Faora Hu-Ul Progress/Help Please

1184958_759943989274_1885792565_n.jpg1234370_759944158934_504102295_n.jpg

Okay people. Here it is! Just a quick pic that was taken while we waited for a friend to get dressed... and then another one with an awesome Bane! The armor was super fun to wear and I'll be wearing it WAY more (other cons and a photoshoot coming up).

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been so long but I'm about to start a build of General Zod's drop suit as well! I'm still considering doing a handful of commission suits of Faora since that suit it pretty much completed and wears nicely. After the first of the year I plan to take her apart and create the final templates as I make a version out of worbla or wonderflex (I haven't really decided). I'm not sure on commission costs yet and will know more once I actually have time to figure out how much material it will take to make an entire suit. I already have a few people interested and if this gets up and running I'll probably open about 5 slots at a time. Just giving you all a little update and I hope everyone is doing well!

- - - Updated - - -

Also if anyone knows of a Faora chest emblem, drop me a line. :)

The costume turned out great! You look like you are ready to do some damage! You look great!
I am happy I got to see it's building process. :)

Last edited:
Alrighty loves, it's that time again. I'm about halfway done with General Zod and a little less than two months out from Con... so my question for you all is... What is the best way to repaint my Faora armor. She looks great but I'd like to repaint her/have a new painting method for Zod when the time comes.

You all have never let me down, so gimme your answers :)

I'd have to go dig out the can, but I remember it was an exterior paint over a PVA seal. Also has a gloss finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been quite a while. But I wanted to post my repainted Faora armor and my completed General Zod that was worn at Dragon Con 2014.

10363973_10152300060640756_6307808836484373588_n.jpg tumblr_nb51hd3Yck1swwkj5o1_500.jpg 10592950_709231132447229_4378280214356560131_n.jpg

Just a few snapshots taken of us at the DC Comics Meetup.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413475044.975924.jpg

I wanted to share my favorite shot from Dragon Con 2014. If anyone knows this Superman and Wonder Woman, please let me know.

You did some great work here. I'm attempting to build a Faora costume for my wife. May I ask how you got the seems so clean when you glued the chest together?

When it came to the seams, I always kept one flat and the other cut at a 45 degree angle to lie flat against one another when glued. Other than that, lots of patience and pressure :). Feel free to pm me with ANY questions! I hope to rebuild this suit in a sintra/worbla combo :)

Just found this post as im doing a Jor El build and i plan to do a Faora build for my lady. You should be so proud. These costumes look so incredible and if you dont mind i'd like to use your costume as a reference point Natalia

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back