Force Awakens Luke costume

Looch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alright, gonna start on Luke's outfit for the Force Awakens premiere-well, technically the pre-show, not the Christmas day show. Only have the one shot so far, let's see what I can come up with! 330fa3c9f1499a9089c44d6abe2abc4db9da7cca1ff2debbdff42bd2da665997_large.jpg

It looks like it's based on a standard Jedi Robe. Someone that has made a Jedi Robe or 2 could probably knock this out fairly quickly.

Alright, gonna start on Luke's outfit for the Force Awakens premiere-well, technically the pre-show, not the Christmas day show. Only have the one shot so far, let's see what I can come up with!View attachment 518091

I guess the whole Luke is now Ben thing is gonna happen. I was hoping for that in Ep 10 and this be one last great adventure for our OT heroes but I guess it's not to be. Looks like Luke is retired and just looking for a Sith to stand in front of and die.

One of the few not happy about Ep 7 :(

Whoa whoa whoa, who said Luke's gonna be retired? He just looks his age. I fully expect us to see one epic force-fueled ass-whopping from Master Skywalker, especially before Ep VIII.

I hope so. Looks like Old Ben robes, not backside kicking 60 years young Jedi robes.

I hope you are right, I really do but I am worried.

Would love to see Luke really be the star and hand it off to the kids in Ep 10 but that's just me.

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

Staring three unknwon characters and Han Solo.(The guy who did not want to do anymore Star Wars.)

And special cameos by:

Leia and Luke and maybe Lando in the second one.

Sorry. Just a bit bitter about how TFA is shaping up:cry

The movie PREMIERES on Dec 18, not Christmas. So if you are wearing it then, it would be the premiere, not a PRESHOW.
Right-thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks warm enough though to be wearing in December . . . which of course is an added bonus ;)

Chaim

Looks warm enough :) and definately a cool robe. Luke looks like a old dude you wouldn't stress with.

It looks like it's based on a standard Jedi Robe. Someone that has made a Jedi Robe or 2 could probably knock this out fairly quickly.

I think you guys are right, a warm robe, to be sure. A fairly standard Jedi robe is gonna work just fine!

- - - Updated - - -

The shirt looks like what he wore in ROTJ, but light.
We need more pictures of the shirt, belt buckle and belt pouch.

Based on this one single pic, I agree.

So, based on the only available picture, I make the assumption that this outfit consists of:

-a floor-length robe of pale taupe/brown, with a v-opening almost to the waist
-a white undershirt with a western yoke and a collar the same colour as the robe, same cut as his RoTJ outfit
-shoulder armour, floor-length in white
-Jedi robe of pale taupe/brown
-mystery belt
I am using the monk's robe(McCalls 4627) as his under robe, with some modifications. As the fabrics are non-stretchy, I will be utilizing the dickie idea for the collar. I am also using the patterns for the shoulder armour, dickie and robe from the obvious SW pattern set(Simplicity 5840). Still have to dye the fabric.

Seems like you're in a flow ... and it's because you load your pictures directly onto the site without renaming them in a seperate photo-software is causing the angles ... it's somewhere incrypted in the thumbnails of the original picture ... however when you click them larger they load normal but super huge ... always best to resize your pictures to 827x620 at 100 dpi and renaming before uploading.

Chaim

Seems like you're in a flow ... and it's because you load your pictures directly onto the site without renaming them in a seperate photo-software is causing the angles ... it's somewhere incrypted in the thumbnails of the original picture ... however when you click them larger they load normal but super huge ... always best to resize your pictures to 827x620 at 100 dpi and renaming before uploading.

Chaim
Thanks, I am so not computer savvy!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow you are in a flow, indeed. The robe looks good and the predator mask (?) adds to the costume ;)
Keep up that fast work.

Thank very much, I will-see the next post!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back