Female Shistavanen Sith Rogue

No, I'm alive, lol, I just went dormant because I ran out of money to competely do anything further. I finally ordered my claws for her hand-paws and the feet so I'm just waiting on them. Then I'll probably go dormant again until I get more funds to buy the leggins I need to build the legs on. Oy, this costume is taking much longer than I originally wanted it too. :( But, sometimes you can't help it. I mean, I could have had this built within a month or two. Maybe three. But nope! Money money money, lol.
Boy do I know all about money issues. Costuming is not a cheap hobby and boy have I learned that the hard way more times than I can count. x.x

It seems like costumes always take longer than you think they would, too. I should have been able to finish my Jedi costume in two or three months... And yet it took me almost two years to finally get it completed. I finally got it finished about a month ago... Boy that felt good. XD

Boy do I know all about money issues. Costuming is not a cheap hobby and boy have I learned that the hard way more times than I can count. x.x

It seems like costumes always take longer than you think they would, too. I should have been able to finish my Jedi costume in two or three months... And yet it took me almost two years to finally get it completed. I finally got it finished about a month ago... Boy that felt good. XD

Oh, I'm sure it was a relief! You could finally bask in the glory of your new costume, but not new costume because it was in PENDING for the past 2 years awaiting completion, lol. Yes, this costume might be finished within the next two months, though or less. My bro is in the hospital and I'm usually taking care of him. He has renal failure so I was watching him everyday and feeding him and making sure he's not half dead or dead dead when he comes home from dialysis every other day. Now that he's well taken care of in there, I'm using this time to myself, when I'm not visiting, to take care of this project before he comes home. I'm the only one that can care for him, so, most likely, I'll be back on the clock even more intensely. I'm using this as motivation to not talk myself out of completing it.

At this pace, if I can complete it within the next few days, all I will need to do ,is buy the leggings for the legs and then that will be all I need. Oh, and a tail, lol.

!!!!Here's a new update!!!!!
14EE49B0-B6E6-4625-84A2-FDB76B4B12C1_zps9ang7ewf.jpg

Eesh, I'm sorry to hear about your brother, that's never good. That must be tough. My uncle goes in for dialysis three times a week so I know how rough that can be. Here's hoping that you brother will improve!

Eesh, I'm sorry to hear about your brother, that's never good. That must be tough. My uncle goes in for dialysis three times a week so I know how rough that can be. Here's hoping that you brother will improve!

Thanks! He's got worse, though, since the last post. They are transporting him to another hospital so he could maybe have surgery if it just goes any further downhill. We're praying our butts off for his speedy recovery.

Here's a few more updates. I finished both feet and now, one hand-paw.

223AAF6E-523D-4169-8C3F-2D944917CB8D_zpsdp0wzuf2.jpg

1D23E881-926E-4E16-B116-67F91CEA8F19_zpse35coibu.jpg

13D313EB-7540-4230-9BDB-93635931F82B_zpserwefqh1.jpg

0E27A1C5-8B21-48BF-94A2-AD5B8785B6CB_zpsrzsbhs3p.jpg

C5B0FCDD-4D98-463C-9BEC-46F78457625D_zpsr2n8kdju.jpg

Eesh, that's definitely not good. But the hospital is probably the best place for him right now. If he needs to help the hospital is best for him... I've learned that myself with my uncle. >>

But it looks like the paws came out pretty well. Nice job. :)

I've got arm sleeves and the claws installed, now. Hope you guys like! The only thing I need is to do the legs. The tail is really optional, but I had intention for it. Shistavanen's don't usually have tails, but I can't have a furry anthro with no tail, it makes no sense if you have fur on your tucus and no tail so she gets a tail. It will be last because its the easiest thing I could possibly make on this whole costume. I have a week with the brother in the hospital from now, just about. If I have enough money in the bank, I think I'm going to go for it, if I can. I hope I can, I really do.

A75E4C65-457C-44BE-B6E1-1E487933CC1C_zpsukqhkjey.jpg

B8FB688E-3AE6-49BF-AABF-A5983216F9F9_zpsfjmmwpsg.jpg

850ECADB-DD2A-46CA-B692-82B05C16A742_zpswugsccp9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with theses chracters is no one knows them. Well at least the general public I know from comic cons u have to go in to extended conversation about who they are and what they are etc. I hate that part.

The problem with theses chracters is no one knows them. Well at least the general public I know from comic cons u have to go in to extended conversation about who they are and what they are etc. I hate that part.

I haven't got too tired of that yet. I know that's just part of being an original or a character that most of the original fans don't remember unless they read the books, collected the toys or rewatched the ORIGINAL unaltered movies.

This is a talking character, so she should be easy to educate the infidels on her purpose, background and what she stands for, lol. In character 100 percent of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, the same is true for most Star Wars costumes. Unless you're a face character from the movies that had a lot of screen time or you're a stormtrooper, most of the general public wont know who the heck you're dressed as. Even TIE pilots are often thought to be Darth Vader, and I've seen more than one person who had no idea what a scout trooper was. When I'm in by B-wing pilot costume no one knows what I am other than some weirdo in a red flightsuit. I've been called a ghostbuster, Santa Claus and even a Nazi (I'm still trying to figure out the last one)... I don't let it bother me. Doesn't make the costume any less enjoyable to wear.

Anyhow... Looks like things are coming along well, SheKing! Nice job, looking good! Though yeah, I've never seen a Shistavanen with a tail. :p

Well, except for that little black Shistavanen that's watching you in your video. Or is that a young Codru-Ji? XD

Eh, the same is true for most Star Wars costumes. Unless you're a face character from the movies that had a lot of screen time or you're a stormtrooper, most of the general public wont know who the heck you're dressed as. Even TIE pilots are often thought to be Darth Vader, and I've seen more than one person who had no idea what a scout trooper was. When I'm in by B-wing pilot costume no one knows what I am other than some weirdo in a red flightsuit. I've been called a ghostbuster, Santa Claus and even a Nazi (I'm still trying to figure out the last one)... I don't let it bother me. Doesn't make the costume any less enjoyable to wear.

Anyhow... Looks like things are coming along well, SheKing! Nice job, looking good! Though yeah, I've never seen a Shistavanen with a tail. :p

Well, except for that little black Shistavanen that's watching you in your video. Or is that a young Codru-Ji? XD

My tauntaun has been called, santa clause, easter bunny, ram, goat, sheep, and a unicorn. Don't understand the easter bunny one, but I think her white fur might confuse people. I plan to make another tauntaun with the appropriate fur color this summer so people can have an easier time recalling what a tauntaun is when they see him.

Yeah ,it doesn't make it any less enjoyable, but I enjoy explaining what I am, of course if someone asks me what I am. I'll go up to other costumers and ask them what made them choose their particular character they had chosen to cosplay as. I don't mind.

Lol, what is a codru-ji? Is it a another fuzzy creature I should be interested in? He's my dog-dog of course! Big-little stinker though. He can be stinky at times. His farts are like bombs going off, whew!

FINISHED WITH THE FURSUIT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's what you guys have been waiting for. I really fancy the digilegs, the most on all of my costumes. I hold them close to my heart, I really do.

This is not the COMPLETE COSTUME, but the FURSUIT, the fuzzy critter part, is FINALLY finished.

There are some minor adjustments that need to be made to the legs, but after two days of working on the legs alone, stressing myself out and fretting about getting them done, let alone, getting them to look right, I'm going to take a break and work the tail portion of the suit, later and the other parts of the costume.

You guys have no idea how RELIEVED I am that this is done. I had so much trouble figuring out the legs. I spent like FOUR hours trying to figure out where I went wrong. The crotch seam was off to one side, causing the right leg to be too short, with excess fabric. After sewing a WHOLE leg, the left leg, I had to seam rip the whole thing and resew that one, along with the right one. But, its done.

This fur was THICK, and heavy. Nice quality fur. However, the sewing machine complains about it quite a bit and either pouts by breaking its thread ,REPEATEDLY, or makes loud clicking noises because the layer of fur is too thick for its foot to pass over. I didn't let it whine too much though. It made it through the torture i put it through and with no thread breakage, mind you.

As I say in the video, I think I might ask, for once, for a donation of choice towards my lightsaber. Its the only thing this costume is waiting on, besides the cloak being finished.

IF you guys are feeling generous, I don't mind how much you donate, I would just appreciate some help. My budget of 30 dollars a month when I have to use part of it to buy medicines and then the rest on clothes or my costume can only do so much. I've seen other people put their situation out there. I think I'll do it. I always felt ashamed to do, that, but at this point, I could use the extra boost.

I might aim for at least, 100 dollars just to ensure I can cover the shipping cost and everything of the hilt and a standard blade.

The saber hilt is a basic hilt, I plan to turn it into a tauntaun horn with apoxie sculpting clay, so I'm getting the least expensive one on the market from SaberForge, I think it is.

Thank you guys so much for your enthusiasm on this costume. I will continue to keep this thread alive, so this is NOT the end. Not yet. Vauchryn has a lot more stalking, killing, and conjuring to do with herself, yet.

I need to post a video of the cloak so you guys can see how darned gorgeous this thing is!

Here's my paypal for donations. Your generosity is appreciated!

jhatonna@fuzzybunsofsteel.com

With the fursuit complete, I will start to work on my voice and character while standing in front of the mirror. I was doing that all ready, but now that I have more to look at, I can get a better idea of how to act and carry myself.

<span style="color: rgb(252, 247, 247); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 5);">

My tauntaun has been called, santa clause, easter bunny, ram, goat, sheep, and a unicorn. Don't understand the easter bunny one, but I think her white fur might confuse people. I plan to make another tauntaun with the appropriate fur color this summer so people can have an easier time recalling what a tauntaun is when they see him.

Yeah ,it doesn't make it any less enjoyable, but I enjoy explaining what I am, of course if someone asks me what I am. I'll go up to other costumers and ask them what made them choose their particular character they had chosen to cosplay as. I don't mind.

Lol, what is a codru-ji? Is it a another fuzzy creature I should be interested in? He's my dog-dog of course! Big-little stinker though. He can be stinky at times. His farts are like bombs going off, whew!

How does a tauntaun look like Santa Claus...? XD

I don't really mind explaining what my costume is, either. Though unless the person I'm talking to knows Star Wars moderately well, they usually have no idea what a "B-wing" is, so even trying to explain it to them isn't usually very useful. I usually just end up telling them that I'm just a Rebel pilot and leaving it at that.

A Codru-Ji is another Star wars species. They look like humans with pointed ears and have four arms, but when they're young they look like wolves or dogs and walk on all fours (or, well, on all sixes). They somehow take on their human-like form when they reach adulthood.
Codru-Ji.JPG

Heh heh, it sounds like you have one interesting dog. :p I have cats myself. Three of them.

Congrats on getting the fur suit done. That must be a load off! I'm sure it turned out well. :)

Unfortunately I can't afford to donate anything to you, I've been pretty broke for quite a while now, but good luck on getting your lightsaber. Have you thought of just making a sink tube saber for the time being? You could definitely make one for under $30. Granted it would just be a hilt but it's something to hang on your belt.

How does a tauntaun look like Santa Claus...? XD

I don't really mind explaining what my costume is, either. Though unless the person I'm talking to knows Star Wars moderately well, they usually have no idea what a "B-wing" is, so even trying to explain it to them isn't usually very useful. I usually just end up telling them that I'm just a Rebel pilot and leaving it at that.

A Codru-Ji is another Star wars species. They look like humans with pointed ears and have four arms, but when they're young they look like wolves or dogs and walk on all fours (or, well, on all sixes). They somehow take on their human-like form when they reach adulthood.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060329211210/starwars/images/c/c6/Codru-Ji.JPG

Heh heh, it sounds like you have one interesting dog. :p I have cats myself. Three of them.

Congrats on getting the fur suit done. That must be a load off! I'm sure it turned out well. :)

Unfortunately I can't afford to donate anything to you, I've been pretty broke for quite a while now, but good luck on getting your lightsaber. Have you thought of just making a sink tube saber for the time being? You could definitely make one for under $30. Granted it would just be a hilt but it's something to hang on your belt.

I have on kitty and then the doggy. Oh, okay! Interesting how those creatures humanize as they get older. That makes me sad though ,they're kinda cute when they're babies, lol!

That's perfectly fine. You're enthusiasm, is payment-enough for me. It keeps me going when I can see people are actually interested in what I'm doing as much I as I am. Sometimes when people don't act interested I kinda get discouraged from trying to keep something going. :)

Yes, someone told me about a sink-tube saber and I'm going to go ahead and do that because that's all I really need. To finish the whole sith costume, I need about 50-60 dollars. I checked my paypal and nothing as of yet. Of course, I've only been dropping my paypal email in only five places. I don't really know how to promote myself, but I see other people do it all the time and even proffessionals that are all ready established get people donating to keep their stuff going. :/ Its kind of discouraging because I don't know where I should be, if I should be to start asking for help and I do NEED the help, I want to get better. :)

Hopefully, I get that amount or close to it, by the time my local comicon comes around in March. I've got the rest of this month and all of february. If you could spread the word, I would appreciate that very much :) I feel odd and out of place when I ask for help with something and its not life threatening, but like i said, people do it ALL the time and they get help. I figure, at this point, why can't I? I have the watchers and the fans to prove I've got something I'm doing right, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Very talented, most impressive! Do you ever sell your work?

Yes, I have one commission of a dragon animal costume someone paid me to do. Its a bit excessive with its features, but I can do it, I think. It will just take a couple of months of slow and steady work to try new stuff I haven't ever done before. Once that's done, I'll probably open up for commissions again. :)

I can't help you with how to get people to donate to you. I have no idea how one goes about it, really, though I'm sure it helps if you have a lot of followers. I've never done it myself, partly because I know no one would donate to me so I see no reason to bother with trying to do it, but I have seen some people do it.

Though definitely selling things would be a good option. I'm sure you'd be able to get more interest that way if you're selling something.

Do you have a Facebook page? I don't mind putting a link on my page, not that my page is all that active.

I can't help you with how to get people to donate to you. I have no idea how one goes about it, really, though I'm sure it helps if you have a lot of followers. I've never done it myself, partly because I know no one would donate to me so I see no reason to bother with trying to do it, but I have seen some people do it.

Though definitely selling things would be a good option. I'm sure you'd be able to get more interest that way if you're selling something.

Do you have a Facebook page? I don't mind putting a link on my page, not that my page is all that active.

I have my personal facebook page, but not a costume page, just yet, I feel weird making one. I have doubts and I don't think I'm really ready to maintain one XD I'm afraid I wouldnt' get likes or followers, but people tell me and compliment me all the time so maybe XD

VIDEO AND PICTURE UPDATE!

Cut some things down and now, you can see the tail. I'm going to edit the tail. It was sticking out when I first put it on for this shoot and then, I bent over and heard a pop. The seam that was making it do that broke, but was still in tact. Sooo, I will fix that and reinforce that puppy ,because i really liked it forced out like that. It looked very natural.

I'm going to remove or cover up the logo on the back of the belt. Maybe with a black sash or something spread over it. I don't know what I could use to get rid of it without damaging the belt. THis is a weight lifting belt and I have two of them. Both run about 80 to 90 dollars online and I found them for under ten dollars at an outlet store and a thrift store. I like their look and how wide they are. I like belts...I have A LOT of them. Mostly for costumes. No, not for THAT reason! C'mon now! Can't a girl like belts?

0B229444-5D3D-4E12-88C3-E5807D0EE6C0_zpsmexxffh9.jpg

4CBE2C6D-5BAE-45C3-937D-1ADD76020ED3_zpsffkzimnr.jpg

703338C1-3AB5-4F22-82D1-DC5603AE16AC_zpsxenngjzk.jpg

E1A7E43F-7806-4C23-8B08-548D2C614AEB_zps71dfpyxk.jpg

AE28E7C6-70F0-4744-A74B-B133AAEAA0D5_zpsna0cow9l.jpg

88A8A08D-158A-4E83-A915-F2D0AC187E4D_zps7v0600qc.jpg

FC183B62-02E0-4A56-8541-86CBAEAAA6F6_zps2xadienf.jpg

14824F13-FA02-4857-852A-F0C882712656_zpsebwbhbqp.jpg

Very nice job on the costume. Looks good to me. Nicely done! :)

I should really put together a fur suit some day, just for the heck of it. XD

As for the belt, why not put a big pouch on the back of it to cover the logo? Might look interesting to have a pouch or two on your belt, as the Jedi and Sith belts often had them. Well, Jedi more so than Sith, but still...

As for the Facebook costume page... Eh, it's not too difficult. I have one (along with a person page and one for my voice acting) and it doesn't have too many followers, around seventeen if I remember right, but it works. I update it roughly once a week or once every other week. I should probably update it more often than I do but I don't often have much to say... >>;

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back