Fieldmarshal Basic Painted Denix ANH DL-44 Hero

Matthew Gresham

I bought the blaster factory basic denix painted anh hero dl-44 kit and I know I need to replace the screws with the correct brass screws to make them accurate but what are some other things that can be approved upon or changed for better screen accuracy? I have zero knowledge or skill in any kind of machining nor do I have any sort of machining tools but what can be done without needing fancy equipment to improve upon it?

It's all very subjective because it depends on what's important to you and what meets accuracy to you personally. The most important first step is to work on the body of the Denix and sharpen the details. Reforming the trigger is also very important and all of this can be achieved without machines but with a lot of elbow grease..

There are plenty of threads on creating the DL-44:

@chubsANDdoggers has some terrific mods he has done for his series of blasters such at the mod at the foot of this page:

It's all very subjective because it depends on what's important to you and what meets accuracy to you personally. The most important first step is to work on the body of the Denix and sharpen the details. Reforming the trigger is also very important and all of this can be achieved without machines but with a lot of elbow grease..

There are plenty of threads on creating the DL-44:

@chubsANDdoggers has some terrific mods he has done for his series of blasters such at the mod at the foot of this page:
I was also a bit confused because I saw that there are separate listings for the barrel greeblies and stuff so I wasn't sure if I need to buy anything separately to complete the kit or if it comes with all the pieces. I know I'm gonna buy the brass screw upgrades but wasn't really sure about the rest

As mentioned above, what is accurate to one person may not be the same to you. I went down this rabbit hole and ended up with something I was pleased and satisfied with....especially since it was my first blaster build. I referenced many of the great threads on the RPF and decided what I was willing and capable of doing. Best of luck and have fun with it.

Solo's ANH Hero Blaster (Todd's DL-44 Full Kit) 2017/2018

Honestly it’s hard to say what one should or shouldn’t do. But a good place to start would be my shapeways page since your asking. Also this blaster was also built with a basic denix but highly modified. Some small, some large..

4747C88D-D94C-4068-A8C8-EFAC1AFF500E.jpeg
7A022A7D-C565-4199-9EA2-BE6BF11C0FC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly it’s hard to say what one should or shouldn’t do. But a good place to start would be my shapeways page since your asking. Also this blaster was also built with a basic denix but highly modified. Some small, some large..

View attachment 1415913View attachment 1415918
Can you tell me exactly WHAT "Modifications" you made to the Denix Mauser?

Thanks.

Joe

Can you tell me exactly WHAT "Modifications" you made to the Denix Mauser?

Thanks.

Joe
Its hard to explain it this way honestly because it this attention to detail that is so easily lost in translation. Best bet is to look at this post #552 and look at all the "silver" that has been sanded down. Notice all the raw unpainted parts like the trigger/hammer/lockframe/extraction mark that have all been added or subbed in. My instagram page was recently flagged so that resource is now gone which really could have helped answer your questions as I had many posts relating to this question specifically. But this post should help steer you in the right direction. I dont want to highjack this thread so if you have anymore questions you might best ask me there maybe? Cheers!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back