Female Captain America

Ladydetemps

Jr Member
So I decided I wanted to do an avengers cosplay (not the 1960s show with john steed and emma peel) and one that didn't involve having to wear a wig. So I out of the two blonde characters I decided on captain america. Of course I had to put my own twist on it being a gal. I've taken inspiration from the suit he wears in the winter soldier as i prefer that shade of blue.

I appliqued the symbols onto a blue skater dress I found in a sale.
Then I decided I needed to reference the stripes somehow. Striped tights weren't doing it for me...just looked wrong. So then I realised I had the answer in my wardrobe.

A white and red striped top.
I'm still trying to decide on what belt to wear with it...might even just see if I can find a utility belt.

I also need to decide on shoes/boots.

I also started work on a shield. Can't afford to fork out for even a sledge. So I went to the 99p shop and found myself a shallow planter.

I used paper mache to cover the planter and smooth it down.

Next step I'm thinking of smothing it down with polyfilla then spray paint with silver.

Nice work I vote leave the shield as is the paper mache gives it a certain charm.

Just spray painted silver base colour.

Hmmmm....you can still see the underlying indentations.

and the inside paper mache is coming away from the planter.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm do you have a spare pair of glasses? Could you cast your cowel/mask around a spare pair?

I have an old pair from my previous pescription...but how would I do it?

Just spray painted silver base colour.
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/LDT2011/Comic book cosplay/DSCN6109_zpslp3mgfyi.jpg
Hmmmm....you can still see the underlying indentations.
http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/LDT2011/Comic book cosplay/DSCN6110_zpscvin0gdy.jpg
and the inside paper mache is coming away from the planter.
See I was right rustic paper mache was the way to go lol.

I have an old pair from my previous pescription...but how would I do it?
Sorry over to someone who has made a cowl before a little help please guys? :)

Oh and here is my latest element. Got my old stonewashed denim jacket and dyed it 'jeans blue' then stenciled on the logo using silver fabric paint and slightly unsteady hand.
DSCN6111.JPG

Did you get a cowl pattern?
When I made a cowl, I wrapped my head in paper towels and masking tape, drew the pattern and then cut it away for transfer to the leather.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back