First time sculpt - Batman Cowl (WIP)

Very nice, and great job for a first sculpt! Personal preference would probably have me slimming down the ears a little, they're looking almost catwoman-esque at the base.

I took in your suggestions and slimmed down both the ears and the sides. It's not a major update, but what do you guys think?
2013-02-10_20-49-20_836_zps1cf6fc55.jpg

2013-02-10_20-49-33_88_zps7e408cb4.jpg

Are you going to do the neck like in the cgi rendering? It's definitely one of my favorite parts. Looks awesome so far. Keep it up

I would like a cast of this. I like this over the new cowls in the dark knight trilogy

I'm flattered that somebody actually wants my work! :lol I'll have to wait until this snow melts and the weather warms up to cast it though. Hopefully by then I'll have the finishing touches completed. If the run of cowls goes according to plan, I'm hoping to offer these at a budget friendly price. I'll be sure to give you a shout when I get to that point!

Hey everyone!
Just thought I would share an update with you guys. I've been working on smoothing out my clay
with my fingers and a hair dryer. It still needs some more work, but I think it's getting closer! Tell
me what you think! I also played around with the lighting on some of these shots. I think a few of them look pretty cool.
Pictures :

Thanks buddy. Would you still be interested in a casting? I'll put up an interest thread in the junkyard once I get my personal copy done. I only have a gallon of latex, so I'd need to order some more if others were interested.

Depending on the price I would be interested as well. I think the chin guard is the best part of the design. I'd be curious if that little point would hurt as it went into your lip... I know you are getting far in your build so this is just a suggestion, but in the picture of the back of the head the neck looks kind of thick. Overall great job man. I don't know if you have nostril holes but those would be great as well.

Depending on the price I would be interested as well. I think the chin guard is the best part of the design. I'd be curious if that little point would hurt as it went into your lip... I know you are getting far in your build so this is just a suggestion, but in the picture of the back of the head the neck looks kind of thick. Overall great job man. I don't know if you have nostril holes but those would be great as well.

Well, if I can get 4 or 5 people that are fully committed, I'm hoping to price these around $80 per cowl. I think that's pretty reasonable.
I think you're right about the point being painful. I'll round that out later. The neck will have to stay that size, or it will be very difficult to put the cowl on. Your head has to pass through that area.
As for nostril holes, those will have to be added once it's cast in latex. You simply have to trim the area with an xacto knife.

Thanks for the info, that is a fantastic price and your point on the neck makes a lot of sense :) I'd personally like to see the finished product before committing to a purchase, some of these look awesome as clay sculptures but turn out poorly after casting the mold.

Thanks for the info, that is a fantastic price and your point on the neck makes a lot of sense :) I'd personally like to see the finished product before committing to a purchase, some of these look awesome as clay sculptures but turn out poorly after casting the mold.

The plan is to make my personal copy before I sell any cowls to others. I have enough latex here to make my own copy. If it turns out nicely and people are still interested, I'll order more latex. You'll be able to see the final product before you commit any money. :)

Chin guards look neat, but if you're trying to do a run of these, I'd lose it. It's not going to fit a wide variety of faces snugly, so interest may be lowered out of caution. Just a thought.

Best of luck with the molding.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back