Factory Entertainment SDCC 2022 - Men in Black 1 & 2 Neuralyzers

I just got mine a couple days ago , Ordered direct as couldnt find any UK distributers getting them in. So got it fast but came with an expensive customs bill as expected.

Dimension wise the bottom section seems pretty much 1:1 with the first release ( I have that as well to compare ) , top half looks almost the same but sits further in when closed and has a different finish to the rest of the prop , its more of a chromed plastic looking finish, wheras the previous release and the rest of this ones body is a mirror polish, perhaps this was done to minimise scratch marks from being extended.

The plastic internal parts seem very slightly different but lock in the same way. The year display is great and im glad to see they have made the dials like the pt 1 version rather than reuse the existing ones. There is a bit of a film on the year display that seems to be lifting on the corners but Im not sure it should be so am not going to try peeling it off.

The "flash" is good , but I do prefer the origional release for that. This is more like turning your phone light on and off , where as the origional release was like a camera flash.

The display case is good , it doesn't fit in with the previous displays but certainly feels MIB Themed.

EDITED- So you can display it open , though not mentioned in the instructions if you flip the foam insert around there is a cutout for it in the open position.

The only real disapointment I have with it is the top half is very floppy/wobbly, it flops forward when pressing the year/flash buttons and as soon as you extend it it just feels loose. So much so i thought i might have gotten a faulty one but when checking with FE they told me this is normal on them. Seems a backward step to me as the origonal edition isnt like this ( there is a bit of play but nowhere near as much as on these ).

Ive attached the video i sent to FE to better show what I mean, Though not sure anything could be done to improve it DIY.

Overall im still glad I got one, but the previous release felt much better value.

Attachments

• d19d6b0c-ae15-45f8-8bb1-f7d01ae1f3ef.mp4
    22.6 MB
Last edited:
I noticed a difference on the power down. The old one fades out (cool). The new on just turns off abruptly. (boring)

Try a little patch of fuzzy velcro on the battery for looseness. The first one did this on me and that helped take up the slack.

Attachments

• 20231022_182322.jpg
    20231022_182322.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
It’s a MIB 2 noisy cricket rerelease. They showed it at sdcc.

Unlikely to get a MiB 1 version since that prop would need a bunch of cleaning up.

It’s a MIB 2 noisy cricket rerelease. They showed it at sdcc.

Unlikely to get a MiB 1 version since that prop would need a bunch of cleaning up.
It states "MIB 1" in the announcement email and "Factory Entertainment is proud to offer its replica based on the hero props as seen in 1997's Men In Black." on the product page (link in the post above).

Can you tell from the pictures which version it is?

The funny thing is that the mesh and green light are accurate to both versions. So what they really did was make the MiB 2 cricket slightly more accurate.

Honestly don't care which version it is. I am just happy that it's better.

LOL. what a money grab F for effort once again.........haha. They say they had reference to the MIB1 gun and pretty much took the MIB2 version they already released and gave it the green LED. The MIB 1 version is bigger and the frame is different and the slots are not as long and the slots on the barrel end are way longer and the barrel is longer and thicker.....for your pleasure. Im sure plenty on here will be happy once again for FE;s lack of attention to detail to just give people what they think they see on screen instead of replication the different prop iterations. When people let them slide on their other inaccurate stuff why should they give a crap about any of it. The fact they actually made it MORE innacurate by changing the trigger guard to a different shape when the old style was closer is hilarious.

This is their first release .

old1.jpeg

This new one

new1.jpeg

and the original
original1.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL. what a money grab F for effort once again.........haha. They say they had reference to the MIB1 gun and pretty much took the MIB2 version they already released and gave it the green LED. The MIB 1 version is bigger and the frame is different and the slots are not as long and the slots on the barrel end are way longer and the barrel is longer and thicker.....for your pleasure. Im sure plenty on here will be happy once again for FE;s lack of attention to detail to just give people what they think they see on screen instead of replication the different prop iterations. When people let them slide on their other inaccurate stuff why should they give a crap about any of it. The fact they actually made it MORE innacurate by changing the trigger guard to a different shape when the old style was closer is hilarious.

This is their first release .

View attachment 1758247

This new one

View attachment 1758248

and the original View attachment 1758251
That's kind of disappointing, especially given the cost. I bought a HCG Aliens Motion Tracker for the same price as this Noisy Cricket and its got light, sounds, animation, is incredibly detailed and accurate and BIG. US$700 for something this small is a LOT for something this small and this inaccurate, it's really rough.
Edit: some kind folks helped me realise that the FE website was applying Currency Conversion to the listing and it's not as bad as I thought. Still a lot but not nearly as egregious.
Combined with the Neuralyzer reviews from others about changes, floppiness and general lessening of what you get for the price, I'm pretty happy to be skipping all of these.
Looks like I'll have to 3D print something, maybe take a crack at electro-plating...

Last edited:
That's kind of disappointing, especially given the cost. I bought a HCG Aliens Motion Tracker for the same price as this Noisy Cricket and its got light, sounds, animation, is incredibly detailed and accurate and BIG. US$700 for something this small is a LOT... for something this small and this inaccurate, it's really rough. Combined with the Neuralyzer reviews from others about changes, floppiness and general lessening of what you get for the price, I'm pretty happy to be skipping all of these.
Looks like I'll have to 3D print something, maybe take a crack at electro-plating...
It isn’t $700.

It isn’t $700.
Isn't it? The FE website says $711. Unless the sites doing currency conversion to AU Dollars?

EDIT: Yeah, I found some listings on other sites. Looks like FE is detecting my location and doing currency conversion, without indicating anything on the page. That's pretty confusing, but does make the prop slightly less crazy to me.
The Neuralyzer is almost a grand in my local currency which is still a lot, but again, not as bad as when I thought that was US Dollars!!!

Thanks for pointing that out!

1699412944943.png

Isn't it? The FE website says $711. Unless the sites doing currency conversion to AU Dollars?

EDIT: Yeah, I found some listings on other sites. Looks like FE is detecting my location and doing currency conversion, without indicating anything on the page. That's pretty confusing, but does make the prop slightly less crazy to me.
The Neuralyzer is almost a grand in my local currency which is still a lot, but again, not as bad as when I thought that was US Dollars!!!

Thanks for pointing that out!

View attachment 1759706
When I look it's $449.99 on their site. Definitely must be some sot of conversion going on there.

When I look it's $449.99 on their site. Definitely must be some sot of conversion going on there.
Yep. Dug a bit deeper and it's a Shopify cart that seems to do auto-conversion.
That's not exactly great though...
It means that the Neuralyzer is actually only 2/3 the price I thought, which puts it just at the upper limits of what I can justify spending... sigh. I'm gonna end up buying one. $100 international shipping is pretty sucky, but I'm not seeing cheaper solutions.
I'll be skipping the Noisy Cricket though. Of the two props, the Neuralyzer definitely has the bigger draw for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back