Limited Run FIFTH ELEMENT - Korben Dallas Trophies

I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Zorg had my trophies posted in record time. I was shocked how quickly it went from Scotland to Los Angeles. Next stop, my mail box.

THANK ZORG!!! As always, outstanding communication and service.

Cheers,

Ted.

THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!!! On par with your shipping and customer service. Thanks ZORG!!!

Quality resin, excellent casting (I don't see any air bubbles) and the metal bit to help hold the base to the top / round part is the mark of quality work. A few minutes with sandpaper to clean up the MINIMAL seam lines, quick wash in soapy water and these will be ready to paint.

Cheers,

Ted.

I love the fifth element and all the ships/costume design. Korben's trophies, barely getting any screen time and not being a major plot piece, never struck me as particularly interesting or as something I wanted for the ol' shelf. They're very nice replicas no doubt, but to me its similar to if someone did a replica of, say, the police bodybags. They're neat on their own but not iconic - they'll take up space and people will always be asking what they're from and why I have them. I think your price is good for the castings, its just personally the subject doesn't strike a chord, so even if they were free, I'd really have to think about it. Again not meaning any disrespect, just giving the feedback you asked for. I have the same problem or worse with many of my own offerings. And I'm just one guy. If somebody were a trophy collector, or truly a completist for TFE memorabilia it would be a no brainer.

Thanks for feedback, I agree they are not iconic but a lot of the iconic stuff is available that was my reason for producing them, to enhance and increase the 5th element collection of fans, its no more iconic than the mangalore grenade, both were on screen front and centre, I have a tradition of producing what is not available and my customers love that, I am proudly going to continue this with future releases,

Or maybe I should start making stormtrooper helmets or lightsaber hilts just to keep the masses happy :lol

Cheers

The trophies arrived, & they are fantastic! The castings are wonderful, the details sharp, & the weight & feel of them is great.

Once again, thank you sir :cheers

Totally respect the making a niche in obscure replicas thing. It's awesome that they're available and done well, for those buyers. Maybe there's an obscure lightsaber you could do? ;)

A real cash grab between obscure interesting things! :angel All the best.

I love the fifth element and all the ships/costume design. Korben's trophies, barely getting any screen time and not being a major plot piece, never struck me as particularly interesting or as something I wanted for the ol' shelf. They're very nice replicas no doubt, but to me its similar to if someone did a replica of, say, the police bodybags. They're neat on their own but not iconic - they'll take up space and people will always be asking what they're from and why I have them. I think your price is good for the castings, its just personally the subject doesn't strike a chord, so even if they were free, I'd really have to think about it. Again not meaning any disrespect, just giving the feedback you asked for. I have the same problem or worse with many of my own offerings. And I'm just one guy. If somebody were a trophy collector, or truly a completist for TFE memorabilia it would be a no brainer.

I love the obscure stuff. And the trophies actually had an important role as a plot point. That's how I look at it. I'd even snatch up the president's phone or Zorg's door bomb if someone did a run. It's probably the same reason I don't collect Star Wars props - there's so much out there.

You probably think i didn't notice the upper case M in the above post......well that is where your are wrong!

i knew about it the whole time hahahaha

i was totally messing with you..........what did you call me? you don't know me!, you don't know me!

so i have some of these left ok.

I'm crap at finishing kits - still have one of your Leeloo hand kits sitting waiting for me to find someone to finish it, but these are too good to pass up and hopefully easy to complete, if they are still available.

Shipping to Singapore?

I just used a bright gold car aerosol from halfords, I then used a satin varnish on top but it really dulled it down so I would miss that stage out next time. I used a dark brown oil paint for in the nooks n crannies. Hope this helps

Z

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back