Flynn Rider Satchel- Finished pics post 5!

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'll be starting today on a prop part of my Halloween costume--the satchel carried by Flynn Rider et al. in the movie Tangled.

I've gathered up some reference photos:

satchel.jpg

Here's hoping it turns out well. Any advice from others is very welcome!!

Last edited:
Re: Flynn Rider Satchel

Well I'm more into the "from scratch" method of costuming in this regard, so here's what I've got done so far.

DSCN2550.jpg

DSCN2551.jpg

I don't know what Kate Spade is doing charging thousands for a purse, this ish is easy.

And with the patch on it:
DSCN2552.jpg

I'd say I'm about 85% done. There's another patch with a button on it, a toggle on the flap, and a good bit of weathering to do still.

Second patch, "gold" button, and some weathering added! Mostly just need the toggle now! (I'd put it on now, but I have to go buy one).

DSCN2553.jpg

All done!! One genuine leather Tangled satchel. This thing is actually probly extremely sturdy--It's sewn with 3-4 oz. leather and some intensely strong thread!

DSCN2606-1.jpg

DSCN2610.jpg

DSCN2611.jpg

I've even made sure that the stitching on the bag lines up with that in the film. It's a very simple prop, clearly, but I'm happy with it!

Love the attention to detail! :) It's a simple prop, but I love that you made it from scratch. Out of interest, where do you buy your leather from? I'm going to be doing a Flynn costume for my boyfriend for the Australian summer con season and you've inspired me to actually do it from scratch :)

This leather I got from theleatherguy.org about a year ago for a different costume, and this was made from left over material. Glad you like it!

Okay, awesome. I'll definitely check them out!

Out of interest have you in your travels heard of any similar sites that are Australia-based? We struggle a bit with excessive postage costs down under :)

I haven't... usually just searching for "leather hides" with the word Australia will help, or you can look on ebay and say that you only want to buy within the country. But I don't know anything specific, sorry!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back