Firefly - Wash's Dinosaurs?

gah, why are there so many variations in these dang things. lol, i mena do you think the leg could easily be heated up without damage and repositioned?

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jul 3 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]1273411[/snapback]</div>
gah, why are there so many variations in these dang things. lol, i mena do you think the leg could easily be heated up without damage and repositioned?
[/b]
It's a totally different shape. The red one has a straight leg and the other one that I have has a bent leg like on the show. I don't think it can be bent since they are so different. See below...

washyesno0vq.jpg

I'm so sorry, I feel like an ass. :cry

-G

I MAY have one of them...

maybe012az.jpg

And once again, only the name and "MADE IN CHINA". Name: Ankylosaurus. There is a "© 1999" but no manufacturer.

-G

looks pretty good. As for the other one yeah, the leg is a bit different...but the first thing i noticed was the size of the scales under the neck, and the tail length seemed a bit different... either way, at least youve got that first one you could still cast, that one is definetly spot on. So close. ><

I'm dropping the Stegosaurus and Ceratosaurus off at Scott's after work today to be cast. He should have some available at CONvergence this weekend.

They come out ok, look for an interest thread in the next few days.

-G

Just got my Stego in and looks pretty dead on to me,maybe some slight differences in the legs, but nothing huge that i can see, just needs a paintjob. Has the same stuff on the belly as yours, Made in China, Stegosaurus.

steg3.jpg

steg2.jpg

steg1.jpg

unfortunatly, ebay, just a random auction with dinosaur toys. =\ I could ask the seller where they got it, but theyll probably tell me a garage sale or flea market.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kylash327 @ Jul 10 2006, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1278185[/snapback]</div>

To me it looks like that one isn't quite right. His front leg seems shorter, the shoulder area is different on it. Also the wide scales on it's stomach don't look like they go as far up it's neck as on Wash's. The rear leg looks like it has more muscle definition on the hip than Wash's. It is a nice close one no doubt though.

I'm checking a lead on the "made in China"/belly seam ones.

I'll try and let you know later today - if not, then early next week.

David

Sadly, they were not the right kind.

But, for a $1 each, I picked up a pair anyways - they'll always do in a pinch.

David

Sorry to hear that David. At least the price was right.

My castings will be available soon (I know, I said that already). See post in the Junkyard and PM me with questions.

-G

1270673[/snapback]</div>
Here's a repost of my info over on the ssdesigner.com forums. There's a bit of info here spread out, so I thought I'd consolidate.

There is a total of 5 dinosaurs and one plastic tree:

1) Stegosaurus - Blue, not red version which has incorrect feet. I believe this was painted for the show. I have one of these with another on the way. It can be seen HERE. Only markings are "STEGOSAURUS MADE IN CHINA". This will be cast and for sale soon.

2) Ceratosaurus - Red/Green. I believe this was painted for the show. I have one of these, and can be seen HERE. This seems to be more rare than the Stegosaurus, as I've only found (and obtained) one so far. Only markings are "CERATOSAURUS MADE IN CHINA". This will be cast and for sale soon.
- G[/b]

OK, I have an update on this.

Following the lead of many people here, I stopped into a Walgreens the other day and lo and behold, walked out 5 minutes later with Wash's Stegosaurus. Unfortunately, I did not find the Ceratosaurus as others have]Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in our Jurassic II Dinosaurs. We have a minimum order of $300.00 plus shipping. The dinosaurs come in a case pack of 36 @ $1.75/each equaling $63.00
[/b]

Of course, I could scour the earth for the Ceratosaurus at the stores listed, but I'd really rather just click a button, and have them show up @ my house.

So, if anyone else out there is in the same boat as me, and wouldn't mind snagging some spare dinos for your wee ones. I will gladly head this up and place the order. I will e-mail her again if there is interest, and make sure the Ceratosaurus is included as well as the Stego. I for one am not as interested in Wash's other dinos, but I really want the two iconic dinos from the "Serenity" pilot.

It wasn't quite as much fun on the drive home using my left hand as the Ceratosaurus while reenacting the scene with the Stego in my right :D .

id make sure the Ceratosaurus is correct before ordering that many :p Some pics of the Walgreens Stego would be cool, is the color right?

The Stego is blue, but they were repainted for the show according to the Firefly Visual Guide. The Stego is accurate to the ones shown in the screencaps. I'll take a pic of him this afternoon and scan in the tag as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back