Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

teslabe

Has anybody ever tried to fix these and find where the issue is coming from? I can't find anything on LE internet.

I've opened my Pip Boy up and have been looking for some kind of USB-SPI or JTAG port, but so far I don't see a standard six pin port, nether USB ports want to
talk with my "Atmel-ICE adapter. I did find a ten pin port on the upper right side that I'll be trying this weekend. It would be nice to have a working unit to compare.
I'll post anything I find but so far no luck.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've opened my Pip Boy up and have been looking for some kind of USB-SPI or JTAG port, but so far I don't see a standard six pin port, nether USB ports want to
talk with my "Atmel-ICE adapter. I did find a ten pin port on the upper right side that I'll be trying this weekend. It would be nice to have a working unit to compare.
I'll post anything I find but so far no luck.

Yeah it was a steep price for a defective unit, I wish they'd have tested them thoroughly before putting them up on the shelves... None of the people I know have a working deluxe pip boy... I don't understand though, mine has just been sitting on the shelf and was working since the release, not sure why they'd just stop working all of the sudden? This is such a odd issue.

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last edited:

teslabe

Yeah the rest button doesn't do anything for me, unless i'm doing it wrong, but yeah...

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, for the most prevalent failure the reset and/or battery removal has no effect I've done both, I think
it more likely some bad code/addressing issue, we need to find a way to access the software/firmware and decompile it.

GhostMinion

Sr Member
Yeah it was a steep price for a defective unit, I wish they'd have tested them thoroughly before putting them up on the shelves... None of the people I know have a working deluxe pip boy... I don't understand though, mine has just been sitting on the shelf and was working since the release, not sure why they'd just stop working all of the sudden? This is such a odd issue.

Basically, this is my plan:

Re box the Pipboys (yeah I bought two of the damn paperweights) as they came exactly.

Hope that in ten years they have collectible and rarity value. After all, a limited number was made, unlike the regular pipboys. More so, the collectable pipboy clocks that came in the Fallout 3 Survival Editions didn't work worth a crap either, and you'd be lucky to find a mint one for less that 500 bucks these days (possibly more, I haven't looked in a while).

Not the most encouraging plan, I know. I'm really falling back on the hope to build a Zapwizard pipboy, at this point.

GhostMinion

Sr Member
Oh, and I'm making a Military T-51 helmet. :)

lid 2.jpg

lid 6.jpg

Last edited:

GhostMinion

Sr Member
…..was it made from pepakura or?......

Thanks! That specific helmet is a resin cast, but the master it was casted from was 3d printed. I did the 3d model work myself, using the original game model.

Your NCR lid is coming along nice there! :thumbsup I have one too! Be quite a while until mine is casted up, though. Keep rocking out that pep!!! It's been too long since I delved into the paper craft.

McIMQOe.jpg

Last edited:

GilliGen

I always enjoyed the original t-51 the most of all the t-51 designs, great job you did there with the 3D file, also the Veteran ranger helmet looks pretty dopee, i can see that our's differ alot urs is much cleaner looking :D. Also thank you!
Thanks! That specific helmet is a resin cast, but the master it was casted from was 3d printed. I did the 3d model work myself, using the original game model.

Your NCR lid is coming along nice there! :thumbsup I have one too! Be quite a while until mine is casted up, though. Keep rocking out that pep!!! It's been too long since I delved into the paper craft.

url]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

zapwizard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had to upgrade to collection to a bigger shelf today:
45852182762_2e6ffdd26c_b.jpg

I recorded a unboxing and review of the helmet and the Pip-Boy 2000 MKIV. I also recorded the three hours it took me to put it together, I don't edit video very fast, I am getting a big back log.

Text review of the Helmet: Holy cow is it huge! Some aspects are quite high quality, some areas need work.
The Pip-Boy 2000 MKiV is great, much much better than the Pip-Boy edition from FO4. I enjoyed putting it together. Although the arm strap doesn't tighten down enough, even after I modified it. I can't wait to see the mods people do to it, it can easily be painted/upgraded.

GilliGen

I had to upgrade to collection to a bigger shelf today:
View attachment 940766

I recorded a unboxing and review of the helmet and the Pip-Boy 2000 MKIV. I also recorded the three hours it took me to put it together, I don't edit video very fast, I am getting a big back log.

Text review of the Helmet: Holy cow is it huge! Some aspects are quite high quality, some areas need work.
The Pip-Boy 2000 MKiV is great, much much better than the Pip-Boy edition from FO4. I enjoyed putting it together. Although the arm strap doesn't tighten down enough, even after I modified it. I can't wait to see the mods people do to it, it can easily be painted/upgraded.
Looks beautiful :oops:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.