Fallout 76 Prop Pipboy

Hi zapwizard, I would be most grateful if you could make your animated swf files available and thanks for the great videos, I'm not ready to assemble my Pip boys, but it's very helpful seeing how it goes together.... Thank you again if you can help with any animation files

I don't think there is room for a Pi. Maybe a Compute Module, but it would be tough.

That compartment with the button on top can almost fit a zero. Would require some cutting of some screw mounts... Even if it did fit it would be fun trying to connect up power, gpio, and display :(

Thank you very much for allowing me/us to download your Pip boy swf files, that was most kind....

Last edited:
I just made my own Pip-Boy 2000 Mk IV stand, using the one the wand company will release later as a "reference", i just wanted it to be as simple as possible so nothing special, just something to hold my Pip-Boy on a little bit of space, i used Sintra, foam, a cardboard tube and a bit of reinforcement with a metal bracket inside the angle to prevent weight constraints of the pip boy on such a small surface, still need a bit of work and paint, but it work fine for me :D

Attachments

• Dtk8_mZW0AAcTjE.jpg
    Dtk8_mZW0AAcTjE.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
Still haven't seen any other confirmation on that product. I like it for the stand functionality only. I imagine if it is a bluetooth speaker it just has a soundboard app or something like that.

I did some test painting on a holotape player 3d print that I printed as a prototype.
I used:
Base coat of model master olive drab
Stippled (brush) coat of RustOleum flat brown
Silver paint on corners with a bit of brown
I think this matches the in game color fairly well and I will probably use this technique on my kit version as well.

Attachments

• 3FCE9102-9012-4088-974F-8BDD3EE17C27.jpeg
    3FCE9102-9012-4088-974F-8BDD3EE17C27.jpeg
    897.8 KB · Views: 188
So this just got posted to Facebook.

The Wand Company will be releasing electronics updgrade kits. One is a FM radio, with simulated wastland stations (just as I have had planned)

The other is a simulated, magnetically activated, Geiger counter. I sent an e-mail to the Wand Company contact page, because I have to know of they are looking at my own designs for ideas. I am not mad, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. As that was an idea I came up with and published back in September.

Those of you already in contact with them, please give them a poke about this. I really just want to know how much of my own project designs influenced their own design.

Anyone else having difficulty with the cuff? I replaced the buckle with a functional one, but even cinched rather tight it just slides off my arm. any suggestions for fitting the shorter wrist cuff would be appreciated.

1helios1 Yep, you can see this at the end of the video where I try cutting the strap down to make it tighter. (Without success)
No suggestions as of yet. This just proves that armbands on hard devices is difficult.

So I also recently got the Pip Boy kit and am thinking about getting another one to build and play around with after I finish weathering this one. The only thing I would change is the soft plush cloth used as the strap, I almost feel like it would be better as a leather strap. Is there anyone who would be good to go to create a leather version with all the holes and patterns based on the original model?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back