Fallout 4 Prop Thread

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by skyconlb, Jun 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. skyconlb

skyconlb Active Member

Fallout 4 is in full gear. We now have more than enough gameplay and base trailers to obtain some good resources. Post your screen-grabs, concept art, trailers, or any other Fallout 4 prop/costume finds here. Also post any prop or costume progress you have here!

Fallout 4 Anouncement Trailer-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4
    Fallout 4 E3 Presentation-
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo_HN4

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I'm sure we're going to see new weapons and items and maybe even some from the older games that got no love in 3 or NV. I really wish i could afford a retro soda machine to redo as a Nuka one. The really old standup coke machines would at least have the styling. I think there are repros out there but pricey.

3. nekollx

nekollx New Member

Thinking as a engineer i can't help but think it might be cheeper to 3d print your own all you would need is a simple mechanical system to drop a bottle since theres only one option (quantums and victories wouldn't really something you pick like our soda machine either its just a random slot in there you get by luck as it cycles down throug hthe inventory or you just get a normal nuka) then you just need to build a big box with shelve to put them in tilt each shelve a bit to the right so as one drops out they all slide over until one drops into the hole at the end of a shelf to drop to the next shelf. Really the only hard part is the size youd have to print it in multiple parts, chemically weld them and sand them smooth and that's about it.
    fallout4 nuka dispense notes.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  4. zookone

zookone Well-Known Member

I've started work on 3D modeling the new Pip-Boy. I captured images from the trailer but am missing a couple angles of it, not shown in the trailer. The new design is similar, but has more blended shapes. The FO3 Pip-Boy 3000a was almost all sweeps and primitive geometry shapes. The new design is cool, a fun challenge to model.

Contec likes this.
  5. nekollx

nekollx New Member

the wall paper has a couple shots of it on a workbech would that be any help?

6. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Untitled.jpg

I want to know what this is, its like a mashup of a broken laser pistol and a lever action rifle of some sort. This is the far left part of the screen shot with the power armour in.

7. nekollx

nekollx New Member

it feels like a Wazer rifle with a exted barel for focusing lenes

8. zookone

The view of the Pip-Boy on the workbench helps a little bit... but its so small. I need the front face/bottom view. I'm going to wing something based on judgement and FO3 version once I get to that area.

9. Contec

Contec Master Member

It the same gun/rifle you can see him carry in the end of the trailer , mostly hidden by his body.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to make it into a Pepakura model? :)

10. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Homemade rifle?

11. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

That would be my guess. It reminds me of that gun from Fallout 1 or 2 called a Pipe Rifle. This one has a laser rifle scope attached. Well at least something resembling one.

12. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

those short fat nuka cola bottles :eek:

13. nekollx

nekollx New Member

14. zookone

15. Utri

Utri Active Member

I think that traditionally, on those kinds of vending machines, the bottles lay horizontally. You can also see it would likely be this way from the rotating mechanism visible inside the machine. But I don't know, I'm no expert on classic vending machines lol

16. nekollx

nekollx New Member

yeah i cross posted to the fall out 4 reddit and got a similar response which also makes the top loader make more sense, if i was any good at 3d modeling i would so male a STL of it still the idea is pretty cool 3d printed ice chest that dispesses nuka cola ftw.

17. nekollx

nekollx New Member

heres a video that takes a closer look fro mthe HD trailer as well

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  18. narutoishere

narutoishere Active Member

It's because people made resin-cast from the Pipboy clock that came with the collector's edition; it's smaller and had simpler look. Pipboy 3000 in the game had rounder edges. I have the Pipboy clock, but I never use it as a costume piece. I scratch-built one with foam.

If FO4 is using the same Pipboy 3000, it should look same as in FO3 and New Vegas.

19. nekollx

nekollx New Member

Except as th video above shows it does not

20. GhostMinion

Um, huh?

Afraid I don't understand. What is because people made resin casts from the pipboy clock? What does that have to do with the new pipboy?

Also, I have a suspicion that the new pipboy is not a 3000 model, either. I have no proof of this, just a suspicion. But I'm willing to bet it will be another model outright, like the pipboy 4000 or something.

21. BlackMarketMagi

BlackMarketMagi Well-Known Member

Well they just announced a Pip boy edition of Fallout 4 with working lights, has a spot for most smart phones and an app that will run as a second screen while you are playing. It sounds very neat. I also noticed a new Nuka Cola bottle design in the preview footage as well as the new downloadable game. The bottles look like rockets, have four fins at the base of the bottle.

22. Fishbowl

Fishbowl Well-Known Member

Few guns from the keynote video that are pretty awesome (apologies that they're slightly potato quality due to the twitch stream):

Scattered Automatic Laser Rifle:
    [​IMG]

Tactical Junk Jet (would love to see someone attempt this!):
    [​IMG]

Automatic Plasma Rifle:
    [​IMG]

23. nekollx

nekollx New Member

na its still the 3k bit from the stream i saw from the boot screen its called the 300 version 4

24. narutoishere

Pip-Boy 3000 Version 4, instead of Pip-Boy 4000. That made better sense, unless RobCo Industries somehow managed to develop a newer version before the fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks fop the images. "Automatic" plasma rifle; I guess it'd work like Laser RCW in New Vegas.

25. Fishbowl

If you haven't seen the keynote, the guns aren't the guns in the game, but those three were built using the modular weapons system they were demoing, so there are now (I think they said 750 variants) a whole bunch more possible weapons to build/use.

26. GhostMinion

Where does it say that?

Screenshot (130).png

27. narutoishere

No I haven't seen the keynote. So I guess we'll have to hoard all the parts for weapon customization.

By the way, is it the official image of the new pip-boy that comes with collector's edition?

https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fallout4_e3_pipedition_1434323994-0.png?w=738

28. Fishbowl

29. narutoishere

Thanks. Yes, it is official. It's listed at USD119.00. I have just placed a pre-order.

30. Grey

Grey Sr Member

31. CynderBloc

CynderBloc Active Member

It was 50 base weapons with over 700 modifications for them.

I had planned out a system years ago for casting modular parts for Borderlands weapons, but I realised it would probably need a team working on it and never got around to doing it. Would be amazing if someone did manage to get a group together to pull it off though. EDIT: Pull it off for Fallout I mean

Also, was that Kommissar in his Vet Ranger outfit waiting outside when they were talking to the fans in the pre-show?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  32. narutoishere

It says on the RobCo Industries stand, "Pip-Boy Model 3000 Mk IV". The stand comes with the Fallout 4's Pipboy edition.

33. GhostMinion

Ah, good. Thanks!

34. zookone

Dope, that video had the last of the views that needed. Mk IV's is funky little thing to re-create but practiced a lot of different methods in Rhino this weekend, the soft shapes with the beveled edges are are giving me challenges.

35. narutoishere

Another interesting thing in the video is Power Armour T-60/T-60B.

RockIt and GhostMinion like this.
  36. GhostMinion

Yes. Very interesting indeed. :)

37. robotboy

robotboy Well-Known Member

Hey all I just started working on the new Nuka Cola bottle I have the files 3d modeled just have to find a printer I plan to get it printed in brown abs and have it acetone vapor smoothed,\ [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gideono and The Schlitzie like this.
  38. zookone

Couple progress shots of the mkIV model I'm working on in Rhino. Thinking of building it around a 3.5" Screen and Rassberry Pi. I still don't have a good reference shot of the back bottom edge of the Pip-Boy where the hinge is. The hard area to model is going to be the front curved faces and clasp. I think I'm starting to dial in the scale and relationships though finally, so I thought I'd share what I've been up to.

Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Back.jpg Pip-Boy 3000 mkIV ZookCo - Front.jpg

Gideono likes this.
  39. CynderBloc

CynderBloc Active Member

40. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Those bottles look to be inspired by the early 'fat' Coke bottles, before they got more streamlined:

Attached Files:

41. ProudNerd

ProudNerd New Member

If you are successful with this Pip-boy, would you consider doing a run of them?

42. Phaestoz

Phaestoz New Member

They are really low quality, but does this help any?
    pipboy help.jpg

43. GhostMinion

While I know that the Pipboy from F3 wouldn't be a "Fallout 4" prop technically, I'm wondering if anybody will make some Fallout 3 pipboys that will fit the same mobile device as Bethesda's pipboy, so you can use the second screen app with it.

44. skyconlb

skyconlb Active Member

Not sure, but does skruffy still do his castings? Would that work? I hear good things...

45. GhostMinion

Don't know if it would work or not. I myself am hoping for one that isn't cast from the F3 collector's edition clock, honestly.

46. mrcarkeys42

mrcarkeys42 Active Member

47. GhostMinion

I don't think it's based off of a real gun, traditionally the 10mm has always been "it's own thing" in Fallout.

Honestly, I'm torn half and half on this one. The new one does look cool, but I'm disappointed they changed it. I rather liked the boxy, over-tactical look of the previous one. While it would be impractical as a carry pistol in real life, it just looks beefy, and fits well in this series.

Funny thing I noticed playing Fallout 1 a couple weeks ago...........if you look close enough, you'll see that the original 10mm pistol was in fact a revolver. It sports an autoloader look in the body, but look close and you'll see the cylinder sticking out the side.

48. drjag

drjag Well-Known Member

Actually in Fallout 3 and FNV, the 10mm pistol bares some resemblance to the desert eagle, especially the sights and the slide but yeah for the most part, it has it's own look.

49. GhostMinion

Yeah, the base framework for the F3 version is based off of that of a desert eagle. I was talking about the new one not being based off of a real gun. And even then I'm not sure, but I don't believe it is.

50. skyconlb

skyconlb Active Member

I was thinking it looks a bit too much like the settler pistol in the game rage. (Which was also made in part by bethesda.) Immediately in seeing the gameplay it put me off. I also liked the 10 mil from Fallout 3. It fit. This one in a sense seems 'too practical.' Though the one in Rage is a revolver.

Fallout 4:
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...0/e15/11249282_917281645003581_95600751_n.jpg

Rage:
    http://www.primagames.com/media/files/rage/walkthrough/pistol.png