Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Has anybody ever tried to fix these and find where the issue is coming from? I can't find anything on LE internet.

I've opened my Pip Boy up and have been looking for some kind of USB-SPI or JTAG port, but so far I don't see a standard six pin port, nether USB ports want to
talk with my "Atmel-ICE adapter. I did find a ten pin port on the upper right side that I'll be trying this weekend. It would be nice to have a working unit to compare.
I'll post anything I find but so far no luck.

I've opened my Pip Boy up and have been looking for some kind of USB-SPI or JTAG port, but so far I don't see a standard six pin port, nether USB ports want to
talk with my "Atmel-ICE adapter. I did find a ten pin port on the upper right side that I'll be trying this weekend. It would be nice to have a working unit to compare.
I'll post anything I find but so far no luck.

Yeah it was a steep price for a defective unit, I wish they'd have tested them thoroughly before putting them up on the shelves... None of the people I know have a working deluxe pip boy... I don't understand though, mine has just been sitting on the shelf and was working since the release, not sure why they'd just stop working all of the sudden? This is such a odd issue.

Last edited:
Yeah the rest button doesn't do anything for me, unless i'm doing it wrong, but yeah...

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, for the most prevalent failure the reset and/or battery removal has no effect I've done both, I think
it more likely some bad code/addressing issue, we need to find a way to access the software/firmware and decompile it.

Yeah it was a steep price for a defective unit, I wish they'd have tested them thoroughly before putting them up on the shelves... None of the people I know have a working deluxe pip boy... I don't understand though, mine has just been sitting on the shelf and was working since the release, not sure why they'd just stop working all of the sudden? This is such a odd issue.

Basically, this is my plan:

Re box the Pipboys (yeah I bought two of the damn paperweights) as they came exactly.

Hope that in ten years they have collectible and rarity value. After all, a limited number was made, unlike the regular pipboys. More so, the collectable pipboy clocks that came in the Fallout 3 Survival Editions didn't work worth a crap either, and you'd be lucky to find a mint one for less that 500 bucks these days (possibly more, I haven't looked in a while).

Not the most encouraging plan, I know. I'm really falling back on the hope to build a Zapwizard pipboy, at this point.

Oh, and I'm making a Military T-51 helmet. :)

lid 2.jpg

lid 6.jpg

Last edited:
…..was it made from pepakura or?......

Thanks! That specific helmet is a resin cast, but the master it was casted from was 3d printed. I did the 3d model work myself, using the original game model.

Your NCR lid is coming along nice there! :thumbsup I have one too! Be quite a while until mine is casted up, though. Keep rocking out that pep!!! It's been too long since I delved into the paper craft.

McIMQOe.jpg

Last edited:
I always enjoyed the original t-51 the most of all the t-51 designs, great job you did there with the 3D file, also the Veteran ranger helmet looks pretty dopee, i can see that our's differ alot urs is much cleaner looking :D. Also thank you!
Thanks! That specific helmet is a resin cast, but the master it was casted from was 3d printed. I did the 3d model work myself, using the original game model.

Your NCR lid is coming along nice there! :thumbsup I have one too! Be quite a while until mine is casted up, though. Keep rocking out that pep!!! It's been too long since I delved into the paper craft.

url]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I had to upgrade to collection to a bigger shelf today:
45852182762_2e6ffdd26c_b.jpg

I recorded a unboxing and review of the helmet and the Pip-Boy 2000 MKIV. I also recorded the three hours it took me to put it together, I don't edit video very fast, I am getting a big back log.

Text review of the Helmet: Holy cow is it huge! Some aspects are quite high quality, some areas need work.
The Pip-Boy 2000 MKiV is great, much much better than the Pip-Boy edition from FO4. I enjoyed putting it together. Although the arm strap doesn't tighten down enough, even after I modified it. I can't wait to see the mods people do to it, it can easily be painted/upgraded.

I had to upgrade to collection to a bigger shelf today:
View attachment 940766

I recorded a unboxing and review of the helmet and the Pip-Boy 2000 MKIV. I also recorded the three hours it took me to put it together, I don't edit video very fast, I am getting a big back log.

Text review of the Helmet: Holy cow is it huge! Some aspects are quite high quality, some areas need work.
The Pip-Boy 2000 MKiV is great, much much better than the Pip-Boy edition from FO4. I enjoyed putting it together. Although the arm strap doesn't tighten down enough, even after I modified it. I can't wait to see the mods people do to it, it can easily be painted/upgraded.
Looks beautiful :oops:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back