Unlimited Run Floating Jedi Training Remote BUILDER'S KIT

Let us know if there is another run on these again. The previous one I got was a gift. Hoping to get one for myself next time. Thanks.

I've finally had some time to try to work on my training remote.

Has anyone never been able to get their remote to float? I have been trying ALLLLLL day with no luck. I know you're supposed to feel some sort of 'donut' or hole in the magnetic field when it's turned on, however I can only for the life of me find that the magnetic field just feels like a dome. It feels no different when the base is plugged in versus when the base is not plugged in.

It's infuriating...And yes, I usually have great feel for balance and 'touch', but every position I move through the magnetic field the remote just wants to "roll over the dome".

Instead of imagining placing it in a donut hole, it helped me to envision what I would call a peg. And then hanging it on the peg. Don't know why but it was easier for me that way. Also, I think the magnets can get shifted to one side and need reset in a way. You might want to get advice about that if you think that could be the case.

I have noticed if you dont get it to float in the first minute you should wait 10 mins or so for things to cool down I have never been able to get it to float if I failed in the first minute
That’s interesting. Well, I did eventually get it to float..,once! I thought I had figured it out a bit, took it off for a few hours since I was going out, went back to try to do it again and have basically failed for another hour since.

Instead of imagining placing it in a donut hole, it helped me to envision what I would call a peg. And then hanging it on the peg. Don't know why but it was easier for me that way. Also, I think the magnets can get shifted to one side and need reset in a way. You might want to get advice about that if you think that could be the case.
How could they shift and how would I reset them if they did?

The most common issue is that people don't lower the ball down far enough.
There's the x and y axis that you have to be centered over, but the most important thing is how the ball is tilted.
You can be perfectly centered over the base but if the ball is tilted at all, it will jump to one side instead of floating.
The trick is to place it down (centered over the base) as if you're going to lower it all the way down onto the base so that it's touching.
And if it tries to jump to one side, tilt the top of the ball toward the direction it jumped, just a tiny bit. There's this point where you're holding it right at that point of failure but not letting it fall, and you're rotating the ball to compensate for that pull until it stops pulling.
Then, you slowly pull your hands away.
If you continue having trouble, I've had people send me videos to critique their technique and also a couple of facetime calls.
Of the hundreds I've made, I had 2 people give up and send them back, and I opened them up and floated both of them immediately haha.
So it really is kind of forgetting what you think you learned about it and trying different things until you just figure it out. It takes very slow, subtle movements. Hard to explain with words.

Message me if you need further help.

So in the limited time I've been able to get this to work (twice!) since yesterday, I have come to find that there is a certain "click" that has to be heard in order to know where the right spot is and whether things are working as intended. It's a very subtle, yet audible noise. At times when trying to place it I have not heard the click if I've been attempting for over 5 minutes, so I either turned it off completely for half an hour or so or I did what I did this last time and moved the ball around the perimeter while magnetized to the base to sort of reset the magnets/"pull them outwards" and make sure they were pulling their own way.

Well immediately after I did that, I started to hear the click again and then I got it floating only a couple of tries afterwards. I'm not saying that's the trick, but so far that's what has worked for me after trying again for a couple of hours last night and a couple more today.

As of right now, it's floating for a while haha.

are you still putting these kits together? if you have a mailing list put me on it please!! Ive made two training remotes from scratch using plastruct balls and resin parts and I can get them to look good w/ wireless lighting but I just CAN NOT get the floating to work. unless I just got 2 bad floating devices in a row. idk tired of messing with them. i want yours lol

Never had any issues with mine, there's definitely a sweet spot when setting it up. I also find it's helpful to give it just the lightest of spin when letting go. Good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back