FINISHED Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR)

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *NEW CHAMBER PICS

Hey guys,

Today is such a bittersweet day...

I took a gamble and decided to order the Yellow 12 W LED from Saberforge. After almost 4 weeks of waiting, I finally received the LED. It was a miracle that it came on a Friday, and I was very excited to get it wired up to see this baby shine!

Alas, today was not my day. It appears that the color mixing was not done properly, and I ended up with this...

A lime green blade.

Let's just say that I'm not exactly happy with Saberforge, and I proceeded to send them a very strongly worded email, demanding a refund or the correct product.

Now, I'm sure that I could fix this myself. It's just a matter of re-configuring the resistors to allow the yellow to be brighter and assume the fuller blade color. However, I don't want to attempt to tamper with it in case it "voids the product" in the minds of the seller, and then I'm stuck with this thing and wasting my money.

Soon I'll update this again. I'm taking a week long vacation starting tomorrow so I'll try not to think about it too much. :p

Here's a quick video that I threw together after deciding that I would test the new soundboard. I'm using a Nano V3 and a CR123 3 V battery to power the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *NOW VIDEOS!!

So, I couldn't resist (aaah circuit puns) and I decided to do it myself. I cut it all open and decided to fix this problem myself.

I started messing around with different resistor set ups, and at first I ended up with this.

That wasn't right :p So I switched it all around, and started over. Finally, I got this

Better! I knew I could get this to wok!

So then I soldered a used 3 V and used double A battery together, which hopefully was pushing around 4 V. I don't have a multimeter so no way to check :p I added an accent LED in parallel to see how it would look.

Wow, way better!

I'm happy with the progress so far. It feels good to know I turned a semi annoying situation into a good one. :)

Re: Arcann/Thexan Lightsaber (SWTOR) *FIXED IT!

The prop nerd in me is so blown away by your skills.

The parent in me wants you to put a damn fitted sheet on your bed you savage.

The prop nerd in me is so blown away by your skills.

The parent in me wants you to put a damn fitted sheet on your bed you savage.

Haha! I had taken them off yesterday to do some laundry, then after such a long day of soldering and fixing this junk I just said screw it and went to bed :p I use my blanket as a sheet anyways, since there's no AC in our building so there's no need for any kind of layers.

Ok I haven't updated in a long time, but I've been busy, and my main focus has been trying to get all of the blade plug situation done with since we're now on our shipping process! But that's a different thread... Right now I've done some small work on the Arcann saber.

So here I worked out most of the striations from the printing process and painted the saber with a simple black and silver scheme as indicated by the game and trailer.

I like it, don't get me wrong, but I just can't help but feel... I guess the word is "dissapointed?" Since it's a print, it just looks very plastic and not real to me... maybe I'm spoiled by collection of sabers that are made of actual vintage materials and I'm too used to the feel of metal and the shine of it in the light...

Sigh...

Anyways, I just can't exactly "love" it yet. Maybe its just the disgusting yellow lighting in my barracks room :p So I took it with my Arcann mask that I'm in the process of doing a second run of for my own personal collection (since I gifted my last one to Schrodinger555) and went looking for a better light source. Lucky for me, I live in a desert where the sun shines almost non stop, so I merely had to step out my door.

There we go. That looks way better :) Still, not exactly right though. Well, I'll get to work on that hopefully. More updates to come in the future, guys! Thanks!

This is a awesome work. Bravo sir!

If you're still possibly interested in doing a metal run, I'd love to hear from you. I've been super busy and haven't had much time to PM people for personal projects, but after browsing through the Project Runs and seeing the CNC'd Kylo Ren saber being able to be done for $450, it kind of renewed my hope to getting a metal version of this bad boy going. Let me know what you think!

That's why I always take a shot out in the sun too. Can make a huge difference.

Yeah it really can. Plus the sand and rocks around here make for interesting display options in my photos!

Just finishing up the second mask now, and will be adding more photos tomorrow once the sun is out again!

It's almost all done! I've got mask #2 done, and soon the chamber for this saber will be here. Then, a nice display and possibly a little plaque, and it'll finally be complete!

Here it is! It's basically finished now!

The only thing now is, I might want to cast them in aluminum so that I can have a more metallic like object, something that looks less 3D printed. We'll see how that goes!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back