Unlimited Run Mondoshawan Key - The fifth element

So the unweathered version seems to have the natural-colored solder holding it together? Are you sure that's movie-accurate? I believe the Propstore version shows the natural color of the soldering only because it has aged quite a bit.

Hard to tell from movie captures, but below are a couple examples.

So my question is, is there a version of this you will offer that is fully brass in color?

Thanks!

1673067149749.png

1673067196224.png

So the unweathered version seems to have the natural-colored solder holding it together? Are you sure that's movie-accurate? I believe the Propstore version shows the natural color of the soldering only because it has aged quite a bit.

Hard to tell from movie captures, but below are a couple examples.

So my question is, is there a version of this you will offer that is fully brass in color?

Thanks!

View attachment 1655410

View attachment 1655411

Hi Astyanax,
As you noted, my keys are based on the Propstore versions as they are the clearer references we have. For me, the images from the film are probably not precise enough to see the difference in hue from the solder and those details could very well be lost in the compression.
I did a lot of research on brass soldering in jewelry, especially for my Wonder Woman brass tiara project.
There is a very recently released gold solder for brass, but it is still extremely hard to find. But this solder did not exist when the film was released. Moreover, it must be heated to a much higher temperature than pewter, which would damage the fins (I cannot solder them with a blowtorch because the heat is already too high and deforms and melts them).

We spoke with eethan and we think two things could have been done for the film:
-first, just a stroke of gold marker to hide the solder a little, but there is no trace of it on the Propstore photos even though it is in the least manipulable place of the key
-or, the key could have undergone a gold plating, but likewise, there is no trace of it and an altered plating is very visible.

So, for us, the most likely thing is that we don't see the solders on screen because of the image quality. But this is just our interpretation of course! :)

I hope this answers your question :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back