Foam clay help?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

GeekyRaptorStud

I am new so I have no idea where to post questions please forgive me if I posted in the wrong area.
I was thinking of buying foam clay in September or October and I was wondering, is there any way to coat dried foam clay pieces to increase their durability and life "due to foam clay being brittle and easily broken if stressed even a little."
Should I coat it with smooth on resin? Or are there any cheaper alternative methods to increase it's resilience. I'm looking to make an entire costume using the stuff but I need to know if there are any reliable methods to make foam clay more viable an option
Edit: if anyone knows a alternative medium to sculpt in that is easier and cheaper I am open to suggestions on costume sculpting medium options. My budget is around 70 dollars a month So I can't go very expensive due to wanting to make a head to toe costume. Thnx!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.