Foamboard Backpack

quote:

Wow, loving that. Always been a fan of using LED lighting on the suit. I was looking into adding some to mine behind some symbols like pred yjautia (i can't spell lol) langauge. Also wasn't sure whether to use white or red LED's. Thinking of going with red to match the bomb computer.

Great work. this is reallt helpful in showing how it can be done. Would love to see this in person - bet it looks awesome. It really brings it to life and gives more of a space-age feel. Loving the details on them symbols- really shining through

Well done

Thanks bud! yeah as far as the leds go, i was left with a decision, if i would have used red leds, it wouldn't have enough intensity to have the glow in the dark after effect when the leds were off, so its kinda like i can have very bright white symbols when the leds are on, or mellow green alien symbols when they are off. I was so mad when i was trying to take pictures off it and they didnt show up :mad:

Still think it looks awesome, will def have to add this idea to mine. Thanks, looking forward to your next update fella. Keep up the good work

I got a little done last night,blending in the cannon mechanism to the rest of the pack. I use tie-wire (used for steal rebar) to hold things in place while the glue dries. As of right now, everything is still in the mock up stage.
predator mask 385.jpg

predator mask 378.jpg

predator mask 379.jpg

predator mask 380.jpg

predator mask 381.jpg

predator mask 382.jpg

predator mask 383.jpg

predator mask 384.jpg

predator mask 388.jpg

predator mask 385.jpg

predator mask 386.jpg

predator mask 387.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it has been a long time but i have got a little more work done, and this is just the outer shell O: I still got to foamie it after this :(

predator mask 428.jpg

predator mask 424.jpg

predator mask 425.jpg

Under this lid is the battery compartment where it will hold 4 9volts, 2 for the leds and 2 for the cannon.

predator mask 426.jpg

predator mask 427.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back