeah seems like best way to get your sales back up is to prove your an honest man and settle with us. I would be more than happy to continue to recommend you in my large sphere of influence. Right now though I have told everyone to watch out and stay away

He may be swamped with doing stuff with the armour as I have still not been contacted. Hopefully I will just need to know what's going on?

He may be swamped with doing stuff with the armour as I have still not been contacted. Hopefully I will just need to know what's going on?

Either your armor shipped or it didn’t. That shouldn’t be fuzzy or take weeks to confirm. And he’s been saying it’s weeks away from the first shipments since last May. I’m now waiting on PayPal as well. Unfortunate.

I do have to add one more sad but funny comment- I've known 2 other artists that have had difficulties with a star wars run, so much so that it burned them out, and alot of it has to do with 'star wars guys are crazy':)

Look at the iron man armor run - 3 years in the making, minimal updates, and everyone on the run is still polite and happy.

Maybe rpf artists should just stop making anything star wars related - it usually seems to cause trouble (I stopped making blasters because I just didn' wanna deal with that fan base anymore).

Just thought that would be an interesting thought. May the force be with you, MIMIC:)

There are certainly people who can get carried away, but I honestly think it’s more because 501st members have a lot of experience with prop making and ordering and a lot of vendor experience. We have a sense for what things take and for when things are going south. That’s my take on it anyways.

There are certainly people who can get carried away, but I honestly think it’s more because 501st members have a lot of experience with prop making and ordering and a lot of vendor experience. We have a sense for what things take and for when things are going south. That’s my take on it anyways.

What he said

I just want to move to another vendor I trust. Should have trusted my gut but got caught up in the work and thought it was further along than it actually was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back