Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

You guys are doing some stellar work. Can't wait to see what else is to come :)

For the record, I'm Slytherin.

I took the Ilvermorny test a number of times, always getting a different result. I seem to have settled into Wampus though.

I'm still waiting for news of a Canadian school.

Question: So I've recently set up for a birthday/ Fantastic Beasts premiere party using a lot of decorations and props made from some of the amazing contributions done by members on this board.

If I wanted to share photos of how I've used them and additions I've made, would those be alright to post here or is there a different board more appropriate for that?

I just wanna show my appreciation for all the hard work everyone's done on here and how I've been inspired to use it and make my own. :) Thanks!

I'm also in Pukwudgie!

Kevin, thanks for that picture, we are in for a real treat, when the book comes out next week!

I am also Pukwudgie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that makes us fraternal brothers then?

Ravenclaw Here! I was originally sorted into Slytherin on Pottermore, but then I heard that you can get different results if you take the test more than once, so I made 4 four more accounts to test with, and got 3 Ravenclaw and one Hufflepuff- so I decided that meant I was a Ravenclaw, I kept a Ravenclaw account and deleted the others. I am a Wampus for ilvermorny, but I was surprised by my patronus: an Adder- Pottermore must think I cheated my way out of Slytherin!

I must get that Case of Beasts book- It looks awesome! Why isn't it 18th November yet!!!

I got an Otter, as in, do you think I really Otter?

Thanks, Lynx! So, you and Newt are from the same house, cool. I'm in Gryffindor.

Heyyy AZSneed, Newt is Hufflepuff, im Ravenclaw. haha since everybody reveal their house, im Horned Serpent and Ravenclaw... my patronus was a tiger (expected a lynx lol) but i thought it was way to manly and i did the test again this time i got a Winged Granian... cant catch the cat :D

@Monkey540, these are perfectly well made candles. i like them as i said before too.. great job :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyyy @AZSneed, Newt is Hufflepuff, im Ravenclaw. haha since everybody reveal their house, im Horned Serpent and Ravenclaw... my patronus was a tiger (expected a lynx lol) but i thought it was way to manly and i did the test again this time i got a Winged Granian... cant catch the cat :D

Oops, I messed up again.:(

My patronus is a Python, weird as it is I am keeping it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two photos of the Woolworth Building. The first one is from 1920 and the second I think is from 1916. At the time, the tallest building in the world.

Attachments

• Woolworth building.JPG
    Woolworth building.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Woolworth building back 1920.JPG
    Woolworth building back 1920.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 48
Here you go guys. These props are pretty big because it's an envelope for a wand. The height of a finished envelope is around 44cm.
It's a horrible size to print, because unfolded, the size is 73cm by 25cm. If anyone is going to print this too, show me! I'm very curious to see your results :D

http://www.daanderuijter.nl/Props/WandPermit-Blue.pdf
http://www.daanderuijter.nl/Props/WandPermit-Green.pdf
http://www.daanderuijter.nl/Props/WandPermit-Purple.pdf
http://www.daanderuijter.nl/Props/WandPermit-Red.pdf

I've updated the pdf files with more accurate colors and I've replaced some of the details.

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-11 om 14.41.11.jpg

@TB-7021, thank you so much for your update. It looks brilliant. I was looking at minalima wand permit and i cant see a difference honestly. Great really. Minalima version is smaller though... i guess it is not like the original replica.

TB-7021, thanks for the updated wand envelopes, as lynx said, BRILLIANT! Now to remake mine, but I will keep my original one, I like how it came out.

lynx, if you noticed the Minalima version is not accurate, no bottom flap and cropped upper flap. My guess, is that they did that so it won't be resold as screen used.

time to get geared up people we're in the 1 week count down till the movie!!!!!!!

i know everyone is excited as i am
i was just thinking it might be fun to print out a bunch of the anti-witch propaganda and wanted posters to hand out in the line before the showing.
a lot of the people will have no idea what it is until after they see the movie....but they'll sure be glad they got them after. lol

time to get geared up people we're in the 1 week count down till the movie!!!!!!!

i know everyone is excited as i am
i was just thinking it might be fun to print out a bunch of the anti-witch propaganda and wanted posters to hand out in the line before the showing.
a lot of the people will have no idea what it is until after they see the movie....but they'll sure be glad they got them after. lol

I'm actually doing that at my Imax. I printed over 200 of them. I asked Imax if I could hand them out afterwards with their exclusive posters and they said yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back