I went ahead and drilled out the small holes for the mate-n-lok connectors and then dyed them black.

7AD62E47-64E3-495C-ABEC-8D1F5F2BE5B0.jpeg

well thanks, that seems pretty scary but now I want to try it, seems more robust and more realistic than paint. cheers

well thanks, that seems pretty scary but now I want to try it, seems more robust and more realistic than paint. cheers

Yes it's great for the weathering process. I still painted them a matching flat black along with the scope and mounts on top of the dye, but when you weather it you get two different tones of black and it looks more realistic and faded.

Are those pipe clamps still MIA? I notice you went with the wire around the protruding bolts... such a weird area on the prop

This I believe is the very second fully accurate (as far as ID’d parts, with the first being the ESB Hero) EE-3 that I have ever seen and it is AWESOME!

Haha thanks man! Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen one either, with every Id'd accurate found part that is. I think with the combination of an actual Webley flare gun, a large B-port MPP micro flash, and (4) elusive LMK am plugs, makes this one of the most difficult blaster builds to accurately replicate.

She looks beautiful dude! So glad it all came together for you

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Are those pipe clamps still MIA? I notice you went with the wire around the protruding bolts... such a weird area on the prop

Yes, accurate matching pipe clamps have still yet to be identified to my knowledge. Some I have seen are close but still not accurate. I wonder if actual pipe clamps were modified.

I love the wire around the bolts! I had to double wrap it instead of single wrapping but I plan to re-do this with a welded wire and complete circuit fitted perfectly for the bolts.

Fettastic job on the weathering, man! Restrained and accurate.

I'm also curious how you handled the front one with the clamp bolted around the barrel.

I think with the combination of an actual Webley flare gun, a large B-port MPP micro flash, and (4) elusive LMK am plugs, makes this one of the most difficult blaster builds to accurately replicate.

Yeah, I foresee that a real large B-port MPP and four LMK plugs are going to hold me back from an authentic found parts build. Meh, maybe I should just focus on Bossk's Relby instead. ;)

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

Yes, accurate matching pipe clamps have still yet to be identified to my knowledge. Some I have seen are close but still not accurate. I wonder if actual pipe clamps were modified.

I love the wire around the bolts! I had to double wrap it instead of single wrapping but I plan to re-do this with a welded wire and complete circuit fitted perfectly for the bolts.
Anytime dude! I may be revising the design on the front clip a little more too down the line depending on how I ultimately think the screws are in there. I'm starting to think it actually requires drilling into the MPP tube (which is obviously kinda scary af). I'll keep ya in the loop if I end up doing so. It's funky as hell for sure. lmk if you end up needing more welding wire!

Yeah, I foresee that a real large B-port MPP and four LMK plugs are going to hold me back from an authentic found parts build. Meh, maybe I should just focus on Bossk's Relby instead. ;)
The feels on the MPP... Even if I could find one idk if I could bring myself to start drilling holes in the damn thing just going off "what if's" :eek:

Fettastic job on the weathering, man! Restrained and accurate.

I'm also curious how you handled the front one with the clamp bolted around the barrel.

What!?!? Do you have a real Webley Schermuly Riot Gun!?! That's impressive! Definitely on my build list.

What!?!? Do you have a real Webley Schermuly Riot Gun!?! That's impressive! Definitely on my build list.

Well, I was trying to be funny and raise the stakes by mentioning an even more near impossible found parts blaster build. I believe only OdiWan72 and one other person actually own Schermuly-riot-gun-based replicas. But I do own a Schermuly flare pistol, plus some real parts and replica resin pieces from OdiWan72's Relby kit.

Last edited:
Here's the progression of this last attempt at painting my printed stock. Sorry for all the pics, I should probably put these in my thread, but you asked for pics, so I'll put them here. ;)
View attachment 980311 View attachment 980312 View attachment 980313 View attachment 980314 View attachment 980315 View attachment 980316 View attachment 980317 View attachment 980318 View attachment 980319 View attachment 980320 View attachment 980321 View attachment 980322 View attachment 980323 View attachment 980324

I believe that's 3 passes with various brown washes, and a touch of some highlights at the very end.

It may have been fine after that second pass, though. I just don't know when to stop, it seems!!
This is 3d printed?! That paint work is outstanding. I can’t paint wood at all. That’s beautiful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back